Ben Henderson: "I was never asked or even told I was fighting Cowboy."

If Jon Jones was offered Cerrone on a two week notice, Jones (on the advice of Greg Jackson), would decline the fight saying not enough time to prepare for a lightweight contender, maybe a flyweight, but not a dangerous lightweight.

Burn!

I've been laughing at Jones riffs more recently when in the past I was defensive. What's going on here?

This isn't the first time and that's why we often get canceled fights because they haven't informed the other fighters/camps etc.

Ben should get injured the day before weigh ins

The completely different levels of treatment in the UFC.

If only Henderson was Irish and spoke like a WWE wrestler. Then they would have let him pick his next opponent instead of having him find out his first opponent got hurt by his new opponent texting him.

How long was Bendo kept in the dark with this? Maybe it was just one day or something and the UFC just coudln't get a hold of them or they were to busy for a moment. But yeah, still.

I would be embarrassed if I was the UFC.

I think this fight will determine where Benson stands anymore. Seems like he doesn't want it as bad when he fights now.

I am rooting for cowboy, bUT I must also applaud bendo for his attitude here. He is up 2-0 against one of the best lw fighters on earth. Cowboy has never looked better. I hope the UFC remembers this if bendo is the number one contender and they are feeling reluctant about giving him another shot. Bendo'S losses to pettis are very similar to his wins over cowboy.

that's actually funny, i never thought of that.

smh UFC. I'll continue to watch UFC events but I also will not feel bad if another catches up and takes them over. Their history with treating fighters have been terrible overall.

None of this bush-league stuff from the UFC surprises me anymore...

Also thats Joe Silva's job not dana's so not sure why anyone would say fuck Dana for this. But then again Dana gets shit on for everything.

You clearly don't understand what the title "president" means do you, Dana calls the shots

None of this bush-league stuff from the UFC surprises me anymore...

They remind me of a lot of small companies that are really successful. Once they grow, some never seem to adjust to how to handle themselves on a bigger stage. They continue to run as if they are based out of the owner's garage.

The UFC just screams this imo, from things like mishandling a former champ and high profile fighters like Benson to Dana's at times cartoonish antics. The UFC is very good at putting on fight events. Their production is usually pretty tight, but a lot of other areas badly need shoring up and have for some time now.

Bullshit. A fight isn't set in stone unless a fight bout contract is signed.

It usually goes down like that when someone's hurt. Not to surprising but not professional

Cowboy texted him. Wow. I totally forgot they were friends. If I remember correctly Cowboy even attended Bendo's wedding.

This should be one of the strong arm tactics listed in the class action suit.

Indeed I hope this gets brought up. The fact that they still do shit like this with the class action lawsuit pending is unbelievable. Talk about giving them free ammunition.

Back