Best tweets about Jon (from fighters)

Jimmy Smith is based as fuck. I wish the UFC could get him.

Cocaine time and time again ranks among the most dangerous drugs in the world. I hope Jon gets clean and continues to fight at a high level.

2-dde1f43eff.jpg

Jones violated the fighter conduct policy, when is he being suspended and fined?

I'm not one to nitpick and I think he SHOULD BE PUNISHED. But right underneath the opening paragraph it reads "Discipline may be imposed"
Which means (to me) that the UFC could just say "It's all good..." Or they could take a ripsaw to his groinal sack region.

Oh and Askren is FREAKING GOLD! :)

Cocaine is a PED. Much more so than Weed. And Jon was using.
If Vitor claimed he needed TRT to "perform" with his wife. WOuld that make his use between fights legal?

You keep calling cocaine a PED, and while I agree with you in a sense, I don't agree with this comparison of coke to trt you keep making. Now, I'm no alchemist, but as I understand it, steroids, testosterone and the like (hormonal peds?) can be discontinued while still giving the fighter a lasting advantage and fading away from possible detection. Cocaine, on the other hand, would only help you during a fight (Be more aggressive, feel no pain, superhard to KO, etc...).

I think it's inappropriate for you to compare testoserone and cocaine the way you are. If vitor was doing coke between fights I wouldn't think it's a big deal, but doing using trt would be.

Jones passed another test before the fight and I'm assuming he passed the post fight test since I have heard anything. It's more apt to compare his behaviour to drinking alcohol or smoking weed. I don't think either of those are banned out of competition either.

And for the record, I've never been a jones fan.

There are some harsh tweets.

This is akin to Vitor getting caught on TRT during camp. WHy would they cancel the fight if he's caught in training, not in the actual fight???

I think you fail to grasp he should not have fought at all!

But people excel in spite of a coke habit, not because of it.

McCall and Askren's were pretty funny, while Barry seemed melodramatic. Riddle is just sour; he tested positive a multitude of times.

2-dde1f43eff.jpg

Jones violated the fighter conduct policy, when is he being suspended and fined?

"Unlawful possession of a gun or other unlawful weapon"

Diaz better hide those nunchucks

He didn't want. Sip of coffee before the fight because he didn't want to mess with his system!

U.itimate hypocrite. C Hampionships

Oh how I wish I had saved a Jones rant for now but the dubs already came at his expense

Riddle sure cries a lot for a guy who tested positive twice in under a year.

You keep calling cocaine a PED, and while I agree with you in a sense, I don't agree with this comparison of coke to trt you keep making. Now, I'm no alchemist, but as I understand it, steroids, testosterone and the like (hormonal peds?) can be discontinued while still giving the fighter a lasting advantage and fading away from possible detection. Cocaine, on the other hand, would only help you during a fight (Be more aggressive, feel no pain, superhard to KO, etc...).

I think it's inappropriate for you to compare testoserone and cocaine the way you are. If vitor was doing coke between fights I wouldn't think it's a big deal, but doing using trt would be.

Jones passed another test before the fight and I'm assuming he passed the post fight test since I have heard anything. It's more apt to compare his behaviour to drinking alcohol or smoking weed. I don't think either of those are banned out of competition either.

And for the record, I've never been a jones fan.

Well, first of all, you have to put this into context.
I was talking about Vitor/TRT because the allegation was that he was clean for the fight.
So my point was, as long as Vitor was clean for the fight, would TRT be ok then?

Second: You kind of contradict yourself.
Here's what you wrote about effects of Cocaine (which I agree with you): "Be more aggressive, feel no pain, superhard to KO, etc..."
Don't you think this would help you train harder??? So what exactly is the difference from a PED? (besides the side-effects, of killing you)?

Last: Jon was probably clean for the fight.
But you do understand Cocaine is not detected a couple of days after using, while Weed could last for months and TRT for weeks (depending how much you inject yourself)?
So claiming "he was clean for the fight" just means he didn't snort two days prior to the fight...

Riddle sure cries a lot for a guy who tested positive twice in under a year.

...for something he can legally consume...
and for 100k he lost (plus a fight in his record)

...for something he can legally consume...
and for 100k he lost (plus a fight in his record)

For Something that's ban in the Job where is was employed in something he was well aware of when he signed his contract.

Shaddows said:
That's the thing though.
I understand what they did to Healy. Those are the rules (though they found to their discretion to use the full extent of this rule).
What is baffling is that they not only did not take his bonus away, they maintained his victory, he maintain his belt, and the UFC is giving full support to Jon!

If anything, there's no consistency!

The point is not that they "wronged" healy!
They are simply making a mockery of what they did to Healy by doing the opposite now!
Thank you.
So claiming "he was clean for the fight" just means he didn't snort two days prior to the fight...
this "fact" shit doesn't matter to those blinded by hero worship.

Fucking fail a drug test, get off scot free.

Unbelievable.

His license to compete should have been revoked.

I hope the UFC signs Askren when his deal is done in Japan.

Back