Best P4P MMA Wrestler Of All Time

GSP.

I would guess he outwrestled a good deal of other potential top 5ers in Hughes, Fitch and Kos.

Obligatory askren vote, he isnt particularly shredded, doesn't really need to evolve his striking. Because he can still take anyone down at will (at least so far)

GSP. He could be competitive wrestling with most LHW's.

GSP, but if Mighty Mouse can keep it up it may become contentious.

GSP was technically a top game BJJ player since he had no wrestling background, but did have a BJJ background.

GSP=French Canadian Arona

i wouldnt say JBJ dominated Cormier....he took him down twice but couldnt hold him down. clinchwork was most ofthe time just holidng. so i wouldnt say he dominates people in wrestling like GSP does.

GSP was a really good wrestler. but IMO Phil Davis has the best p4p wrestling, not to mention very good submission skills which GSP doesnt exactly do. Davis' wrestling is at like 15/10....although his striking is probably 3/10 lol

Except Rashad totally dominated him by wrestling.

I agree with GSP and I also agree with people who said Jones is up there as well. They both faced top-notch wrestlers and out wrestled them.

I will have to give it to GSP, George dominated wrestlers & he never even came up in wrestling. He Dominated Matt Hughes, Jake Shields, Josh Koscheck, Jon Fitch, Sean Sherk, All fighter who have solid wrestling credentials & made them all look average.

GSP P4P best MMA wrestler of All Time

I think GSP is a fair choice for best MMA wrestler ever....

....but it's a myth that he dominated Koscheck in the wrestling stakes. Re-watch the fights. GSP wins both fights comfortably, but the wrestling is very even in both. GSP can't do anything with Kos in the rematch, their wrestling cancels each other out and GSP wins the fight by superior striking only, and in the first fight GSP dominates the wrestling early then has that reversed later in the fight. Maybe GSP edges the wrestling because if I remember rightly his dominance in the first fight lasts longer, but in no way can it be fairly stated that he "dominated" Koscheck in terms of wrestling over both fights. It's a myth, contradicted by the evidence at hand.

Jones took down DC because the challenger was gassed and his back was against the cage. GSP used to take down guys at will in the earlier rounds with perfect execution without using the cage.

GSP.

I'd say GSP, Hendricks, Cormier, Jones, Romero, Askren, and Velasquez are the best I've seen (not in order).

Koscheck, Rashad, Weidman, Sonnen at 185, Nurmagomedov, Edgar, and Mendes also great.

i wouldnt say JBJ dominated Cormier....he took him down twice but couldnt hold him down. clinchwork was most ofthe time just holidng. so i wouldnt say he dominates people in wrestling like GSP does.

GSP was a really good wrestler. but IMO Phil Davis has the best p4p wrestling, not to mention very good submission skills which GSP doesnt exactly do. Davis' wrestling is at like 15/10....although his striking is probably 3/10 lol

Rashad Evans TRASHED Phil Davis' wrestling.

Here's a list of the best wrestlers off the top of my head from what I've seen:

GSP, Jones, Sonnen, Edgar, Cormier, Arona, Randleman, Coleman, Velasquez

Sorry but I have never been impressed with Fitch's wrestling. I don't think Cormier's wrestling is is as good as Askrens. Askrens ground game is better.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back