best grappler youve ever trained with

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by tekkenfan, Jan 9, 2020.

1. tekkenfan Banned Banned

hardest roll i should say that you ever went against

2. Admles Blue Belt

Rafa Mendes at a seminar a few years ago. I was a two stripe white belt.

I totally tapped him... I tapped his arms, his legs, his torso.

3. Cole train Silver Belt

4. mattemate Brown Belt

For brute athleticism, Kamal.

@tekkenfan you and I both trained with Daniel Moraes. Pretty hard to top.

My coach now is definitely a beast.

@lach just had a seminar here in Austin and sadly I missed that but a couple of my friends rolled with him

And I've never trained with them but a lot of my friends train at humaita here in Austin where Tim Kennedy trains. I'd love to get to work with him sometime.

Oh shit almost forgot I did a seminar with Schembri once. Other guys there were Daniel Gracie and Ryan Gracie. I was a white belt so everything purple belt and above felt pretty much the same to me at that time lol

5. tekkenfan Banned Banned

kamal is tough as nails but he use tog et subbed by lots of the purple belts in the gym granted at the time i was there relson rgacie austin was in the top 3 best bjj gyms in texas basically had tons of talent

the best guy i trained with there was tim kenneddy tbh not in terms of technique but my god he was such a beast so fucking strong and at that time 20102011 i was a purple belt 19 years old and trained with a bunch of ufc fighters who were considered great bjj guys in mma and tim would have ran through them like nothing still to this day dont think iv ever trained with someone as strong as him who can control you at will.

it looks like an adult playing with children lol this was during his prime too when eh was fighting luke rockhold jacare ect in strikeforce right before his ufc debut u need to go train with tim hes more technical now since he started training in gi back then he wasnt even ranked in bjj lol .

basically was a no gi guy but still smashed browns in the gi like they were nothing its a very strange roll tbh he likes tog et to half guard bottom and bully a kimura and roll you over like you are nothing ol never let him control your wrist or your gonna go flying XD

6. tekkenfan Banned Banned

i wish i could say this maia might be my favorite bjj guy of all time given how hes able to do it in mma and bjj at that level very very deep fundamentals doesnt have to try to develop funky new guards to stay relivent uses techniques u know what they are but very technical details into making them work

what rankw ere you when you rolled with him?

7. Daz2300 Orange Belt

Robson Moura and Lucas Lepri are the two that stand out for how good they were toying with me with about .001% of their ability while being my size or smaller once i was experienced enough to have some clue what was going on.

8. Dirty Holt Black Belt Professional Fighter

Buchecha

9. EGDM Green Belt

Lepri and Cobrinha.

10. tekkenfan Banned Banned

how was that gi no gi?

11. tekkenfan Banned Banned

man i live 30 mins from lepri atm for last year ad still havent went tot rain with him yet i need to soon big fan of his knee cut passing wana steal that info from him

12. Solidus Snake Purple Belt

Caio.. had the luck to roll with him a lot of years ago at a seminar. Guy was on another level.

13. INTERL0PER Brown Belt

No one famous, but my coach is a fourth degree BB and when I roll with him I legitimately feel like I don't know ANY jiu jitsu.

Oh, and I rolled with Izzy once, but he's hardly a great grappler really.

14. Lubaolong A natural consequence of gamma radiation

Rickson by armbar.

15. Lubaolong A natural consequence of gamma radiation

Caio used to teach at Cesar Gracie's school back in the late 2000's back before he won anything or anyone had heard of him. He was obviously good, but I thought he was kind of a dick. I was kind of happy when I heard that Cesar fired him.

16. Daz2300 Orange Belt

Get your arse over to his place! so!! ;-)

I was a purple belt back then and although he was just playing about his passing was still ridiculous. He'd apply heavy pressure and the second you responded by framing or pushing back against him even slightly he'd just change angles and flow past your arm or leg. It was like he could magically switch between weighing a ton and being made of smoke in milliseconds.

17. Cole train Silver Belt

Dont know i was an mma guy whose main point was stand up and did only no gi and freestyle wrestling.

I could sprawl him(not every time of course) but on the floor it was helpless pretty much, got tapped 30 times in 5 minutes

18. tekkenfan Banned Banned

would be weird rolling with such a small guy though lol

19. tekkenfan Banned Banned

thats what i wana learn from him luckly he doesnt have but a few black belts atm so he might wana spend time with the higher belts there would love to pick his brain on his finer details on pressure passing no gi knee cut pass has always been my number 1 pass and he is the best at it

20. tekkenfan Banned Banned

thought terra left cesars around 2012 2013 he was a top guy still when eh was with cesar i forgot exactly why they fell out but i rememebr he use to help coach diaz bros