Best TDD of all time?

The only time I remember GSP being taken down was by Matt Hughes in the first fight. Did Kos manage a TD in the second fight? I can't remember. Chuck also had very good TDD, though I think Tito did manage to land one in their second fight. Mirko had good TDD, but not as good as chuck and GSP. Mirko was taken down by Saku, Waterman...
The new generation has Jones and JDS, and possibly Daniel Cormier as the best.

Gsp has been taken down by kos in both fights, hughes in the first fight, and i believe penn did in the first fight not sure though.

Jones.

lol. You name 3 guys who have some of the best td's in mma and act like that is a negative.

GSP has had the #1 or #2 all time tdd stats for years despite fighting Kosx2, Bjx2, Hughesx3, Fitch, Shields, Karo, Trigg who all have great td's.

Jones may surpass him but he has just not been tested as much yet so we do not know.

Not bad but still went down towards end
d2MAs.gif

Ill go with jones and JDS only been taken down once by gonzaga i believe. I can't remember if Carwin did.

Going by the percentages, the amount of rounds and the over all level of top competition faced: GSP. It's not even arguable.

Aldo wins IMO cause he is young and when you shoot on him you Gotta worry about making his highlight real as the guy who shoots for a td and eats a knee. However as of right now id say jds but hwys can't spring as quick ww so gsp ftw

GSP, but Chuck deserves honorable mention for using his more effectively. I loved the way he would just stand back up out of a takedown attempt.

Cro Cop, imo.

Rampage was almost impossible to take town in his earlier years, as another note.

Mirko. Dude had awesome TDD back in the day.

Now a days, it's definitely GSP and I guess Jones.

Chuck is a good mention too, but I think his skill was not just TDD but his ability to stand back up after being taken down.

Agree completely. The combination of the two was just insane. He was like on of those inflatable punch clowns you had as a kid. You punch, it and it just...slowly...gets back....in position. For that reason I think he's clearly ahead of Mirko, who had a great sprawl but once on his back really just stalled.

BJ Penn

GSP had to physically lift him up to take him down

GSP was also taken down by kos quite easily

bj_penn_takedown_defense.gif

Back