best grappler youve ever trained with

thought terra left cesars around 2012 2013 he was a top guy still when eh was with cesar i forgot exactly why they fell out but i rememebr he use to help coach diaz bros

He showed up in Condit's corder vs Nick.

Apparently that was that

Best was Dave Schultz. I was in my 2nd year of wrestling and my coach brought him in as a clinician. I couldnt pay for the clinic so my coach made me set the gym up and mop the mats. Well, Dave came in and just grabbed me and started wrestling with me. Didnt really say anything either. I was so new, I didnt even really know who he was other than my coach said he was an Olympic champ. He used me for the clinic demo too.

I tech falled Teyon Ware who was a 2x NCAA champ and 3x finalist. He was probably the best folkstyler I wrestled against. the FS guys were forced to go to GR practices so I got to wrestle against guys like Burroughs, Colon, Herbert, Zadick, etc. Luckily we didnt have to wrestle them in FS.

I hated wrestling Joe Warren the most when he was a world champ just because his cardio in matches longer than 20 minutes would really chew me up. 2 hour matches with him were probably the worst fun I had in wrestling. He would always boost me up after and tell me I did good
How old are you? Just curious.

Trained a lot with Tex. Rough sessions.

I've said this before, but Cyborg at his gym.

Guy is enormous but super fast. He would get in top of you, let you try to escape, then surf you for the next two minutes, right as you are about to escape. One time I actually mount escaped him (because he was trying to wait until the last minute). He said "nice job". Then he passed me and surfed me some more.

I think Hillary has reported the same experience.

Then he let me try to triangle him. Which was basically impossible even squeezing as hard as I could, the sideways angle, stomp and curl, all that.

Was a great guy, awesome gym, super welcoming.

I've said this before, but Cyborg at his gym.

Guy is enormous but super fast. He would get in top of you, let you try to escape, then surf you for the next two minutes, right as you are about to escape. One time I actually mount escaped him (because he was trying to wait until the last minute). He said "nice job". Then he passed me and surfed me some more.

I think Hillary has reported the same experience.

Then he let me try to triangle him. Which was basically impossible even squeezing as hard as I could, the sideways angle, stomp and curl, all that.

Was a great guy, awesome gym, super welcoming.

I've never heard anything but the best stuff about him. It made his antics with Gordon really hard to watch because he's never been someone that you think of as having an ego problem. It gets the best of us sometimes.

The first big name I rolled with was Clark Gracie. It was a seminar and he was letting all the girls and kids tap him.
I was a pretty skinny 16? year old and was afraid that he would do the same to me, but he tapped me.

I did a private with Braulio and got to roll with him at the end of it.

I've also rolled with Charles Negromonte, Jonas Andrade, Tomoyuki Hashimoto, and Johnif Rocha.

I've been to two different Mendes seminars, but didn't get to roll with Gui or Rafa.
I did get my butt kicked by Tainan Dalpra though.
Went to the Lachlan Giles seminar in London but didn't get to roll.

Never got to roll with Roger.

If I'd been a bit more assertive about asking to roll, I probably would have been able to roll with Lach and Rafa.

Last edited:
BJ Penn and JD Penn. I used to hear Rogan talking about how flexible BJ legs where, and thought, pfft I can get my legs behind my head too. But he can do shit with his legs that is just weird. Like, he can get his legs in those extreme positions and still have great control and strength from there. And his head. He uses his head more than anyone else I have rolled with. Really changed my game. He does basic stuff, but as good as everyone says he is.

JD Penn. Will roll with everyone the same. World champion? Fresh blue belt? Your gaurd is getting passed and your getting shoved into side control and you aren't moving until the timer goes off or you tap out. I haven't seen him roll with BJ but based on what I have felt I think he would dominate the roll.

BJ Penn and JD Penn. I used to hear Rogan talking about how flexible BJ legs where, and thought, pfft I can get my legs behind my head too. But he can do shit with his legs that is just weird. Like, he can get his legs in those extreme positions and still have great control and strength from there. And his head. He uses his head more than anyone else I have rolled with. Really changed my game. He does basic stuff, but as good as everyone says he is.

JD Penn. Will roll with everyone the same. World champion? Fresh blue belt? Your gaurd is getting passed and your getting shoved into side control and you aren't moving until the timer goes off or you tap out. I haven't seen him roll with BJ but based on what I have felt I think he would dominate the roll.
1) that's friggin awesome
2) I'm pretty sure that b.j. has stated that both of his brothers are actually technically better than him.

Back