Best P4P MMA Wrestler Of All Time

I think Cormier is the best wrestler to ever transition well into mma, and Jones' mma wrestling was better than his.

I'd say GSP, Hendricks, Cormier, Jones, Romero, Askren, and Velasquez are the best I've seen (not in order).

Koscheck, Rashad, Weidman, Sonnen at 185, Nurmagomedov, Edgar, and Mendes also great.

Would maybe add King Mo to my 'also great' list here. The way he used his wrestling vs Jacob Noe was perfection.

Would maybe add King Mo to my 'also great' list here. The way he used his wrestling vs Jacob Noe was perfection.

Pre-knee issues, at this point his wrestling is gone though and he has become a decent forward plodding striker.

I'd say GSP, Hendricks, Cormier, Jones, Romero, Askren, and Velasquez are the best I've seen (not in order).

Koscheck, Rashad, Weidman, Sonnen at 185, Nurmagomedov, Edgar, and Mendes also great.

This list looks good to me... will be fun to see if Cejudo can use his effectively if needed in future fights.

I think GSP is a fair choice for best MMA wrestler ever....

....but it's a myth that he dominated Koscheck in the wrestling stakes. Re-watch the fights. GSP wins both fights comfortably, but the wrestling is very even in both. GSP can't do anything with Kos in the rematch, their wrestling cancels each other out and GSP wins the fight by superior striking only, and in the first fight GSP dominates the wrestling early then has that reversed later in the fight. Maybe GSP edges the wrestling because if I remember rightly his dominance in the first fight lasts longer, but in no way can it be fairly stated that he "dominated" Koscheck in terms of wrestling over both fights. It's a myth, contradicted by the evidence at hand.

Kos hit one TD the whole fight at the end of the first. The rest of the fight GSP dominated stuffing Kos TDs, reversing them and hitting his own TDs.

You definitely remember the fight wrong

GSP.

The real question is who is the second best MMA wrestler of all time.

Rulon Gardner. Yoshida couldn't move at all. Terrible fight.

you guys high on Askren or you just started watching MMA .....
we are talking about MMA wrestling here - his best win is Douglas Lima and Jay Hieron. When he beats a top ten welterweight with his wrestling involved then start including him otherwise get off his nuts because he shouldn't be anywhere in the same sentence as some of the guys in here. Noobs I tell yah

I think I'm gonna have to go with Jones. How many times did he take down Cormier? 4?

JBG forgive me, but the Fallen One's MMA wrestling is GOAT...a shame he had forsaken his gifts to serve the Anti-Bleed.

Lots in here are sleeping on Mighty Mouse. His double legs are clean as hell and he did it against guys in a higher weight class.

GSP still one the fight & that was after multiple acl surgery he had... No dought in my mind that Prime GSP dominates Hendricks

You asked who the best MMA wrestler is, when someone suggests Hendricks outwrestled your pick you get all defensive?

No-one mentioned that GSP didn't beat Hendricks.

Back