Best tweets about Jon (from fighters)

So fighters should not be allowed to drink alcohol after they sign on for a fight?

SHould they use PED's? (as long as they are clean for the fight?)

Has it been established that cocaine is a PED and that Jones was using it as such?

Cocaine is a PED. Much more so than Weed. And Jon was using.
If Vitor claimed he needed TRT to "perform" with his wife. WOuld that make his use between fights legal?

Possessing cocaine, buying and selling, are a criminal offense. Using is not (yes, I know it's a loophole).

Interesting fact: no one loans you cocaine!!!
So unless he makes his own, Someone sold it to him and this means he bought it. This is then a criminal case of (at least possession) and there are a lot of ramifications to it.

Jaywalking is also a criminal offense, should a fight be cancelled if there's a video of a fighter jaywalking before a fight?

I am unaware jaywalking is a PED...
But yes. If someone has video evidence of ANY criminal activity, they should take it to the authorities who would then take matters into their own hands.
Obviously, I would think they would let the person slide due to priorization of the crime. But I have a hard time thinking they would look at someone snorting cocaine and let it slide....

Both DC and Jones got FOTN.

Healy failed his POST fight test.

for a crime he did not commit.
He smoked where it was legal and he had a license.

Jon snorted Cocaine... banned substance in the whole USA.

See the difference? :)

Healy's 100k bonus money was taken away and his win was ruled to a NC.
do some research before talking bs.

You should take your own advice. Healy tested positive in the POST-FIGHT urinalysis not a month before the fight.

He found it on the ground.

Sq4axLZ.jpg

Your argument is invalid.

If he ate it directly off the ground and only made tongue contact you're correct. However in court it would be ruled beyond a reasonable doubt That he used one of his limbs ( hands or feet) to assist in the consumption.

My point meets prima facie

Why would the fight be cancelled or a NC be ruled if there were no rules broken? Have a think about it and try to find some logic in that thick skull of yours.

I've answered.
If you were not so desperate, you'd not have missed it.

UFC was aware of Jon's addiction (and obvious crime of buying & possession of the drug).
They should have canceled the fight.

The results are good because, cocaine is out of your system in like 2 days.

Stop crying, made no difference.

So, you're saying he didnt use cocaine between Dec 3-Jan 3? Doing coke once a month doesnt seem like a "problem" to me.

The amount of hypocrisy within the UFC is a joke. The lack of discipline and the pat on the back approach is what causes the sport to lose interest, instead of trying to protect his cash cow.

SHould they use PED's? (as long as they are clean for the fight?)

Cocaine is a PED. Much more so than Weed. And Jon was using.
If Vitor claimed he needed TRT to "perform" with his wife. WOuld that make his use between fights legal?

Obviously they should not use PEDs.

Do you have a source that backs your theory that cocaine is a PED and is used as such for high level competitions? I see a lot of back and forth on these boards about it being/not being a PED and no one sourcing their opinions.

Interesting fact: no one loans you cocaine!!!
So unless he makes his own, Someone sold it to him and this means he bought it. This is then a criminal case of (at least possession) and there are a lot of ramifications to it.

No prosecutor in the world would take that case. It's a non-issue.

I am unaware jaywalking is a PED...
But yes. If someone has video evidence of ANY criminal activity, they should take it to the authorities who would then take matters into their own hands.
Obviously, I would think they would let the person slide due to priorization of the crime. But I have a hard time thinking they would look at someone snorting cocaine and let it slide....

You didn't say anything about PEDs in that statement, just criminal actions.

I personally do not believe a person's personal life outside of the UFC should affect their employment. Especially if it's something like recreational drug use that does not impact their standing with the UFC and does not hurt anyone but themselves.

Though, of course, that could be argued as to whether or not it impacts the standing with UFC since it's all subjective.

for a crime he did not commit.
He smoked where it was legal and he had a license.

Jon snorted Cocaine... banned substance in the whole USA.

See the difference? :)

I am going to be honest here and say I am not completely aware of the details of the Healy situation as I have not read about it.

However, I would say just because he was (apparently) wronged by the UFC or the commission, doesn't instantly mean Jones should be too.

If he ate it directly off the ground and only made tongue contact you're correct. However in court it would be ruled beyond a reasonable doubt That he used one of his limbs ( hands or feet) to assist in the consumption.

