Best TDD of all time?

Gsp has been taken down by kos in both fights, hughes in the first fight, and i believe penn did in the first fight not sure though.

Jones.

Agreed gsp and bj are great. But Jones has never been taken down right?

Cro Cop and GSP.

Both never wrestled, even more impressive was Cro Cop learning late in his fighting career. (Not MMA)

mirko_cro-cop261.jpg

ChuckLiddell.jpg

susumu17.jpg

Junior Dos Santos
Chuck Liddell
Georges St Pierre
Jon Jones
Mirko Cro Crop
Jose Aldo

Are all contenders

Agreed gsp and bj are great. But Jones has never been taken down right?

He hasn't but he hasn't really defended too many TDs either. GSP has stuffed far more TDs and even reverses the attempts. Aldo is up there too. I feel like the guys WW and below have more impressive TDD because of all the wrestlers they face.

Mirko's been taken down by Nelson, Alistair, Kongo, Gonzaga, Fedor, Nog, Sakuraba...

His sprawl was very good but still overinflated because he stopped Coleman's takedowns when Coleman just recently had neck surgery (or something along those lines)

Jon Jones, 100%..

Darkhorse; Akiyama

He hasn't but he hasn't really defended too many TDs either. GSP has stuffed far more TDs and even reverses the attempts. Aldo is up there too. I feel like the guys WW and below have more impressive TDD because of all the wrestlers they face.

very true you got fitch and kosh, gsp never thought of it that way. Who has phenomenal wresting in LHW cant think of any at the moment (besides Chael and Hendo )

Mirko. Dude had awesome TDD back in the day.

Now a days, it's definitely GSP and I guess Jones.

Chuck is a good mention too, but I think his skill was not just TDD but his ability to stand back up after being taken down.

Mirko's been taken down by Nelson, Alistair, Kongo, Gonzaga, Fedor, Nog, Sakuraba...

His sprawl was very good but still overinflated because he stopped Coleman's takedowns when Coleman just recently had neck surgery (or something along those lines)

Most of those you named are guys who fought way past his prime,

Seriously man did you watch the Nog fight? if you did you'd know how good his TDD was.

Gonzaga i can understand but that was from him catching Cro Cop's kick anyway,

Sakuraba, it was his 5th fight even in MMA during a time when Sakuraba was still one of the top 10 P4P in the world.

Also heres a little thing for you,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZM6673TwzU

For those claiming Jones has never been taken down, just relax the guy has never faced someone who has consistently tried to take him down, Rashad didnt even shoot on Machida and he did the same with Jones so it doesnt count.

Matt Hammill

very true you got fitch and kosh, gsp never thought of it that way. Who has phenomenal wresting in LHW cant think of any at the moment (besides Chael and Hendo )

Rashad, cheal and machida have the best TD's at LHW.

Fitch is a good wrestler,

Kos is good also but I wouldn't consider him an elite wrestler.

Cheal, Cormier, Jones, Cain and Rashad, I would.

Last edited:
Most of those you named are guys who fought way past his prime,

Seriously man did you watch the Nog fight? if you did you'd know how good his TDD was.

Gonzaga i can understand but that was from him catching Cro Cop's kick anyway,

Sakuraba, it was his 5th fight even in MMA during a time when Sakuraba was still one of the top 10 P4P in the world.

Also heres a little thing for you,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZM6673TwzU

Plenty of people have stuffed Randlemans shot. Cro Cop had good TDD but not even close to being one of the greatest of all time.

Back