Best P4P MMA Wrestler Of All Time

Bmartin89

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I will have to give it to GSP, George dominated wrestlers & he never even came up in wrestling. He Dominated Matt Hughes, Jake Shields, Josh Koscheck, Jon Fitch, Sean Sherk, All fighter who have solid wrestling credentials & made them all look average.

GSP P4P best MMA wrestler of All Time

GSP was the best MMA wrestler. He out wrestled some great wrestlers and made it look easy.

Hendrix gave GSP fits in the wrestling department.

I think he threw his whole game off. Once Hendricks started countering his Jab, GSP had no plan B. He still gritted out the W so props to him. You have to consider that post acl GSP didn't blast into double legs but relied heavily on timing his take downs.

This is a bit of a NC, who would even be second?

GSP was the best MMA wrestler. He out wrestled some great wrestlers and made it look easy.

This
Gsp is best,no doubt about it. Hard to belive he had no wrestling background

Prime GSP without a doubt But jones does have great wrestling too

I will have to give it to GSP, George dominated wrestlers & he never even came up in wrestling. He Dominated Matt Hughes, Jake Shields, Josh Koscheck, Jon Fitch, Sean Sherk, All fighter who have solid wrestling credentials & made them all look average.

GSP P4P best MMA wrestler of All Time

Jon Jones outwrestled an Olympic wrestler last weekend. a man who picked up Josh Barnett and dumped him on his head.

I think if he was the same size as (any) GSP he would outwrestle him too.

My vote goes to Jon Jones

NOBODY can mix their striking with their TDs like GSP could. With that being said, Jones.

i wouldnt say JBJ dominated Cormier....he took him down twice but couldnt hold him down. clinchwork was most ofthe time just holidng. so i wouldnt say he dominates people in wrestling like GSP does.

GSP was a really good wrestler. but IMO Phil Davis has the best p4p wrestling, not to mention very good submission skills which GSP doesnt exactly do. Davis' wrestling is at like 15/10....although his striking is probably 3/10 lol

GSP. Not just going by competition, he had the best stats.

Leading all time in the UFC for TD's landed, top 3 in TDD and best TD accuracy.

GSP. Not just going by competition, he had the best stats.

Leading all time in the UFC for TD's landed, top 3 in TDD and best TD accuracy.

Hands down GSP and no one really comes close at the moment. Like you mention, take a look at the stats and span of time at that level of wrestling.

Hard to disagree against GSP, just look at all the credentials of his opponents in the wrestling dept and he dominated them like jobbers

That guy from Pride who doesn't fight anymore but won several ADCCs..... Arona

i) GSP
ii) Mark Coleman (never, ever was on his back, until his Shogun fight when he was 45 with the hips of a 90 year old)
iii) Jon Jones

Back