Best display of technical boxing in mma

RoyJonesJr

Carti Season
@red
Reaction score
Jose_Aldo_vs._Mark_Hominick_8.gif

Qn0LMOl.gif

Where's that brawldonado sweet science gif lol

Gus/Jones was some of the best MMA striking that I've ever seen.

I wouldn't consider it to be great technical boxing though, both fighters used all the space available to them in the octagon and used all 8 points of contact in their strikes, both of which are impossible in boxing.

Silva vs Forest
Silva vs Okami
Aldo vs Florian and Aldo vs Hominick
JDS vs Nelson

Aldo easly his boxing is hands down the best and most skilled in all of mma.

Jones is far from it his hands are actually kinda goofy when boxing its his elbows and knees that help him more.

Aldo best boxing in mma no doubt.

KJ Noons is my favorite boxer in MMA, very technical and nice. Maldonado is second, sick body work.

Difficult question. There are a lot of different fighters who have showcased good boxing skills. Aldo is certainly one of them. Alvarez has some skills which are very admirable, and some which aren't quite on that admirable level (though, he has moved to sort out some of his flaws). I have liked what Cain and Cormier have done at times. Their boxing coach has educated them on the fundamentals. Both possess a trustworthy jab (to the point where they both outjab essentially anyone they fight), and they both move their head on a basic level. Neither wholly neglect body punching, either. That's a few, anyway. There are more, of course.

Not enough gifs; fuck this thread.

Back