News Ben Rothwell vs. Gian Villante set for UFC 249 (April 18)

Nah Gian's getting finished pretty early imo.

If hes being KO'd by Shogun then he doesn't have the chin to take shots from Ben. Pretty sure Gian is moving back up cuz hes lazy.

Didn't learn anything from his best buddy Weidman's experience i guess.

He's on a two win streak and he looked impressive in both fights. Why would he not be in the UFC?
Screenshot_20200113-173403_Chrome.jpg

Both his recent wins are sub par opponents. He gets scrubbed by the elite.

He belongs in bellator where he can crush some cans next to MVP.

Villante at HW? Cool. He was kind of slow to compete at 205.

He's on a two win streak and he looked impressive in both fights. Why would he not be in the UFC?
Also he looked good vs Borrachinha but could not keep the pace. And before that he knocked out that polish dude.

I think Jacaré has really fallen off and Hall will beat him.

Think rothwell bullys him around. Not sure if Gian going to hw makes much sense, but whatever.

No bet fight

Whoever's advising Gian is an idiot. You don't "dip your toes" into the HW division with a fighter like Big Ben.

Gian's career was going nowhere at LHW, so moving to HW makes sense. Now he'll be matched up with guys with very limited skill and cardio. Why not give it a go?

Whoever's advising Gian is an idiot. You don't "dip your toes" into the HW division with a fighter like Big Ben.
I like Ben, but he's just a slow, plodding nut cracker at this point.

Rothwell puts Villante's lights out before the 3rd, if not sooner.

and Gian is just a smaller version that is just as slow. that doesn't bode well for Villante who also has been KO'd multiple times at LHW.

Nah Gian's getting finished pretty early imo.

If hes being KO'd by Shogun then he doesn't have the chin to take shots from Ben. Pretty sure Gian is moving back up cuz hes lazy.
God I hope, I don't want to waste any time watching a potential borefest between those 2

Villante's weight cut has always been massive, he walks around heavier than Stipe does. Maybe he's hit that time of life when a former collegiate wrestler who loves his food can no longer pull off the crazy cuts he used to —i.e, the Johny Hendricks Experience.

But he's always been slow and plodding. Gian doesn't have the power to crack Ben's chin....but Ben has more than enough to put Gian down. Gian doesn't have the versatility/IQ to dance around Ben for a 3-round decision without taking damage (he's very hittable). And that damage will be coming from a 265 slugger instead of the run of the mill 205'ers that Gian's fought.

That is one of the weirdest fight announcements ever.

Absolutely zero people would have predicted this one.

Money Talk ! HW division needs people...

Back