Ben Henderson pissed at UFC's offer to Alvarez

[QUOTE="Rush";78167371]Ronda will earn the UFC more money than Henderson or Alvarez.[/QUOTE]

No she won't. you seriously overestimate how much of a fuck people give about womens MMA.

[QUOTE="Rush";78167371]Ronda will earn the UFC more money than Henderson or Alvarez.[/QUOTE]

Why...

Benson is being dumb. All people mad when someone comes in and gets paid more then them are dumb.

I never get people who complain about that. As a top performer I never wanted everyone to be relegated to salaries below me. it is far easier for me (or Benson) to push the envelope and demand a big raise if they bring in someone and pay him more then me and I out perform that guy.

If I am making a $100k a year please pay the new guy doing my job $1M a year so when I do better then him you feel pressure to pay me that. If you pay the new guy less then me that does not help me push the envelope on my raises.

Hey a rising tide lifts all boats. A free agent bidding war between orgs. should give top fighters leverage.

Don't know if your serious saying Maiki Kawa is the best. Anyways, Benson's pay better be increased especially since he's the damn champ. The UFC have renegotiated other contract's, I'm sure they can renegotiate his.

Ben Henderson. Jon Jones. Carlos Condit. Frank Mir. Thiago Alves. Alan Belcher. Stephan Bonnar. All of those under his banner.

Glenn Robinson has a great stable too, who would you say?

according to people on here, the secret locker room bonuses should turn this into a non issue. however, bendo is complaining which provides some evidence that the locker room bonuses aren't as lucrative as advertised by some posters. it's all about the base pay....fighters shouldn't have to depend on the kindness and whims of dana white

Since Alvarez would ALSO get locker room bonuses, then wouldn't base pay be the main issue? You need to actually use logic next time you post and your argument might hold together.

Well....Alvarez has a higher percentage of wins by finishes.

So I think it's fair.

[QUOTE="Rush";78167223]Signed a new deal in Sept 2011. He has one of the best managers in MMA too, possibly the best. Malki Kawa.[/QUOTE]

Well....Alvarez has a higher percentage for wins by finishes.

So I think it's fair.

The argument to support Alvarez's pay is valid. He's a formidable fighter. He has about 30 fights and only three losses. He also has been fighting for nearly one decade. Additionally, he is a former champion.

Sucks for him but it happens in all sports. Look at MLB contracts getting bigger and bigger. His next contract will be better though.

according to people on here, the secret locker room bonuses should turn this into a non issue. however, bendo is complaining which provides some evidence that the locker room bonuses aren't as lucrative as advertised by some posters. it's all about the base pay....fighters shouldn't have to depend on the kindness and whims of dana white

someone should ask him point blank how much did he make for the Diaz fight or the Edgar fight defending his title.

Give us a real concrete number, did you get extra behind the scenes, did you get PPV money, sponsors etc.

He just said he gets 39k base, tell us what you really made off a PPV title fight main event and a Fox title fight main event.

Until someone does that we have no clue what these guys really make. Some think more with teh backroom bonuses and others think thats it.

Someone needs to give us the real info.

Hey a rising tide lifts all boats. A free agent bidding war between orgs. should give top fighters leverage.

Lol, how'd that work out over the last 4-5 years?

#IFLELITEXCPRIDEAFFLICTIONSTRIKEFORCEETC

But but locker room bonuses!!!!!

The argument to support Alvarez's pay is valid. He's a formidable fighter. He has about 30 fights and only three losses. He also has been fighting for nearly one decade. Additionally, he is a former champion.

Agreed.

But you left out the most important stat, he has 24 wins but 21 of those wins are by finishes.

[QUOTE="Rush";78167787]No, you seriously underestimate it. You'll all see come Feb.[/QUOTE]

Doubtful.

Back