Ben Henderson pissed at UFC's offer to Alvarez

The Champ should be making more. If the up and comers make more then that destroys the purpose of moving up in a company. I think the UFC needs to structure their salaries better.

Can't blame him. But hey, that's always going to happen when you have a multi-fight contract and suddenly have a meteoric rise through the rankings. A lot of fighters bitch when they suddenly become champ and get the same pay as contenders. But no ex-champs bitch when they're contenders or gatekeepers, and still get paid like champs.

That is the truth. Guys like Rampage aren't currently worth what they're getting paid, but that's the result from years of being great. So Bendo's underpaid right now, will be justly compensated in his prime, and will be overpaid once he's washed up (because he'll be a "name" by then). The equation balances itself out.

[QUOTE="Rush";78167667]Ben Henderson. Jon Jones. Carlos Condit. Frank Mir. Thiago Alves. Alan Belcher. Stephan Bonnar. All of those under his banner.

Glenn Robinson has a great stable too, who would you say?[/QUOTE]

I'd go with Glenn Robinson. He is not trying to be the P. Diddy of manager's, trying to outshine his clients.

Kind of unfair though isn't it.

Why? When he renegotiates his contract he will be in a great position and will try to make the most out of it. The UFC is not running a charity for fighters.

I'm sure Bendo is doing just fine behind the scenes. Just his base pay is lower. But when he signed that deal I think it was like mid 2011. He was good and tested at WEC level, but not great and proving to be great like now. I'm sure his next pay day will be quite nice.

someone should ask him point blank how much did he make for the Diaz fight or the Edgar fight defending his title.

Give us a real concrete number, did you get extra behind the scenes, did you get PPV money, sponsors etc.

He just said he gets 39k base, tell us what you really made off a PPV title fight main event and a Fox title fight main event.

Until someone does that we have no clue what these guys really make. Some think more with teh backroom bonuses and others think thats it.

Someone needs to give us the real info.

precisely. until that time the locker room bonuses should be downplayed. i doubt that they are the lucrative amounts that people on here make them out to be.

Bendo's manager getting fired /\ ahahaah, 3:10 on

Also, Bendo gets paid less than Edgar, because Edgar beat him in the second match. Retarded judging is the only reason Bendo still has that title, I don't give a rats ass how much he gets paid.

But doesn't Bendo make a kajillion billion in super duper secret locker room bonuses?

Doubtful.

and you know this how? By not following it like the rest of the people on her, yet see an opinion on its popularity?

If its doubtful explain to me how RR/Carmouche event has sold more tickets to the public than Jones/Hendo did, even though Jones/Hendo was on sale for a month longer?

Source:
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/287618883806961666
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/287619034252464128

Or how Ronda Rousey drew better numbers carrying a card on her own than a card that had Barnett/Cormier and Melendez/Thomson?

Or how Dan Hendersons two fights on showtime that didnt include Fedor drew less than than Rondas fight with Kaufman? (With 4 fights Fedor is the most viewed fighter in SF history, he was the main attraction there)

Or how Invicta crashed ustream payment system on saturday for their PPV

Source:
http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/...ta-fc-failure-blames-record-demand-for-issues

Or how Ronda has been on the covers of

UFC mag
ESPN Body mag
Tatame mag
Fighters Only mag
Blackbelt mag

Or on TV shows like

Conan O'Brien
Jim Rome
Hosted TMZ

Not providing a source for the others as i can't be bothered, go look it up if you dont believe me, but im not lying.

Yeah, i could go on but you get the point...

Don't get mad Bendo - start finishing.

8168461]precisely. until that time the locker room bonuses should be downplayed. i doubt that they are the lucrative amounts that people on here make them out to be[/B].

then you have no idea what you are talking about. Signing bonuses can be anywhere from 250-500,000 dollars and ppv bonuses can bring in millions. Jon JOnes discloses salary is 400k yet, according to him, he makes millions per fight.

Even in 2007 when Couture was making 250,000 in disclosed pay he was getting over 700,000 to 1 million per fight in ppv bonuses.

Alistair Overeem made 387,000 in disclosed pay for his fight with Brock yet brought in over 2 million dollars.

Over and over again fighters have disclosed their ppv bonuses and undisclosed paychecks and many times it's been far more than their actual pay.

The only people who still dispute this are the boxing fans and anti Zuffa tards because on literally every occasion a fighter has stepped up and provided us with what they get in undisclosed bonuses it's been quite a bit.

[QUOTE="Rush";78168529]and you know this how? By not following it like the rest of the people on her, yet see an opinion on its popularity?[/QUOTE]

I guess you don't know what "doubtful" means. It doesn't entail knowing. It's probability. Knowing is certainty. Probability is likelihood and uncertainty.

I'd go with Glenn Robinson. He is not trying to be the P. Diddy of manager's, trying to outshine his clients.

True. Robinson seems like a really good guy and all the fighters at blackzillians are always praising him. Not sure where Robinson has got his money from but he's built a super camp at Jaco Hybrid training center.

i would love for there to be an mma version of free agency

what exactly would be the point? The Ufc pays better than every other org and it's not even comparable.

I want even get into how stupid it would be if it even made sense. Yeah nothing would be better than having all the top fighters spread amongst multiple orgs like we used to have. It was so great watching Wandy and Chuck smash the same guys over and over yet never facing each other.

And where is Mitrione now? Meanwhile, his ex agent is hooking up all his fighters, getting them title shots. Condit, Jones, Mir, and Bendo. Maybe if Hendricks had him has a manager he could get a shot.

Its hard for me to feel bad about a guy who's made over 200k in one year.

I guess you don't know what "doubtful" means. It doesn't entail knowing. It's probability. Knowing is certainty. Probability is likelihood and uncertainty.

Sorry for coming off as a dick, it was more of a general post to get it out there as it annoys me that a big chunk of this forum think is really not popular, when the facts state otherwise.

Back