Benedikt Magnusson 940 lb deadlift video

I suddenly feel so much worse about my DL workout yesterday.

Damn!

That's one of the primary reasons why I wouldn't waste my time competing...

ENTROPY said:
Damn!

That's one of the primary reasons why I wouldn't waste my time competing...

I think you know that it would not be a waste of your time. When you compete it forces you to focus on a date. It forces you to tailor your training, diet, sleep, everything and allows you to really sharpen your skills.
I know that my first three years kickboxing (when I think I won one match out of 12) forced my to work on things that I never would have worked on had I not known I was going to have to fight.

Besides..that guy is more then likely juiced to the max.

Foulsmeller mentions a kind of ugly truth that I was afraid to mention for fear of sounding like a hater.

There is an extensive chemical program involved here fella's, it's not magic genes. Well it is, but not exclusively.

CarnalSalvation said:
Foulsmeller mentions a kind of ugly truth that I was afraid to mention for fear of sounding like a hater.

There is an extensive chemical program involved here fella's, it's not magic genes. Well it is, but not exclusively.

It's such a pain in the ass thing too. I mean I don't know about anyone else, but it sure would be nice to know that the human body, though maybe on the high end of the bell curve, can be capable of that.

I dont think I really needed to mention it for people to know. I'd bet that close to 100% of top lifters have tried or are on some sort of gear.
Not many people are pulling 900+ pound deadlifts without gear.

Damn, I guess my point was, dont beat yourself up for pulling 500 pounds less then this guy. He has clearly made this his one and only goal in life. He will give up anything, long term health, anything to pull big numbers.

The choice is yours. I've kickboxed against people who I know where on the juice. One of them handed me my ass in a bad bad bad way. I knew that if I was going to keep fighting I either had to juice or find a venue that tested.

Instead I retired :)

Anyone now the song that plays in the background? Sounds like a remix of Voodoo people from Prodigy

It took me almost 10 years to pull in the mid 600's and here we have a Super Saiyan from another planet who at the motherfucken age of 21 is already pulling mid 9 fucken hundreds.

This is highly discouraging to say the least! I hate to say this, but these Europeans are fucken killing it!!!

Having guys like Paul Anderson and Kaz on the scene was great for American lifting while it lasted, but most of us weren't even born or were simply too young to remember anything.

Carnal mentioned some new potentials, but for now, I'm skeptical.

I can't wait to see an up and coming young'n break onto the scene and breath new life into the American lifting scene.

Well as it stand right now - of the 9 guys to ever officially deadlift 900 lbs - 6 of them are Americans.

Garry Frank - 931
Gary Heisey - 925
Dan Wohleber - 904
Doyle Kenady - 904
Mark Henry - 904
Ed Coan - 903 at 220 lbs!!!

and then

Andy Bolton from the UK -935
Tibor Meszaros from Hungary - 927
Maxim Podtynny from Russia - 909

Come on Carnal Train daily for the rest of you 20th year and you'll be close :D

PPl from northern Europe are generally huge to begin with + PL juiceing Dad + PL since you were a kid + Juice and GH= 900lb DL at 21 years old.

He'll be dead by age 40.

That's awesome.

Anyone know what the song in the video is called?

nudge119 said:
Well as it stand right now - of the 9 guys to ever officially deadlift 900 lbs - 6 of them are Americans.

Garry Frank - 931
Gary Heisey - 925
Dan Wohleber - 904
Doyle Kenady - 904
Mark Henry - 904
Ed Coan - 903 at 220 lbs!!!

and then

Andy Bolton from the UK -935
Tibor Meszaros from Hungary - 927
Maxim Podtynny from Russia - 909

Thank's for the post.

The crazy thing is that this 21 year old freak out-pulled them all.

In many European weight training circles, Powerlifting is looked down upon as a cheaters sport, with most opting to compete either in Strongman or Olympic lifting.

Prodigy - Voodoo People (Pendulum Remix) is the name of the song

Unoficially he did. But then unoficially Bolton and Henry outpulled him too. And unoficially Mark did it drug free.....(and unoficially squatted 933 lb in high school)

But yeah, I do expect Ben, Tibor or Andy (or all of them)to break the 1000lb mark within the next 6 months.

I get what your saying though - as powerlifting becomes more of an internationial sport the americans won't dominate as much - although i think it will be the russians and eastern europeans that dominate more than the icelanders and other nordic freaks.

And no one mentioned he was "cheating" by wearing a metal pro deadlift suit.....

RJ43 said:
Prodigy - Voodoo People (Pendulum Remix) is the name of the song

Ah.. that's why it sounded familiar, I've got that one, :D Thanks.

How much does that metal pro deadlift suit help?

Back