Best 170 pounder ever?

The thing about actual accomplishments is that its proof of someones skills in actual fights. I might think my cousin Vinny is the most skilled 170 pound MMA fighter ever, but without the actual victories my opinion isn't likely to convince anyone.

When two guys directly compete against each other deciding who is better is objective: its the one who wins. Serra was better than GSP in their first fight, GSP was better than him in their second fight. Comparing two guys who never competed against each other is largely subjective, and the answer is always: the guy I liked more is or was better. That's why things like actual in cage record are useful.

Records, top wins, title defenses, etc. are not reliable to predict fights. Eg. Silva vs. Weidman.

I think Usman beats GSP simply because he has the style to beat him. He's bigger, most likely stronger, has a better TDD, great wrestling, he's very athletic and has very dangerous hands. I think he can neutralize GSP's wrestling, put him on his back like Koscheck did, and hurt him or drop him like Serra, Condit, Hendricks did.

It's just a combo of skill and athleticism GSP was never close to facing.

Records, top wins, title defenses, etc. are not reliable to predict fights. Eg. Silva vs. Weidman.

I think Usman beats GSP simply because he has the style to beat him. He's bigger, most likely stronger, has a better TDD, great wrestling, he's very athletic and has very dangerous hands. I think he can neutralize GSP's wrestling, put him on his back like Koscheck did, and hurt him or drop him like Serra, Condit, Hendricks did.

It's just a combo of skill and athleticism GSP was never close to facing.
Where is your proof he has better TDD? Who has he faced that has good offensive wrestling that was unsuccessful by comparison to the guys GSP fought?

Woodley had a fake news great TDD% too and we saw how bullshit that was when a LW fucking wrestlefucked him.

GSP has far, far better striking, equal wrestling at worst along with equal cardio at worst and probably better BJJ.

GSP has far more athleticism than anyone Usman fought.

Or tap out Usman with a RNC.

Never happened to Usman during his prime.

GSP did tap to strikes in his prime.

Big difference.

If you ignore timing you don't understand fighting.

Yes bigger. GSP fights at lightweight if his career peaked today.
Usman has not done nearly enough to put him in the same conversation as GSP

True. He needs to tap to strikes to a can to be as good as GSP.

Usman got subbed in his prime by a complete tomato can who couldn't even hold Serra's jock.

Stop with this Usman > GSP bullshit. Pre-USADA and IV ban Hendricks > Usman.

He was in prime in his second fight?

See how ridiculous you have to get to favor GSP over Usman.

Lmao.

You mean completely shot Kos that was ruined by GSP? He was done when he fought Woodley. His eye was ruined.... It was evident in every fight after the GSP rematch.

You can see him constantly wiping that eye, even when nothing is happening or happened.
Was his eye bad against Paulo Thiago lol .....Kos is so overrated.....What his best win ? Starving Anthony Johnson .....Woodley was way better than Kos lol

True. He needs to tap to strikes to a can to be as good as GSP.
He already tapped to a can named Jose Caceres. lol you know, that guy who never fought anywhere worth a damn ever except for 1 fight in WSOF over another completely tunacan.

Look Claudey, if you wanted to convince Sherdog of someone being able to overthrow Georgie, at least say Khamzat Chimaev so we could take you seriously.

Did Usman even take down Colby or Woodley much, let alone GSP?

Usman is a savage but you're so wrong here.

He easily outwrestled Woodley. The guy Koscheck failed to take down, but did take GSP down.

Was his eye bad against Paulo Thiago lol .....Kos is so overrated.....What his best win ? Starving Anthony Johnson .....Woodley was way better than Kos lol
Woodley is so overrated. Got tooled by everyone he lost to via the EXACT SAME THING, every.single.time.

I can name at least 10 WWs who are better than Woodley, the supposed WW GOAT.... ROFL

He easily outwrestled Woodley. The guy Koscheck failed to take down, but did take GSP down.
But GSP beat Shields in standup, who won a standup fight against Woodley.

These games are fun, Claudey.

Woodley is so overrated. Got tooled by everyone he lost to via the EXACT SAME THING, every.single.time.

I can name at least 10 WWs who are better than Woodley, the supposed WW GOAT.... ROFL
Intelligent lol .....

The current state of Sherdog forums:
giphy.gif

Usman is the best in terms of ability. GSP has the best record.

Back