Benedikt Magnusson 940 lb deadlift video

Sean S said:
And I almost want to contest the steriod part also. Seems like from what I've read, that would be kind of against their culture. NAIVE BEYOND BELIEF!

Also remember, this kid isn't exactly a light weight. Bob Peoples put up 700+ at 198 without steroids (As far as I know). It isn't beyond belief that someone with 120+ pounds on him could pull 1000 without steriods... and with a deadlift suit. (For whatever those are worth)

Against their culture????? NAIVE BEYOND BELIEF!

For whatever a squat suit is worth????? ABOUT 180LBS+ DEPENDING

Please nobody compare this bum to the great Bob Peoples. People's is a legend, all strength aquired completely drug free and unaided and he's still waaaay stronger! thats why his name shall live forever, unlike that roided up fool who will be forgotten along with his half witted kind.

Poseidon said:

Please nobody compare this bum to the great Bob Peoples. People's is a legend, all strength aquired completely drug free and unaided and he's still waaaay stronger! thats why his name shall live forever, unlike that roided up fool who will be forgotten along with his half witted kind.

DEADLIFT suits do not have that kind of carryover.

Poseidon said:

Edit:
Screw the Ed Coan example. And someone whose word I trust says that Bennidikt probably is on steroids.

It's still no excuse to automatically assume he is on steroids.

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck.

Poseidon said:
If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck.

Fair enough. I guess it's just sad that it has come to this. Mostly because I think it really hurts though who are actually completely clean. Say someone does hit 900 clean, no one will believe he/she is clean anymore.

Well I certainly think lifting 900 or so pounds is impressive....But I wasn't that impressed, mostly because he looked like an idiot.

Whether or not he's on steroids or wearing a fancy suit is irrelevant. He isn't the first person to take steroids or deadlift in a suit, but he is the first person to deadlift 440 kg. I don't care if he takes every type of steroid known to man, there are always going to be a lot of legitimately strong people his size or larger taking everything he's taking or even more, training just as hard as he is or even harder, and wearing the same suit he wore who couldn't make that weight budge. The fact that he's only 21 makes this even more impressive. He lifts under the same guidelines as everyone else, but he's the only one deadlifting 970 lbs. None of the people he was competing against were lifting raw, and I doubt that many of them were clean, but he still outperformed some of the strongest men alive.

RIGHT GENETICS = BOB PEOPLES

Put that in your pipe and smoke it, motherfucker.

Wrestling_girl said:
Well I certainly think lifting 900 or so pounds is impressive....But I wasn't that impressed, mostly because he looked like an idiot.

im not sure id care what id look like if i could lift that

The other day my friend pulled 440lbs for 20reps and didn't even lose any breath. A few months back he squatted 660lbs (300kg) for a rep. He dips with around 260lbs around his waist, chins with around 160lbs. I'm just in awe of his natural strength. He classes himself as an easy gainer, very strong but not super strong like his olde idols. I have more respect for this guy than any Strongman competitior etc

There is alot of super strong guys out there who have tremendous strength (drug free) who can be found in a few selected organisations *can't think of them just now* from good stables. Sadly, this is a rarity.

Back