best muay thai fighters in each division?

His kicks can be very unorthodox.

He throws a lot of low-high, fake fronts to high rounds, and such that you usually see in TKD and TSD.

Though, most of his game is indeed solid Thai Boxing.

Yes of course, all of your MT guys compliment their game with other strikes. Anderson Silva's power punches via boxing anyone? Edson Barbosas wheel kick ko=epic TKD.

Good list, but Carlos Condit as the best mt fighter in the WW was laughable.

Barao
Aldo
Pettis
Alves
Anderson
Shogun
Reem

op pettis is a tkd fighter not a MT fighter. His striking is a hybrid style, he is NOT a MT fighter. You guys allthink that anybody with good stand up is a mt fighter I guess. As for WW, alves has beautiful leg kicks but he never uses any other aspect of the discipline than that. I would have to say that before he retired Duane Ludwig had beautiful technique. I think Amir has better technique than thiago alves.

I fully support this post. I am the biggest Shogun fan, but he hasn't been using his muay thai since the 3rd knee surgery (injury while defending Machida's takedown in their second fight)

A huge Condit fan, but Alves has the better muay thai in my opinion. Condit's striking is more like kickboxing.

alves has awesome technique and he throws vicious kicks. he is easily better than condit at muay thai. i think he would beat him on the feet in a fight too.

op pettis is a tkd fighter not a MT fighter. His striking is a hybrid style, he is NOT a MT fighter. You guys allthink that anybody with good stand up is a mt fighter I guess. As for WW, alves has beautiful leg kicks but he never uses any other aspect of the discipline than that. I would have to say that before he retired Duane Ludwig had beautiful technique. I think Amir has better technique than thiago alves.

Pettis has Tae Kwon Do moves but he's predominantly a muay thai guy. Anderson Silva also has a Tae Kwon Do BB doesn't mean hes a TKD fighter by any means... Reference my list earlier and understand the differences in stances/approaches to validate this response. As for Amir, and Ludwig; I love em both...cheers.

Good list, but Carlos Condit as the best mt fighter in the WW was laughable.

Some ppl just dislike Condit, I don't get it lol. Personally I am a big fan of his agility and savagery. I'm just curious, why don't you think so? Thanks

I know I'll get flamed for it, but Brandon Vera at 205

Not sure if anyone has said but also at lightweight i'd have to say Anthony Njokuani is right up there, his stance and style of stand up is very traditional muay thai and i always love watching his fights because of it.

Based on technique:

HW: Overeem > Del Rosario
LHW: Diabate > Vera
MW: A. Silva > Belcher
WW: Alves > Condit
LW: Njokuami > Barbosa/Cerrone
FW: Aldo > Roop
BW: Barao

BANG!! Awesome list

Agreed with TS on all of the choices except WW. Alves or Ludwig has the best Muay Thai in WW division. For LW, I would go with Cerrone.

No particular order;

Heavyweight: Fabricio Werdum, Alisdair Overeem
Light Heavyweight: Brandon Vera, Shogun, Cyrille Diabate, Thiago Silva
Middleweight: Anderson Silva, Alan Belcher, Brad Tavares (nice style of striking)
Welterweight: Amir Sadollah, Carlos Condit, Duane Ludwig, Siyar Bahadurzada, Thiago Alves
Lightweight: Anthony Njokuani, Donald Cerrone, Edson Barboza, Tim Means
Featherweight: Jose Aldo, Diego Nunes, Dustin Poirier, Felipe Arantes, Max Holloway, Pablo Garza
Bantamweight: Dustin Pague, Johnny Eduardo, Renan Barao, Takeya Mizugaki
Flyweight: Chris Cariaso, John Lineker

Nate Diaz out-striked him using only his boxing. Barboza has much better muay thai than Cerrone.

So what I bet Diaz would do the same to barboza. Just cause he got outboxed by Diaz don't mean he has better Muay thai the people on here amaze me lol

Back