Best Boxers by decade 1940-now

Boxing writers association of America already named the PAC man as the fighter of be decade of the 2000's. His list is the best, even better than May's. 2010 and up has been Money though.

I don't imagine anyone will best Floyd in the 10's either.

Boxing writers association of America already named the PAC man as the fighter of be decade of the 2000's. His list is the best, even better than May's. 2010 and up has been Money though.

If that list was made in any other year besides 2010, the height of the PAC hysteria, it would have gone to Floyd. If they waited til now, it would have gone to Floyd. If, for some reason, they made it in 2007, it probably would have hone to Floyd. It certainly wouldn't have gone to Pacquiao. They made the list in one of three years of Pacmania. I mean he wasn't even a candidate for 7/10 years of the decade.

If that list was made in any other year besides 2010, the height of the PAC hysteria, it would have gone to Floyd. If they waited til now, it would have gone to Floyd. If, for some reason, they made it in 2007, it probably would have hone to Floyd. It certainly wouldn't have gone to Pacquiao. They made the list in one of three years of Pacmania. I mean he wasn't even a candidate for 7/10 years of the decade.

Lol you salty bro. Don't be mad, facts are facts.

Leonard had great wins but I wouldn't call him the best of the 80's, a few of those wins were suspect

Tyson was the man of the 80's (lost to Buster in 1990)

40's - Sugar Ray Robinson
50's - Sugar Ray Robinson
60's - Muhammad Ali
70's - Roberto Duran (almost gave this to ali aswell)
80's - Sugar Ray Leonard
90's - Roy Jones JR.
00's - Floyd Mayweather
10's - Floyd Mayweather

Thats my list. Just like to open it up for debate. Who do you think was the best boxer for each decade (I started at the 40's cause thats about where my boxing knowledge ends).

Fixed

Lol you salty bro. Don't be mad, facts are facts.

Yes, all those facts I presented are facts. You're the biggest Pacquiao dickrider around. Of course you take an opinion thread like this and inject pointless PAC worship. Who gives a shit about what the boxing writers association voted? You don't unless its PAC related. I guarantee you can't name another boxer of the decade off the top of your head.

40's - Joe Louis/ Willie Pep
60's - Muhammad Ali
70's - Carlos Monzon/ Roberto Duran
80's - Marvin Hagler
90's - Roy Jones JR./ Oscar de la Hoya
00's - Floyd Mayweather

I like this list

40's - Sugar Ray Robinson
60's - Muhammad Ali
70's - Roberto Duran (almost gave this to ali aswell)
80's - Sugar Ray Leonard
90's - Roy Jones JR.
00's - Floyd Mayweather

Thats my list. Just like to open it up for debate. Who do you think was the best boxer for each decade (I started at the 40's cause thats about where my boxing knowledge ends).

agree with list.

prety much agree altho i'd give the 00s outright 2 Floyd unless Pac can move up 2 lightweight and win a World title or beat Marquez convinsingly.

I'd say that the 2000s belong to pac. Note that we are talking only between 2000-2009 here. This means that we are comparing pacs run from arnel barotillo to miguel cotto and mayweathers run between gregorio vargas and juan Manuel marquez.

Were currently in Floyd mania and pac lost his last two fights, objectively speaking both have a lot of hype around them both now and back then. It's easy to pick apart records behind the safety of.recent performances.

The fighter of this decade will probably be ward by the way

It's best to stay out of these arguments. Too many people slinging abuse at each other.

It's best to stay out of these arguments. Too many people slinging abuse at each other.

I hate you.

I hate sunfish's

but I cant hate that AV

I guess its a love hate thing

Sorry for the abuse

I'd say that the 2000s belong to pac. Note that we are talking only between 2000-2009 here. This means that we are comparing pacs run from arnel barotillo to miguel cotto and mayweathers run between gregorio vargas and juan Manuel marquez.

Well considering Pac lost in that decade not sure how you could give it to him and had controversial fights with JMM. how can you be the best in a decade when you cant beat a fighter clearly.

Not sure how you could give it to pac. His run was over glorified because of his move up in weight. It was impressive but some of the opponents were not.

Floyd dominated every opponent and broke the PPV record in that time. Hands down its floyd. Pac a very close 2nd

Floyd P4P at the top till he retired 2007, Pac got it by defaut. That doesnt make you the best to be always in 2nd place.

Well considering Pac lost in that decade not sure how you could give it to him and had controversial fights with JMM. how can you be the best in a decade when you cant beat a fighter clearly.

