Would you buy a chinese electric car?

How come? Just curious.
Charging places aren't easy to find and here in California there's always lines. The Tesla charging place near where I live is constantly plundered by homeless people. They break open the charging stations and take the metal & wires. Also, I was watching a video where a guy was showing his miles to next charge were going down every time he'd charge his phone or use the AC or heater. There's no way I'd buy an electric vehicle. My co-worker at Tesla had one and I'd ride in it to lunch, it was smooth and I liked the ride but I still didn't want one.

I think it depends on the price. The issue with Chinese electronics is that they have poor regulations and they export the cheap crap that they cannot sell domestically. The poor regulations also leads to a lot of cutting corners especially when it comes to batteries.

It would be nice to own something like Kei car though. Just for local driving and stuff with chores. If the Chinese can produce something affordable with that same quality then it might be worth the purchase.

Nothing beats kei car for city driving. My buddy bought a kei van to carry band equipment and pa system. 600cc. LOL!

Not now. China’s reputation as a manufacturer seems to be making things super cheap and not reliable.
But that was always the run on Korean cars decades ago. But now look at Hyundai. They make great cars these days. So maybe I’m the future.

apparently, they're very good and are starting to be exported out to the west and are much cheaper than Tesla cars

I found out recently that 9 out of 10 electric cars driven in China are made there. And all the scooters and motorcycles in Beijing are electric, making the city very quiet. They also have more electric cars driven on the road than every other country combined and this is only after a few years. It really cleaned up the smog in the city

Stark contrast to the hazy city during the olympics not that long ago where they had to have giant screens put up showing what the sunset looks like

They couldn't even put the steering wheel on the correct side. Hard pass!

Not now. China’s reputation as a manufacturer seems to be making things super cheap and not reliable.
But that was always the run on Korean cars decades ago. But now look at Hyundai. They make great cars these days. So maybe I’m the future.
Doesnt seem to be the case so much anymore, higher end EV's in the UK from MG and Lotus are actually made in China.

Doesnt seem to be the case so much anymore, higher end EV's in the UK from MG and Lotus are actually made in China.
Really? I did not know that. Shit, then I guess I’d buy one once there was enough charging stations built all around.

But my dream car is the Lexus IS500 F sport edition. That will never happen though. That shit is $100k.

Really? I did not know that. Shit, then I guess I’d buy one once there was enough charging stations built all around.

But my dream car is the Lexus IS500 F sport edition. That will never happen though. That shit is $100k.
Chinese companies have been buying up such UK brand for a few years.

Honestly looks quite a bit nicer than high end Telsa's to me.

I trust in Chinese making good electronics much more than in Chinese making a good internal combustion engine.

lol that's not that much of a praise.

imagine the god damn wiring in the thing.

I trust in Chinese making good electronics much more than in Chinese making a good internal combustion engine.

This.

The Chinese produce only the cheap petrol cars because the premium market is occupied by German/British/Japanese brands, all the rich Chinese refuse to buy Chinese. Chinese carmakers and the CCP know this that's why they pumped in tons of money into developing electric cars and they're currently far ahead of most competitors except Tesla. Many rich Chinese are converting from German petrol cars to China-made electric cars. This is their opportunity to dip their dicks into the international premium car market and I'm certain they'll beef up their quality to try and achieve this.

everything china makes sucks ass. their products break inexplicably and are hard/impossible to repair

Apparently there are video compilations of Chinese EVs randomly catching on fire.

So that’d be a No.

I'd prefer not to. I've soured on China.

Most EVs parts and materials come from China though. That is a complaint I've often seen, with Biden's work to ruin America's energy companies, he wants to turn America's energy and vehicle production over to China.

Biden Keeps Shutting Down Lithium Mining Making Us Dependent on China​

10% for the big guy.​

Back