Best TDD of all time?

BJ Penn

GSP had to physically lift him up to take him down

GSP was also taken down by kos quite easily

bj_penn_takedown_defense.gif

that's crazy, randy couture said he had trouble taking bj down in training.

GSP all day. In a division that has the most high level wrestlers.

Gsp has been taken down by kos in both fights, hughes in the first fight, and i believe penn did in the first fight not sure though.

Jones.

For all the time GSP has fought in the octagon I would imagine he's spent less than 3 rds on his back in total.

Someone have the actual time?

For all the time GSP has fought in the octagon I would imagine he's spent less than 3 rds on his back in total.

Someone have the actual time?

Don't know about GSP, but JDS spent something like 13s on his back in 9 UFC fights. Jon Jones 0s in 12 UFC fights. JDS fought 2 wrestlers/grapplers in the UFC (GG and Cain), Jones 5 (O'Brien, Hamill, Matyushenko, Bader, Rashad).

GSP, he's faced far better wrestlers than Jones has. Mirko isn't in the top 20.

Yeah, I think GSP has earned the title. Aldo is solid as hell too. Obviously Jones is 100%, but I honestly can't remember very many guys even committing to an effort against him.

It is too early to say, but watching Barnett try and take Cormier down was really interesting. It looked like Josh was trying to wrestle an oak tree.

Andy Wang is #1 in every statistical category. Knowing this fact, why do people even bother making threads like this?

Mirko's been taken down by Nelson, Alistair, Kongo, Gonzaga, Fedor, Nog, Sakuraba...

His sprawl was very good but still overinflated because he stopped Coleman's takedowns when Coleman just recently had neck surgery (or something along those lines)

Please refrain from knowing stuff. That don't play in Shertardia.

Jones, Penn, St. Pierre.

HM to Machida

Jones? Pshh.... I saw a video of Leonard Garcia taking him down in a sparring session.

GSP and Anderson Silva are important names.

Also, in the post fight conference of UFC 154, GSP said that Condit had a very low amount of TDs attempts but that he was 50% of the time on top when his fights went to the ground. This clearly deserves to be mentioned IMO.

GSP. Easily.

You mean the same Anderson Silva that got taken down and mounted by Travis fucking Lutter? :eek:

That's like saying you got dunked on by Michael Jordan...

:eek:

Ask goldy

Gsp.

I'm giving Bj a pass when he gets taken down by WW's because they're so much bigger and faster, but Bj still got taken down by Frankie Edgar.

And by Caol Uno who's only the same size or smaller than Penn.

Back