Not sure how you could give it to pac. His run was over glorified because of his move up in weight. It was impressive but some of the opponents were not.

Floyd dominated every opponent and broke the PPV record in that time. Hands down its floyd. Pac a very close 2nd

Floyd P4P at the top till he retired 2007, Pac got it by defaut. That doesnt make you the best to be always in 2nd place.

I don't care if he lost or if Mayweather is undefeated in that decade, losses happen, especially when you face high level opponents who are in higher weight classes Pac did. Even with the losses, Pacqiao's resume> Mayweather's resume (in my opinion). also, don't give me that controversial marquez fights crap. floyd has his own controversy against a well past his prime ODLH and Castillo. Some guys have other guys numbers, it happens and you could argue that Pac rightfully won those fights to (did I mention he still holds a 2-0-1 (0) over Marquez in that decade, no matter what you think about the results).

While Pac obviously faced some sub-par comp, so did Floyd, a lot of whom were undersized against him. Look at his resume, his strong wins are Hatton (my personal favorite fighter), Coralles, Gatti, ODLH, Baldomir, Judah and Marquez. And if I really wanted to be a jerk and tear records apart I could make a strong case that none of them posed any real threat to Floyd. Pac's best wins are Cotto, Hatton, ODLH, JMM (X2), David Diaz, Morales (X2) and Barerra (X2). If you ask me, Pac has a much stronger resume between the two.

I don't care about PPV records, because they're all probably held by the WWE.

Also, the p4p #1 spot jumped between Pac and Floyd a lot, Floyd got to keep the #1 spot for a long time by beating not so great competition just because of his name value. Edit: also, Floyd departure of two years is still a departure of two years, he should have stayed in the game if he wanted to be the best of this decade (and it is very close), we can't act like he was elite when he wasn't even around.

No one poses a threat to Floyd. We just witnessed him beat a beast 15 pounds heavier

Everything else you said is just opinion. Pac didnt get the number one spot until Floyd retired that is a fact. When Floyd came out of retirement is when they would go back in forth.

Remember PAc wasnt on the main stream media until after he beat ODLH and then Manny mania kicked off.

No one poses a threat to Floyd. We just witnessed him beat a beast 15 pounds heavier

Manny moved up from Flyweight to beat 154ers

However, you're clearly a huge Floyd fan, and I don't think that anything I say will convince you otherwise. I respect your opinions and I respect for the skills of PBF, even if I don't consider him the #1 of his decade. I think it's reasonable to say that Floyd is the #1 of his decade, but I just don't believe that he is.

but let me get one last kick in:

Everything else you said is just opinion
that's what my entire argument is and what your entire argument is. Don't act like your word is law.

Last edited:
Were currently in Floyd mania and pac lost his last two fights, objectively speaking both have a lot of hype around them both now and back then. It's easy to pick apart records behind the safety of.recent performances.

The fighter of this decade will probably be ward by the way

There is no Floyd mania. He's been doing his thing since 98 and is finally being recognized for his brilliance. PAC had 3 sensational years and fell off. That's 'mania' and hype. Floyd has deep rooted acknowledgement.

There is no Floyd mania. He's been doing his thing since 98 and is finally being recognized for his brilliance. PAC had 3 sensational years and fell off. That's 'mania' and hype. Floyd has deep rooted acknowledgement.

Pacman's been boxing since 95 (and he had way more than three sensational years), and in between he's won titles in 8 divisions. That's not hype, that's accomplishments. He wasn't American, so he didn't get love until he beat big American names (like ODLH). Hype means shit, both Floyd and Pac got recognized too late in their careers, but the marketable American got recognized first because he was marketable and American. both PBF and Pac-man are beyond hype and we all know that, it's not mania, it's not hype, it's achievement after achievement.

Manny moved up from Flyweight to beat 154ers

However, you're clearly a huge Floyd fan, and I don't think that anything I say will convince you otherwise. I respect your opinions and I respect for the skills of PBF, even if I don't consider him the #1 of his decade. I think it's reasonable to say that Floyd is the #1 of his decade, but I just don't believe that he is.

but let me get one last kick in:

that's what my entire argument is and what your entire argument is. Don't act like your word is law.

Well him not losing and being P4p on the top lists in boxing, and breaking the all time record is not an opinion. Thats the evidence I used in my argument.

You just kicked yourself there buddy

Also Pac can have the decade while people are talking about Floyd being the best of all time. I think "all time" is a little more prestigious than a decade. Thats my opinion

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back