Ben Saddik injured and out of co-main event for Glory 77

I have no idea whether Spong is in good shape, but could be epic IMO

Hesdy Gerges????
This is just Horrible.

Tarik hasn't beaten anyone relevant in years so i disagree.
Actually he did, but he has beaten former light-heavyweights such as Stoica and El Bouni since the 2015 win over Kryklia at Superkombat finals. Now they are calling themselves "heavyweights", but in fact they are not. They also have short reach, including Khbabez.

Khbabez is also a classic light-heavyweight, his volume is insane but he is a bit one-dimensional for a heavyweight. On the other hand, he could probably even stop Vakhitov and Co. He relies on superior power in a lower division.

Khbabez as a heavyweight is poorer, but as a light-heavyweight he is much better. So somehow you are right, his 2015 he has not beaten a top classic heavyweight. Well, besides Nordine Mahieddine but who is kind of average.

Step it up @Broadcast I know you must have a list of HW Romanians

Only Ștefan Lătescu and Sebastian Cozmâncă are probably free, if they are in the gym now. Give Lătescu a chance to see where he stands, he is a brave young man! Or Cozmâncă because of the record could sell. Cozmâncă also fights as a heavyweight but would probably weigh 10 kilograms less. He is classic LHW.

Last edited:
MMADNA.nl launches names such as Khbabez, Rigters, Gerges AND Adegbuyi.

Hesdy Gerges????
This is just Horrible.
Really, the best pick would be Khbabez. Some Dutch friends though tell me Glory are not gonna pick Khbabez because it is too risky for Rico considering he has not studied this opponent. :)) They are also pushing the idea Rico is afraid of Tarik.

Last edited:
:)))))))

Rico says the following about the cancellation of Ben Saddik and his potential next opponent: “I am really fed up with the news. 3 months of training and then this last minute. Hesdy Gerges has again spoken to me smartly on social media and I still have an account to settle with him in the ring following the earlier confrontation with him at the press conference after Badr. There must be a new opponent for next Saturday. I now want Hesdy as an opponent.”

ARJ Trainingen say Glory want Rico to fight a poorer opponent. They got a call on 18th and they agreed for the fight, but others forces oppose. I suppose the matchmakers wanted Khbabez, but others not.

Plazibat is also OUT!

And Ben Saddik told his story on social media.

Last edited:
Actually he did, but he has beaten former light-heavyweights such as Stoica and El Bouni since the 2015 win over Kryklia at Superkombat finals. Now they are calling themselves "heavyweights", but in fact they are not. They also have short reach, including Khbabez.

Khbabez is also a classic light-heavyweight, his volume is insane but he is a bit one-dimensional for a heavyweight. On the other hand, he could probably even stop Vakhitov and Co. He relies on superior power in a lower division.

Khbabez as a heavyweight is poorer, but as a light-heavyweight he is much better. So somehow you are right, his 2015 he has not beaten a top classic heavyweight. Well, besides Nordine Mahieddine but who is kind of average.

Only Ștefan Lătescu and Sebastian Cozmâncă are probably free, if they are in the gym now. Give Lătescu a chance to see where he stands, he is a brave young man! Or Cozmâncă because of the record could sell. Cozmâncă also fights as a heavyweight but would probably weigh 10 kilograms less. He is classic LHW.

Like i said he hasn't beaten anyone relevant in YEARS.

Also the last thing you do as an org like Glory is put someone straight into a title fight who just got embarrassed in another org in his last fight. If he somehow beat Rico it makes them look incredibly bad. 0% chance this happens.

I have no idea who they get at this point with the restrictions and lots of fighters not in camp, we'll see.

Somehow I knew Hesdy would get thrown out there. Rico already beat him twice and he's 4-5-1 in his last ten fights. I'd rather see Rico beat up some random overmatched Euro that would at least be a fresh face.

Hesdy fights in Bellator or Enfusion. He did win his first fight but I haven’t seen the fight. It seems to me that he is not in the best shape and the question remains if the organisation would let him fight outside their circuit. As soon as JBM is out, there are no really good opponents left.

Imagine Rico loses his in this Tournament that would be hilarious and also make the HW division more of a FFA.
Lets see if Rigters can handle a fresh game opponent, very skeptical after he couldn't finish that noname inside a round last time.

Honestly Rico losing in the finals (not happening vs Hesdy) I think that would be great for the sport. Would suck that a title wouldn't transfer, but it would immediately create an obviously legit title contender so they can have that fight to build on. Would throw a wrench into the Benny matchup, but if Ritgers or Khbabez can take the title in a follow up fight (if one beats Rico here) I'd rather see Benny fight one of them than Rico again.

Even if Rico wins, if either Ritgers or Khbabez gives hims a tough fight that's a good result as well.

Last edited:
This is very well thought, but honestly Rico Verhoeven is such a chicken! Ghiță would have totally put the belt on the line, in a tournament against "Bs" (on the paper).

I hope the new champion is soon Adegbuyi. If it wasn"t for the current one, Adegbuyi and/or Ghiță would have been champions in Glory. Romania has had the best heavyweights starting with Superkombat and from at least 2 had no champion (others weren"t promoted by Hemmers & Co).

You can imagine Verhoeven"s way of thinking, and when Benny was picked up by Superpro they knew it was a threat to him. Just saying Rico deserves to lose the title, way too much luck and some pro-Glory decisions.

If you are scheduled to defend your title, then defend your title. Ask just for another 3-round in the final, instead of 5 of the single championship fight! What is 6 instead of 5, in terms of rounds? Can"t you outwork old Gerges and normally a more tired Rigters/Khbabez, both almost debutants?

Imagine Aerts being such a chicken in K-1...

Somehow I knew Hesdy would get thrown out there. Rico already beat him twice and he's 4-5-1 in his last ten fights. I'd rather see Rico beat up some random overmatched Euro that would at least be a fresh face.

I have also definitely wanted a 5-round against Khbabez or some Euro fresh face. In the 2nd case it wouldn"t have matter even a KO loss, but I am sure a trained debutant with talent (!) would have given everything.

It seems to me that Hesdy is not in the best shape and the question remains if the organisation would let him fight outside their circuit.

He at least has the chance to break his nose. :))) That should be the approach of Gerges, the puncher"s chance, 3-round aggressor!

Last edited:
Back