Ben Henderson: "I was never asked or even told I was fighting Cowboy."

Really unprofessional. Can it really be that hard for UFC brass to contact his manager for 5 fucking minutes and tell him who he's fighting instead?

Jesus christ man.

UFC did it this way because if Benson refused after the fact they could shit on him publicly and say he pulled out of the fight, cover's their ass better than losing another big fight to injury

Doesn't Bendo need to sign a new bout agreement with an opponent switch?

they do that so that it forces the fighter not to say no to them. Oh well, awesome on Hendersons part. I love the attitude. Hopefully he gets the win.

I don't understand how that's even possible. I'm a big fan of Dana White and I've been called a "Zuffa zombie" a couple of times here, but that's just unprofessional.

sorry to bump a first page post but I feel the same way, how the fk do we spin this positively :p

This should be one of the strong arm tactics listed in the class action suit.

To the people saying it's not Dana, it's Joe Silva doing this. Dana said a few days ago he called Cerrone and offered him the fight. Everything Joe Silva does or wants to do, has to be approved by Dana who was put in charge by the Fertitas who own it.

The strangest thing about it is his response to Cowboy just saying "Oh cool" I mean cowboy was trying too be a decent guy and a text like that would usually lead to me saying "What the hell are you talking about?"

Had he asked he at least wouldn't have found out on twitter

Cerrone is a crowd pleaser and Bendo is a grinder. UFC wants Cowboy to win.

*lol* And I bet if Bendo said no for whatever reason he would have been thrown under the bus. It's not like he is fighting someone completely unprepared - Cowboy himself just had a full training camp!

BTW: OP who is that girl in your av?

sounds pretty amatuer.... good thing benson is benson!

Anyone surprised by this

Typical ufc

Anyway Henderson wins

Good on him, risking his career when a top champion wouldn't have done it, even if the opponent was a lower weight class and just come of a loss.

Who cares? Bendo should be ecstatic he's still even on the card, making money.

*lol* And I bet if Bendo said no for whatever reason he would have been thrown under the bus. It's not like he is fighting someone completely unprepared - Cowboy himself just had a full training camp!

BTW: OP who is that girl in your av?

Poor TS everyone keeps asking him over and over.

Girl's name is Chantal Jeffries.��

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back