News Ben Rothwell vs. Gian Villante set for UFC 249 (April 18)

Is this really where we are in 2020?

this is the height of the sport

Kill me

I know exactly what I'm talking about. Just because we have a difference of opinion on that matter doesn't make either of us right or wrong.

I just happen to think he sucks and his record reflects it.

you know I read your post there
And I don’t even know which of these ‘fighters’ you’re talking about
But you are correct

how they are both under contract and being put on TV is madness

I guess the only one who wanted Ben nutcracker Rothwell was a LHW Villante who was probably threatened with release papers.

I can't say I'm not suprised. Hope it's a good fight, Ben can be entertaining like few and Villante has decent hands.

Another high level UFC HW fight. No way could the Pride guys hack it in todays division with all the evolution.....
UFC could only dream of having such amazing Pride fights such as Kimo vs Severn, Tadao Yasuda vs Masaaki Sataki, CroCop vs Takada etc etc. UFC heavyweights of today can only dream of putting on such amazingly skilled performances.

UnlinedDisloyalBasenji.webp

<{you!}>

Honestly, to this day, that's one of the craziest fucking things I've ever seen in this sport. Josh, to my knowledge, held the record for the longest time of never submitting to a hold at just under twenty years.

I remember watching that live. I kind of rolled my eyes when Ben first started going for it, I stood up from my chair when Josh went to his back, and when he tapped I lost my shit.

I don't believe in luck in MMA, but I do believe that was an one in a million occurrence.

Honestly I see villante winning this. Neither he or Ben have looked that great but at this stage I have more faith in gian.

Bizarre move, I guess he wants to try his luck. Rough deal getting Rothwell though, he is still dangerous, huge and hungry for a win.

Just imagine if the one to finally carck Bens chin in the ufc is Gian Villante

<{anton}>

Villante to HW, is pure Strikeforce days. I remember him having a slugfest with Chad Griggs there at 265lbs, one he ended up losing by TKO/KO.

It's also a desperation move. Rothwell Ko's him into the little leagues.

Big Ben has fought more the past little while then he has his whole UFC career.

He started off as a HW, but was a LHW for the majority of his career. Don't know why he decided to move back up now lol.
Have you seen him lately? He just had a kid. And he gained like 50 pounds during the pregnancy

I'm thinking they want ben to get a win lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back