Ben Saddik injured and out of co-main event for Glory 77

Honestly Rico losing in the finals (not happening vs Hesdy) I think that would be great for the sport. Would suck that a title wouldn't transfer, but it would immediately create an obviously legit title contender so they can have that fight to build on. Would throw a wrench into the Benny matchup, but if Ritgers or Khbabez can take the title in a follow up fight (if one beats Rico here) I'd rather see Benny fight one of them than Rico again.

Even if Rico wins, if either Ritgers or Khbabez gives hims a tough fight that's a good result as well.

It will be a bad image for Adegbuyi if Rico loses on 30th of January. In the case if Benny would defeat Rico somehow.

Verhoeven should have defended his title. Otherwise, I totally know the Nordic mentality. Even if he loses, like against Gerasimchuk, he will show out 10 times more prepared at his next fight when he"ll defend the championship!

Anyway, I think Rico this time and here is very prepared. I saw his muscles and motivation, it will be a really shame to lose against bigger underdogs than Jamal. Rico also has the experience of tournaments at this level..

I personally hope Gerges doesn"t make fun of himself!

Last edited:
I also wonder if Khbabez is at 100%, because he said he is not ready yet for big matches. Rico is the best trained from all 4. Still doesn"t want to put the belt on the line.

Somehow I can understand though, but he fought Gerges many times. He would have needed tactic only for the finalist, and on the paper we would have faced poorer oppposition.

Ben Saddik could have herniated disc(s) according some insiders.

:)) Before Rico told Hesdy he can have "a piece" only if he is one of the top guys.

Traditionally nobody ever puts a championship belt on the line in a tournament. We all know how crazy tournaments can be, with injuries and whatnot. The title should be won in a one off 5-round fight that was fully prepared for. I don't see any problem in not putting the title on the line.

Besides, this is all a last minute scramble to resolve fighters pulling out. With what they could do this was a pretty solid solution to still keep the card interesting, and can help build narratives for the future in the HW division.

Traditionally nobody ever puts a championship belt on the line in a tournament. We all know how crazy tournaments can be, with injuries and whatnot. The title should be won in a one off 5-round fight that was fully prepared for. I don't see any problem in not putting the title on the line.

Besides, this is all a last minute scramble to resolve fighters pulling out. With what they could do this was a pretty solid solution to still keep the card interesting, and can help build narratives for the future in the HW division.

I agree. they were dealt shit and managed to make a good shit sandwich with it. A tournament with the champion in it is intriguing and if Rico loses - even if by sheer fluke - then they finally have a compelling title fight.

glory should have never aggravated the fight gods. because they did not stage badr vs rico 3 for their return event shit like this is going to continue to happen

glory should have never aggravated the fight gods. because they did not stage badr vs rico 3 for their return event shit like this is going to continue to happen
51w2KCLTYHL._AC_UL600_SR420,600_.jpg

I post one thing about how Khbabez hasn't beaten anyone relevant in years and i get a private message (more like an essay) about how i know nothing about kickboxing.

Nice.

Damn that could fuck up his career right?
Depends, some athletes keep avoiding the surgery and they don"t really heal. I had the same problem by the way but I miraculously healed. I simply avoided the painful positions for a few months. It also depends on the severity. Mine wasn"t, but it was still painful enough (I had refused painkillers though).

He won"t train for at least 2 months, although I think it can be half a year considering he"s a kickboxer. And it"s not the first time surely, so it should be longer until he will enter the gym again. Depends on what they recommend.

Ben Saddik may not fight once in 3 years! In December 2021 there are 3 years. Only 10 months left.

I hope Glory can offer some opinion about his situation, considering he is also a title challenger.

Last edited:
I agree, I think they handled it well.

Is it a one-night tournament?

Yeah, i think i actually prefer a 4-man 1-night tournament over another routine Rico win. Rico will prob win it all but there's always a chance something crazy happens in a 1-night tournament.

Undoubtedly the best thing for Glory (and fans as a whole) is for Rico to lose so they can set up a title fight in the future.

Yeah, i think i actually prefer a 4-man 1-night tournament over another routine Rico win. Rico will prob win it all but there's always a chance something crazy happens in a 1-night tournament.

Undoubtedly the best thing for Glory (and fans as a whole) is for Rico to lose so they can set up a title fight in the future.
Nice!

Rigters beating Rico would be great for Glory, and the sport

Rigters beating Rico would be great for Glory, and the sport

So far Rigters hasn"t beaten any top heavyweight. Red Cairo is the best name on his resume, who was at the end of his career and usually a LHW (even less in terms of weight). The best opposition defeated is a prospect, Bchiri, and a very average Mahiedinne. Storodiris was nothing more than BELOW average in Superkombat. Only Cairo at some point was top anyway (by the way, in prime he was Glory material but we should thank to the former Glory matchmakers!).

On the paper Rigters is probably ranked 4th to win the tournament, if Gerges is not in a miserable shape. 3rd at most anyway.

If nothing is fishy, and if Khbabez would be in a decent shape, I simply can"t see Levi winning the tournament. He was exposed a few times before in the Dutch promotion where he fought. Rigters will have to prove wrong, I have rarely seen heavyweights reaching "the elite" after being exposed by below average/mediocre heavyweights (such as Susano and Suisse). At the end his results against them were good, but it is just proving he was not fighting opposition.

Being from the Netherlands, and with such a nice body for performance, he will have the chance to contradict me showing he has been growing a lot. As all the people know on this forum, I only love heavyweights with reach.

Last edited:
Sure, the logic of some is: Khbabez lost to Pacas and Kornilov (in a bad year of 2016) and is shit (though fighting Kornilov in Russia is dangerous, Kornilov is kind of slow but pretty skillful, while Pacas is only a "physical" opponent who beat former LHWs but not skillful and real HWs). I don"t know what happened there, he is also a classic LHW and not a real HW, but his boxing skills are superior. And Khbabez has constantly taken hard fights (Lazaar, Douwes, Ciobanu, even Wamba, Kryklia, Kornilov, Aygun, Mahieddine, El Bouni, Stoica and Braddock Silva).

We will probably see very high odds for Khbabez, I predict they will be evens. I need to find out if Tarik is fit because I know he wasn"t. You can at least double the money or almost. I won"t be surprised if it"s even better.

Adegbuyi had 60-70% chances of winning against Badr and was almost 4/1.

Fans and newspapers in the Netherlands also see Khbabez as favorite. https://www.vechtsportinfo.nl/nieuw...r-is-het-grootste-risico-voor-rico-verhoeven/

Last edited:
Back