• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Best Christopher Nolan Film?

Best Christopher Nolan Movie?

• Total voters

Takes Two To Tango

The one who doesn't fall, doesn't stand up.
Platinum Member
Reaction score
His filmography is not the most prolific. But he makes up for it, by the quality of his movies.

5. Batman Begins
4. Inception
3. Prestige
2. Dark knight rises
1. Dark knight

Memento then Batman 1 & 2 and then The Prestige

I'm tempted to say Memento, that's the one I think of most fondly, but I haven't seen it in a very long time. I wonder how well it holds up. The other possibility for me is Inception, which I've rewatched a few times, & love. Even though it has some clunky moments - Nolan is horrible when he tries to be the action director he thinks he is - I still love the rest of it, his dark romantic moodiness is my shit. I'd put Insomnia at #3 for that reason. The worst thing he's done is those shitty Batmen, just a total waste of time. Interstellar & The Prestige I enjoyed to varying degrees, though find them both a bit overrated. Dunkirk is a pile of shit, and I haven't seen The Following.

I really like inception. I cant describe it. The premise is really difficult to pull off, but I feel it was done perfectly. I just wish there was no cliff hanger. The way they cut back and forth from each dream sequence, and run down the clock is brilliant. The way the dreamscape is presented is great too. I thought I hate Joseph Gordon Levitt, but he and everyone does a great job.

He tried to do the same SFX in interstellar, but it did not pan out. Then someone copied him for Doctor Strange.

More and more I'm leaning toward The Prestige. It's one of those films where I can watch it over and over and gain even more appreciation for it than I had on the previous viewings. That said, The Dark Knight is way up there and was generally my go to when this question was asked. But he's made so many quality films, it's tough to really pick the best.

Inception is definitely right up there too.

I really like inception. I cant describe it. The premise is really difficult to pull off, but I feel it was done perfectly. I just wish there was no cliff hanger. The way they cut back and forth from each dream sequence, and run down the clock is brilliant. The way the dreamscape is presented is great too. I thought I hate Joseph Gordon Levitt, but he and everyone does a great job.

He tried to do the same SFX in interstellar, but it did not pan out. Then someone copied him for Doctor Strange.

JGL also has one of the coolest scenes in that movie- the fight sequence that occurs on the second level of the dream while the chemist is flipped over in the van he is driving them all in on the first level. Epic shit. Plus brilliant with Zimmer slowing down the Pilaf song to make the main theme of the movie.

Great film top to bottom. Awesome cast and intriguing premise. The visuals, as you said, were tremendous.

dunkirk sucked. i watched it for the first time on the weekend and was so let down, maybe i just listened to the hype and had such high expectations from it and wanted something along the lines of hack saw ridge caliber.

tie between batman begins and the dark knight.

i watched batman begins again last night, and now i think it might be the best batman movie by nolan. but the dark knight is something special which i liked more for a long time.

1. Interstellar
2. Batman Begins
3. Prestige

Inception & Dark Knight are pretentious and horribly overrated.

The Prestige is a classic.

Interstellar = donkey balls.

Oh and
giphy.gif

People knock interstellar for plot points and such but prestige wasn't much better on that front.

Oh bullshit. Prestige had a solid plot, some people might just've misunderstood some scenes in that movie and that made it confusing to them.

"Muuuuuuuurrrrpppphhh!!!!!"

The Dark Knight, and it's not close. Direction, production, and acting - all are head and shoulders above the rest.

1. The Dark Knight
2. Memento
3. The Prestige
4. Batman Begins
5. Insomnia
6. Dunkirk

The prestige for sure. Blew me away the first time i saw it, and i can rewatch it every couple years and enjoy it every time.

Insertion would probably be my second choice

Back