Best 154-pounders of all-time

Really? How?

He would have outworked him, won on aggression.

Oscar was a damn good boxer.

I like Wright, but Oscar really had all the tools a fighter needs at his very best.

He would have outworked him, won on aggression.

Oscar was a damn good boxer.

I like Wright, but Oscar really had all the tools a fighter needs at his very best.

I agree Oscar was one hell of a boxer but his prime wasn't at 154 and I just don't see Oscar DESTROYING Winky. It would have been close and in Winky's favor imo.

Yeah tough to lay a beating on Wright.

Hearns didn't really beat any great 154 pounders though. He beat Benitez and Duran at the weight but both of those guys had seen better days. I guess Benitez was a good win at the weight.

As weird as it sounds, at 154 Wright >Hearns or at least, pretty even.

He was at the weight longer and defended his title multiple times.

i would go one step further and say benetiz was a GREAT win at that weight.

i would go one step further and say benetiz was a GREAT win at that weight.

Meh. It was a GOOD win. Benitez did all his best work at 147. The only guy who Benitez beat at the weight that was worth a damn was Duran and Duran wasn't anything special at 154.

Meh. It was a GOOD win. Benitez did all his best work at 147. The only guy who Benitez beat at the weight that was worth a damn was Duran and Duran wasn't anything special at 154.

maurice hope was pretty highly thought of in his day, no?

maurice hope was pretty highly thought of in his day, no?

Yes he was.

huh?

Maurice Hope? Maurice Hope was nothing more than a titlist in a weak division.

The only people who thought Hope was anything at all were Brits who get on the jock of any other Brit who fights.

Among the boxers of the last 12 years I'd say Wright, Vargas and de la Hoya.

huh?

Maurice Hope? Maurice Hope was nothing more than a titlist in a weak division.

The only people who thought Hope was anything at all were Brits who get on the jock of any other Brit who fights.

Eh, that's a little dramatic. He beat Antuofermo, Wissenbach (who also beat Vito Antuofermo), Mattioli twice, Larry Paul twice, etc. He beat some of the best fighters at the time

Eh, that's a little dramatic. He beat Antuofermo, Wissenbach (who also beat Vito Antuofermo), Mattioli twice, Larry Paul twice, etc. He beat some of the best fighters at the time
Vito Antufermo is a somebody for getting his ass kicke dby Hagler.
Maurice Hope was a non factor in boxing history.

He was about what Andre Berto is.

No one says, "wow, what a great era. You had Hagler, Duran, Hearns, Leonard, Hope...."

Hugo Corro was one of the best in the world at the time.

He never was.

Corro fought in the era of Hagler and Monzon.

He only got a shot because Hagler was being cut out of the title picture over promotional issues.

He never was.

Corro fought in the era of Hagler and Monzon.

He only got a shot because Hagler was being cut out of the title picture over promotional issues.

He had just beaten Ronnie Harris and Rodrigo Valdes!

Back