Best bud might be losing his mind.

Homie just said she took him to get the ring. Imo that's never a good sign.

I'm bipolar and I have these fits of reckless spending too. I don't end up buying cars, houses and wives and shit but maybe just because I'm too poor. Last time I ended up buying a new lawnmower even though my old lawnmower was fine. It was crazy

It's pretty rare I have those manic episodes though, I mostly spend time in depressive episodes. That's when I reflect on my dumb spending and give myself shit for it.

I'm bipolar and I have these fits of reckless spending too. I don't end up buying cars, houses and wives and shit but maybe just because I'm too poor. Last time I ended up buying a new lawnmower even though my old lawnmower was fine. It was crazy

It's pretty rare I have those manic episodes though, I mostly spend time in depressive episodes. That's when I reflect on my dumb spending and give myself shit for it.
hookers and cocaine solves every ailment bro...

A couple of people have suggested this but maybe you could talk to his family and ask whether this impulsiveness is normal.

After that, just a calm talk, and a few carefully-worded suggestions. It's out of your hands beyond that.

If he marries this chick off Tinder you will never see him again anyway, he'll be all hers.

State your mind to him hard and direct.

Did he recently eat vegetables contaminated with slug slime rat lungworm parasite that eats your brain? I recently saw an article about some young guy in China who ate raw centipede and ended up with rat lungworm in the brain.

Did he recently eat vegetables contaminated with slug slime rat lungworm parasite that eats your brain? I recently saw an article about some young guy in China who ate raw centipede and ended up with rat lungworm in the brain.

{<doc}

Since we're getting little OT, did you ever see the dude who ate the shrimp and got all those worms in his body?

My best friend's dad tried killing himself about two years ago due to his mental illness going unchecked. (He's Bipolar.) Now males generally don't start showing signs of this until they're around 23-25 years old. Well he just turned 25.

Anyhoo, I recently bought a piece of property and about a two months later, he decided to buy his own house. It was very impulsive because he didn't even go through our mutual friend who is a real estate agent. He looked at a total of four houses and just made his decision. No big deal, I didn't think anything of it. I congratulated him and let him know that it was super awesome. I didn't think this was impulsive until you factor in a few more things that happened here recently.

Homie decided to purchase a 2004 Mustang Cobra. That's badass. It needs a lot of work done to it but nothing too serious. This didn't worry me at all but he sent me a text out of the blue a couple nights ago that made me literally say "What the fuck!?"

I just found out that I'm going to be the best man at his wedding. He's getting married to a chick he met off of tinder a month ago. The shit is fucking crazy. He said he started dating her because her profile said Christian. I then ask him whens the big date and he tells me November 10th of this year.... I'm at a loss for words and he's talking about putting her name on the house too...

Now I'm torn. I want to be happy for him but this is just way too wild and I don't believe in coincidences. I'm starting to think he's having an extreme high manic episode. We're going to grab some beer over the weekend and I don't know if I should voice my concern. I don't wanna step on his toes and I feel like I can't be the only one who is seeing this as extreme.

What do you guys think? I've been getting a lot of people's opinions on this because like I said I don't wanna step on his toes but I don't wanna call him crazy.

Cliffs:
-Best friend's dad is bipolar and tried committing suicide two years ago.

-My friend is now at the age where Bipolar starts to show.

-Bought a piece of property a couple month after me

-Bought a 2004 Cobra right after purchasing the house

-Got engaged to a girl he met off a Tinder a month ago and has only lived with her for 6 days.

-Going to meet with him over the weekend and I'm wondering if I should voice my concern because this is way too extreme when you put everything together.I think he's having a manic episode.

<escalate99>
That sucks man. A good friend of mine is bipolar and it's hard to deal with. He's lucky to have a friend looking out.

I'm no expert on manic depression. What I do know is they go through periods of extreme highs and lows. Now you said the wedding isn't until November so there's time for him to snap out of it so to speak. The main thing is if you do bring it up just make sure you say it in a way that doesn't suggest you think there's anything mentally wrong with him.
I completely disagree. I think addressing the mental illness issue tactfully is absolutely essential.

{<doc}

Since we're getting little OT, did you ever see the dude who ate the shrimp and got all those worms in his body?

WTF? Now I'm glad I'm allergic to them and can only eat them when they're completely cooked.

Anyway, to be on topic, I had friends who seemed to be a on spiral of self-destruction and I wanted to advise them. But I realized a couple things: What the fuck do I know? I don't know the answer to the universe and I can't say that the way I live my life is the guarantee to a happy, fulfilling life. Who knows, the behaviors others deem as "self-destructive" may give them purpose.
Also, you can't help someone who is unwilling to help himself. No matter how much good advice you give someone, they have to be willing to listen.

You know why I find this post funny? A few years ago he was talking to this sloot and I couldn't shake this vibe that she was fake as fuck. So we were all suppose to meet at this club but she said she was stuck with a friend and couldn't attend. He originally didn't wanna go downtown and got pissed when I kept suggesting that she was there. Finally we went and sure enough right there on the dance floor she was twerking on some other dude.

I'd like to think that he'll remember this when I bring up my concerns.

It seems like you should let him talk first, ask sly questions to get him to explain himself without feeling defensive, so fake a little enthusiasm.
Meet his new lady friend, see what she's about.
Then you can reevaluate your concerns, and then go to him if you still think it's necessary. If you do confront him, open with the story about the girl twerking..
It's a lot more work than just confronting him but if he's a good friend....

The other stuff is fine, but marrying a girl that fast is pure retardation and you would be a bad friend to not tell him

The other stuff is fine, but marrying a girl that fast is pure retardation and you would be a bad friend to not tell him

If you married a girl that fast you wouldn't be homeless anymore.

Back