• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Best GnP ever: Jones, Cain, Khabib, Fedor?

I'm not confused at all. You are responding to everyone that is not hanging from Khabib's nuts like your life depends on it. Just relax, Khabib could be second to Jones, there is nothing wrong with being second.
Lol bro you're reaching so hard. I said on about 5 occasions that idc what order anyone puts them in. YOU are jumping in on all my posts crying about my personal opinion on khabib. You're definitely confused because I've been responding to people talking about Fedor, Jon, Cain, and Khabib. Seems like khabib just triggers you kiddo.

I love the GnP discussion so I've been replying. I think I made a thread like this a long time ago as a matter of fact.

Spend less time focusing on fighters you hate. You'll enjoy the sport more. Bye

Lol bro you're reaching so hard. I said on about 5 occasions that idc what order anyone puts them in. YOU are jumping in on all my posts crying about my personal opinion on khabib. You're definitely confused because I've been responding to people talking about Fedor, Jon, Cain, and Khabib. Seems like khabib just triggers you kiddo.

I love the GnP discussion so I've been replying. I think I made a thread like this a long time ago as a matter of fact.

Spend less time focusing on fighters you hate. You'll enjoy the sport more. Bye
Ok ok, dont get mad lmao

By all means, please let us know which supposed fight this was that beats Jones' performances.

We're all waiting.
Dude why are you so dramatic all the time?

Khabib consistently beat the fuck out of nearly all his opponents the same way. Doesn't matter what fight you pick, that's the entire point I'm making. No matter who it was, Khabib layer down big numbers at high accuracy and used to to amplify his game.

If you disagree then good for you. Idk why you're responding to everyone like you're offended. You like Jon, you should be happy to talk about him. Shit, I hate Jon and I'm enjoying talking about him more than you are.

GSP is a fair mention. I wouldn’t have him over Khabib, Hughes, Jon, Fedor, or Cain. But GnP was a big part of his game

I was joshing. He got a TD followed by a 25min nap. 0 killer instinct. Khamza has 0 head movement and basically a statue with leg but vicious gnp when not getting planked by lws or saved by corruption judges.

If GSP fought Khabib, it be the 1st ufc murder. Gsp waa athletic and talented but 0 heart. If utvaa s accurate portrayal in a video game he would be negative heart. Sera is 3 feet shorter and he 1 punched gsp who tapped to strikes.

Khabib has a perfect resume though I thought he lost to tibeau. The crying after the robbery was telling.

I never felt like that so I really can't relate. There are lots of guys like Cain and Rockhold and Jon who have just vicious GnP. They get on top of you and it's a wrap. Without a doubt some dudes have the power and I'll intent to make GnP look fucking horrendous.

However, I can't think of anyone with GnP like Khabib. That's the big difference for me personally. For 99% of fighters GnP is just about getting on top and going wild. To take the least technical part of the game and turn it into a complex weapon? The grappling fanatic in me loves that.

End of the day they're all great at it for different reasons.
Jeez, wonder who this fucking guys favorite fighter is :rolleyes:

lol at gsp being there cant finish fights
cain jones or khabib
gotta go with cain because hes my favorite

lol at gsp being there cant finish fights
cain jones or khabib
gotta go with cain because hes my favorite
Cain getting hurt is the biggest tragedy of the HW division. He was so good and sat out his entire prime.

As a huge Fedor fan, I'd have to say Khabib. Mostly because Khabib made is a vital part of his game and it essentially is what he is know for. However, my favorite GNP sequence was from Fedor vs Nog 1.

Jones, Coleman, Cain and hell, even Rockhold certainly have some brutal GNP too.

Yall just like to say shit that isn't true. 17/19 of Khabib's finishes were via gnp or explicitly set up by GnP which is definitely more than Jon. In the fights Jon displayed high volumes of GnP he actually didn't finish his opponents.

Jon has isolated instances of fucking brutal GnP but the amount he actually finished people with it isn't as high as yall are making it to me (I thought it was higher too before I checked)

Jon has the some of the most damaging instances of GnP tho. Not arguing that
In the UFC meaning not Dagestan’s Got Talent or wherever he amassed other wins he has 2 wins by gnp. Sorry if those truths hurt your feels

In the UFC meaning not Dagestan’s Got Talent or wherever he amassed other wins he has 2 wins by gnp. Sorry if those truths hurt your feels
Lol at calaiming hurt feelings when your pitching fits over people giving Khabib a compliment

As I keep saying, finishes are nice but it is a very surface level criteria. The finishes arent what make the GnP good. That goes for everyone mentioned in this thread. Fedor, Jon and Khabib all have unique approaches to GnP. Even when they don't finish it still leaves an impression

Edit: Dagestan’s Got Talent is funny tho

Luke Rockhold imo. He brutalized multiple BJJ blackbelts. I don't recall anyone ever having a good time with him on top. His problem was his wrestling wasn't good enough to consistently get the fight to the ground. A lot of the time he ended up on top because his opponent made a mistake.

Kinda sad considering he came from the best wrestling gym in the world

Coulda drilled more TDs and practiced better striking defense

But too many injuries at a young age stopped him from reaching his true potential

Only now at 38 did we see him make huge improvements in the costa fight, imagine if he made the commitment earlier

But like he said, now he's "too old for this shit"

Back