My point meets prima facie

Perhaps you missed my pictorial evidence.

This is an open and shut case in court for me.

You should take your own advice. Healy tested positive in the POST-FIGHT urinalysis not a month before the fight.

yes.

You argument, with any thinking, is weaker than you thought it would sound....:redface:

Because Weed stays in your blood for much longer than coke.
Both consumed before the fight.
Healy did not smoke before going to the octagon. He was not under the influence.

Bottom line:
Healy smoked where he is allowed to smoke. (committed no crime)
Jon snorked where he was not allowed to.(committed a crime)

Healy's fight was changed to NC.
Jon's fight was not changed to NC.

Healy lost bott his Bonuses
Jon kept his Bonus

Healy was publicly admonished by Dana
Jon receive full Support from Dana

Two weights, two measures.

2-dde1f43eff.jpg

Jones violated the fighter conduct policy, when is he being suspended and fined?

It just says he needs to be disciplined.

His discipline will be rehab and probably more drug tests.

Except he is a is a Medical Marijuana patient in the state of Nevada, which has a very stringent process for even receiving a license.

You mean it's not like every other state where you goto some out of practice doctor, complain about headaches, phantom back pain, etc. pay fee and return with a prescription to smoke the reefers?

It just says he needs to be disciplined.

His discipline will be rehab and probably more drug tests.

And they suspended and fined mitrione for violating this policy for saying he didnt agree with fallon fox fighting women. Guess he should keep his mouth shut and just do lines all day to avoid any punishment.

yes.

You argument, with any thinking, is weaker than you thought it would sound....:redface:

Because Weed stays in your blood for much longer than coke.
Both consumed before the fight.
Healy did not smoke before going to the octagon. He was not under the influence.

Bottom line:
Healy smoked where he is allowed to smoke. (committed no crime)
Jon snorked where he was not allowed to.(committed a crime)

Healy's fight was changed to NC.
Jon's fight was not changed to NC.

Healy lost bott his Bonuses
Jon kept his Bonus

Healy was publicly admonished by Dana
Jon receive full Support from Dana

Two weights, two measures.

Best post IIR

Obviously they should not use PEDs.

But I thought you said it is ok, as long as you are clean for the fight...:eek:

Do you have a source that backs your theory that cocaine is a PED and is used as such for high level competitions? I see a lot of back and forth on these boards about it being/not being a PED and no one sourcing their opinions.

it is much more than Weed.
DO you understand the effects each have on the human body?
If you do, then you probably know the answer ;)

No prosecutor in the world would take that case. It's a non-issue.

I beg to differ.
Jon is a known snitch (by his own admission).
If police stormed his home, they'd find his stash and he'd talk and give his dealer.

You didn't say anything about PEDs in that statement, just criminal actions.

Isn't one of your arguments that Cocaine is not deemed PED so it should be ok??

I personally do not believe a person's personal life outside of the UFC should affect their employment. Especially if it's something like recreational drug use that does not impact their standing with the UFC and does not hurt anyone but themselves.

Wait!!! Are you calling Cocaine "recreational drug"????

And as I said (that you ignored), if Vitor (or Sonen) use TRT because they want to perform under the sheets.... does that change your perception??? (as long as they are clean for the fight)???

You are digging your own hole here :)

I am going to be honest here and say I am not completely aware of the details of the Healy situation as I have not read about it.

No problem, I explain.
He was caught, as you know, for metabolites.
But with week, they stay in your blood stream for a long time (it varies depending on how much you consume, how often, etc).
The thing is:He is licensed to smoke in Nevada, by law.
So he smoked weed. But Legal weed, which he has all the permits to use.

Yet the UFC found it ok to take away his bonuses (100k) and suspend fighters for smoking (same with Diaz).

And (I hope) we both agree that Weed is not half as bad as Cocaine.

However, I would say just because he was (apparently) wronged by the UFC or the commission, doesn't instantly mean Jones should be too.

That's the thing though.
I understand what they did to Healy. Those are the rules (though they found to their discretion to use the full extent of this rule).
What is baffling is that they not only did not take his bonus away, they maintained his victory, he maintain his belt, and the UFC is giving full support to Jon!

If anything, there's no consistency!

The point is not that they "wronged" healy!
They are simply making a mockery of what they did to Healy by doing the opposite now!

Jon jones should be suspended and Dana fired for the cover up.

Back