Best game you've paid full price for

Skyrim. Probably put 500 hours into it. It's my second favorite game behind Ocarina of Time which I originally played at a friend's house.

I can't get into skyrim.. I just get bored..I've never even hung long enough to kill a dragon even...

It's great..just seems to demand too much time and offer too little payoff for the time I invest early in the game...

The best game I ever paid full price for..hmmmmm... probably Last of Us.. or niller the second expansion wow... I spent a lot of time on that version of that game..

the best game I ever paid < 5 bucks for is easily Half Life 2..which is also the best game I ever spent any amount of money on

Battletoads/Double Dragon for NES.

Deus Ex

Can't remember if I paid full price for the genesis version of shadowrun

I bought the SNES version. It was awesome. Heard it was superior to the Genesis one. So I tried out the Genesis one. Yup they were right.

Spent over 100 bones on it though. Rare cartridge game. :cool:

Wow, I'm the first to mention FF7. That game was worth $500. I'll never forget, I caught a bad cold and knew I would be staying in for 3 days to rest. I wasn't that into RPGs at the time but had an rpg itch since I was a Dragon Warrior fan and haven't played a turn based rpg in years. I drove to the store and picked up FF7 not knowing anything about it and I had the most enjoyable sick days of my life.

That was the first MASSIVE game I ever played, bought and beat. It's the reason I bought a Playstation way back. I almost picked it as my choice, but I just got more mileage out of my other picks. YMMV.

Morrowind - Thats the only game I've ever bought where I would start playing and then realize I had been playing all night because the sun was coming up. Soooo many night like that because of Morrowind.

Several N64 titles, most notably Majora's Mask, Donkey Kong 64 and Diddy Kong Racing

Half-Life, Age of Empires II, Shogun: Total War, Battle Realms, Arkham City, Arkham Origins (yeah I enjoyed it, come at me), Portal 2, Total War: Shogun 2, Far Cry 4, Shadow of Mordor, South Park The Stick of Truth, Dying Light, GTA V, probably leaving a bunch out.

I'm tempted to say Watch Dogs, Arkham Knight and MK X as well, but they had poor PC ports.

I can't get into skyrim.. I just get bored..I've never even hung long enough to kill a dragon even...

It's great..just seems to demand too much time and offer too little payoff for the time I invest early in the game...

That's cool, it's not for everyone. I play games mostly to relax and lose myself for a while. Games like Skyrim are great for that.

I bought a PS1 for FFVII, was. . . 12 at the time. All my friends had an N64, but I saw all the cg commercials and was hooked. Saved up my allowance with my brother, I got FFVII he got C&C: Red Alert? II? Something like that.

Worth every penny.

World Of Warcraft is probably the only game I've paid full price for. Certainly the only game in the last decade.

I bought a PS1 for FFVII, was. . . 12 at the time. All my friends had an N64, but I saw all the cg commercials and was hooked. Saved up my allowance with my brother, I got FFVII he got C&C: Red Alert? II? Something like that.

Worth every penny.
Same here, I had just asked for a PS1 over N64 for my birthday and was regretting it because of Goldeneye.
That commercial actually spoiled Aeris's death.

KOTOR
The Warriors
DefJam: FFNY
GTA:SA
Metal Gear Solid for PS

Probably Grand Theft Auto 3. I had played a demo of the first one briefly on the PC (the bird's eye view version), but had no idea what I was in for for the Playstation 2 version, and it completely blew my mind. It was like twelve games in one. What an incredible game.

Fallout: New Vegas probably a close second, and GTA: Vice City/San Andreas third and fourth.

That's cool, it's not for everyone. I play games mostly to relax and lose myself for a while. Games like Skyrim are great for that.

Yeah, I don't know what it is.. Its a beautiful game.. and I know there are some epic experiences that Im not experiencing because I just cant bring myself to play it long enough..

Maybe a few years back I would have been all over it..I just don't have patience anymore..

I bought the SNES version. It was awesome. Heard it was superior to the Genesis one. So I tried out the Genesis one. Yup they were right.

Spent over 100 bones on it though. Rare cartridge game. :cool:

Shadowrun is one of the few games that I own that actually increased in value. The snes version is a top tier game, but the sega version has vibrant graphics and better music, imo.

Did you play all the way through, chummer? You have to play all the way through. And be the decker. The decker comes with a decent cyberdeck, which you are going to need to jack into cyberspace. That's where you will find the serious nuyen. Find stark....don't trust Jarl.....mako is a shark..

3d_box.jpg

Worth every cents of it ten folds.

Played over 7500Hours in the spawn of 2 years.

Back