Ben Henderson pissed at UFC's offer to Alvarez

markg171

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Benson Henderson ‏@BensonHenderson
"Thats A LOT of cheddar!RT @MikeChiappetta: Bjorn says Alvarez match deal was exact same as Zuffa, gives contract $ info"

"I get 39k"

"Bah...idk...RT @EaglesWhat83: @BensonHenderson @MolesyMMA how long until you can renegotiate your contract?"

"YES...RT @gizzmo11477: @BensonHenderson @MolesyMMA does that make you want to get him in the cage even more? Lmao"

"Just not in a good mood, bout to hop off here before i get myself in troubleRT @Ryan_Mairs101: @BensonHenderson Ignore these wack fans champ"

But I'm sure Benson got a ton for main eventing on Fox. And also, I'm fairly certain his next contract he will be making way more than 39k/39k

Can't blame him. But hey, that's always going to happen when you have a multi-fight contract and suddenly have a meteoric rise through the rankings. A lot of fighters bitch when they suddenly become champ and get the same pay as contenders. But no ex-champs bitch when they're contenders or gatekeepers, and still get paid like champs.

Isn't he still under his WEC deal? If so that will change once he gets an actually UFC contract.

a0ee4_ORIG-fc85535_oh_he_mad.jpg

Cant blame him, but it's going to be a lot better for him once he gets his next contract anyway.

Kind of unfair though isn't it.

Isn't he still under his WEC deal? If so that will change once he gets an actually UFC contract.

Signed a new deal in Sept 2011. He has one of the best managers in MMA too, possibly the best. Malki Kawa.

Totally unfair, but oh well its UFC. They dont need to play fair, they're monopolizing the sport. UFC/MMA pays sucks compare to the mainstream pro sport.

If and when you get the belt you should get a new contract to match being a champion.

Life lesson. You gotta get it on the way in. Holds true everywhere.

Don't start at a company at 25k and expect to making 100k in two years. Raises don't work like that. Negotiate hard on the way in and get 85k and you might be making 100k in 3-5 years.

Just sounds like Alvarez negotiated better. Now Bendo has a bargaining chip next time he gets his chance.

[QUOTE="Rush";78167223]Signed a new deal in Sept 2011. He has one of the best managers in MMA too, possibly the best. Malki Kawa.[/QUOTE]

Don't know if your serious saying Maiki Kawa is the best. Anyways, Benson's pay better be increased especially since he's the damn champ. The UFC have renegotiated other contract's, I'm sure they can renegotiate his.

If I'm Benson, I'm just taking PPV fights for now on, no more Fox cards unless pay is increased.

Can't blame him. that's a fucking travesty is what it is.

according to people on here, the secret locker room bonuses should turn this into a non issue. however, bendo is complaining which provides some evidence that the locker room bonuses aren't as lucrative as advertised by some posters. it's all about the base pay....fighters shouldn't have to depend on the kindness and whims of dana white

Back