Best TDD of all time?

JudontknowMMA

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I nominate BJ Penn. Jon jones, gsp and rashad Evans get honorable mentions. I think in a few more years, Cormier and JDS may be added to that list.

Post yours.

Gsp.

I'm giving Bj a pass when he gets taken down by WW's because they're so much bigger and faster, but Bj still got taken down by Frankie Edgar.

Vintage Mirko and Chuck.

Considering the level of talent he's fighting, GSP.

gsp1.gif

gsp2.gif

Until Jones gets taken down, he has the crown. GSP close second.

Factually, the best TDD in MMA/UFC is Jon Jones at TDD attempts.

So factually, the best TDD rate goes to Jones but that would also include fighters unwillingness to play in jones dangerous clinch wrestling/grappling game.

Lets see what Cheal can do and or if he take Jones down and Cheal is a legit top division wrestler with top notch Take downs.

GSP also has a great TDD game

Last edited:
Gsp has been taken down by kos in both fights, hughes in the first fight, and i believe penn did in the first fight not sure though.

Jones.

Jones is not that tested though. The only people who he has faced with top TDs are Rashad and Machida and Machida never tried to take him down and Rashad never really committed to taking him down.

Its probably GSP right now since he has faced a shitload of wrestlers his whole career

It may be Jones once he gets more tested though

GSP and Jones seem to be leading that field, but even though he has been taken down I will give it to GSP because of how much more tested he is.

Back