Best game you've paid full price for

lakersfan45

That's sardo! No mr, accent on the do!
@Gold
Reaction score
The worse game thread was fun for me to read and brought back a lot of memories. So how about a positive best games thread

Mine would have to be halo and project Gotham racing. I was in high school and bought the original Xbox on release date after preordering a bundle including halo and project Gotham racing. At the time it was a ton of money for me (sophomore year), one of the first big purchases my parents didn't make for me, and I knew it was a big risk buying it on release date. I remember going to the store (either babbages or eb games) after school and nobody else was there to pick up the system. I immediately feared I would have buyers remorse. At the time all my friends in school mocked me and tried to convince me that GameCube would be the better system.

Came home and played a couple of hours of halo and pgr and not only were my fears alleviated, I realized this was going to be one of the best purchases I will ever make.

The best I bought at release was Morrowind, and it's not even close. Fifteen years later, it's still the best game I've played.

At the time all my friends in school mocked me and tried to convince me that GameCube would be the better system.

LOL, I passed on the X-box for the Cube. I think the carry handle sold me. Looking back, I think every dollar I spent on the Gamecube was a dollar wasted. Excepting Animal Crossing, which was teh ownage.

If it's part of a bundle then it isn't really paying for the full price of the games right?

I'd say ME2 for me. Played that shit for hundreds of hours with back to back to back playthroughs and is amongst my favorite games of all time

Everquest, no question. It brought me years of entertainment and sold my account for 450$ when I quit.

That's a tough one. Maybe this:

RedDeadRedemptionGameplay.jpg

i could probably name a dozen differnet games like most people. If I had to pick one game where i was completely happy it would be the orginal halo. It introduced me to mulitplayer which i had a blast doing and was just a fun game all around. I had no intention of buying the xbox originally, but after playing halo at a friends house i knew i was missing out.

Sorta torn between Half-Life 2 and Baldurs Gate.

Fallout 3 for sure.

If it's part of a bundle then it isn't really paying for the full price of the games right?

I'd say ME2 for me. Played that shit for hundreds of hours with back to back to back playthroughs and is amongst my favorite games of all time

Agreed. ME2 was amazing.

The Last of Us

Fallout New Vegas

If I paid full price for South Park I would put it up there

Oblivion for me. It was my first elder scrolls that i bought, (i played morrowind before though but didnt own it), but oblivion just gave me the fantasy feelz and i can still play it and not be bored of it.

I usually don't pay full price for games, I always expect them to come at 20$, get them used and the most common is getting them in a crazy offer. I think the game I paid full price I enjoyed more probably was DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 and that was in 2006, the other game I recall paying full price was Project Diva F in 2013.

Not sure if bundle counts but I paid full price for the 3DS A link Between worlds bundle system and boy that game was a total masterpiece

Not even remotely a question, Super Metroid.

Probably Diablo II, I got it with the Expansion but the combo together gave me a massive amount of good gaming hours met some cool people and was my first major foray into online gaming.

For a console purchase probably Fallout 3 collectors edition. The bonus Lunch Box, Bobblehead and artbook were a huge bargain too for only $20 extra bucks. Plus, the game itself gave me hundreds of hours of gameplay.

Civ 4 gave me more playtime than any other game. "Just One More Turn", so by that standard it my fav.

Back