Best country artist I heard in a long time.

Streeter

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I'm not big on country but Tyler Childers is actually really good...... kind of outlaw country n not really mainstream.. if u get a chance look him up on YouTube white house road an honky tonk flame are some good ones.

Last edited:
Well shoot dang... great suggestion. Those two songs are really good and his voice is amazing. I'll be buying his album. My boy Sturg and this guy keeping the flame burning...

Well shoot dang... great suggestion. Those two songs are really good and his voice is amazing. I'll be buying his album. My boy Sturg and this guy keeping the flame burning...
Found his music on accident ...... I was at Lollapalooza this summer in Chicago reminded me of old school Hank jr a little but a better sound.

I'm not big on country but Tyler Childers is actually really good...... kind of outlaw country n not really mainstream.. if u get a chance look him up on YouTube white house road an honky tonk flame are some good ones.

I just checked him out. His voice reminds me of Dustin Kensrue.

I looked him up and he sounds great.

I think what turns me off country is the hokeyness of it. It sounds fake as shit.

I don't get that from this guy. He's raw and authentic.

I think what turns me off country is the hokeyness of it. It sounds fake as shit.

I get that with country music too, modern stuff especially really.

The vast majority of "country" music the last 10-20 years IS fake as shit. But to be fair, it's not the singers to blame, it's the record industry.

I recently got into him too. Whitehouse rd is sick!

too mainstream for me.

There is a great underground movement in country music going on right now. Has been for the last several years. Bands outside the Nashville machine. Check out Whitey Morgan and the 78's. Sarah Shook and the Disarmers. Calamity Cubes. Real road dogs. I've been lucky enough to see all three of them in the last couple of years. I'll be surprised if they last another 3.

I know Jayke. I've literally given cash to bail him out.

4fjmsak.jpg

Nights in jail with black eyes and busted teeth, cold steel bars and flip flops and a cot where I can sleep. No more cigarettes no one to curl up with, muttering suicidal thoughts underneath my breath..

There is a great underground movement in country music going on right now. Has been for the last several years. Bands outside the Nashville machine. Check out Whitey Morgan and the 78's. Sarah Shook and the Disarmers. Calamity Cubes. Real road dogs. I've been lucky enough to see all three of them in the last couple of years. I'll be surprised if they last another 3.
This isn't something new the last few years. You're just now learning about it because the internet makes things accessible to people everywhere, where as in the past you'd have to be local.

Back