Best 170 pounder ever?

Because strength of opposition matters, and Usman, with the exception of Woodley and Covington, has not faced elite opposition.
These guys and Masvidal are his best wins by far, whereas St-Pierre has numerous great wins.

That aside, St-Pierre trumps Usman in pretty much every, if not every statistic when it comes to MMA and in most cases, it's not even close, as i've shown you.

Fighting is first and foremost, about winning and both Usman and St-Pierre are extremely good at that.

St-Pierre is however not as much of a "safe fighter" as Usman is:
View attachment 811864

Cheers!
9CSWeNf.gif
You'll need less facts and more opinions to have MMA conversations with Claude since everything he claims as facts are just his opinion to suit his narrative

I think their wrestling would be cancelled out...as is often the case with 2 good grapplers...and gsp has far better standup...I'd pick gsp anyday.

I think Usman could definitely take GSP down. Koscheck did. Usman is better, bigger and more athletic.

You'll need less facts and more opinions to have MMA conversations with Claude since everything he claims as facts are just his opinion to suit his narrative

Claude doesn't want to have MMA conversations, he wants to troll.

Usman.

Bigger, better and less flawed than GSP, who got wrecked to submission by a can during his prime.
Yes bigger. GSP fights at lightweight if his career peaked today.
Usman has not done nearly enough to put him in the same conversation as GSP

TS asked who's the best, not who's the greatest.

Best= Most skilled.
GOAT= More accomplished.

I think Usman is the best WW ever. I think he would wreck a prime GSP and everyone GSP ever fought. Thus, he's the best ever.
He wrecks roided Hendricks? Lol

I think Usman could definitely take GSP down. Koscheck did. Usman is better, bigger and more athletic.
Usman got subbed in his prime by a complete tomato can who couldn't even hold Serra's jock.

Stop with this Usman > GSP bullshit. Pre-USADA and IV ban Hendricks > Usman.

Did Usman even take down Colby or Woodley much, let alone GSP?

Usman is a savage but you're so wrong here.

Usman would have a chance to beat GSP ....But GSP is the GOAT WW and it’s not close

Did Usman even take down Colby or Woodley much, let alone GSP?

Usman is a savage but you're so wrong here.
GSP's takedown ability is far better than Usman's.

He went 2-6 against Woodley. Didn't even attempt a TD on Colby.

GSP's takedown ability is far better than Usman's.

He went 2-6 against Woodley. Didn't even attempt a TD on Colby.

Yes. Much better take downs due to exceptional timing.

Usman, while obviously being very physically dominant, hasn't shown he could control GSP, not ven close.

I think GSP outstrikes him ala Koscheck 2.

Back