Ben henderson best light weight ever

the dynamic between Pettis/Edgar/BJ and Benson in how you would rank them all time is interesting. Edgar won a very close decision vs BJ then clearly beat him. He lost 2 very close decisions vs Benson (i feel he should have at least won one of those fights). Benson lost a close decision to Pettis and then got subbed by him.

Pettis has that ugly Guida loss that holds him back in alot of ppls minds and since he is so inactive its hard to forget. If he strung together a couple defenses you could argue him.

BJ of course has those 2 losses to Edgar. Its a tough choice but BJ strung together impressive wins/defenses with mostly finishes and also won the WW belt. I lean towards him.

Ask yourself " who has Pettis beat?". It isnt as impressive of a list as you would think.

Lets not get carried away, he is Good in every discipline of MMA , but he is not excellent or great in any

How can you be better than the guy who beat you twice in both of your respective primes?

Because things are much more competitive nowadays. That's like saying Royce Gracie is the GOAT because he went on a streak on the UFC beating LHW/HWs like Kimo, Dan Severn or Shamrock while being a WW/MW.

Prime BJ would have lost to GSP(he did actually), Hendricks, Condit etc.

you made a very good post. however, i respectfully disagree with you, good sir. i totally understand where you're coming from, though. let's agree to disagree.

I'm almost tempted to buy the Pride Bushido DVD collection and send it to TS for educational purposes.

As good as Bendo is, he isn't even fit to stand in Gomi's shadow.
And Penn is ahead of him too, even though he keeps eroding his legacy every time he comes back.

Bendo, twice. Which is something no one else can claim.

Yeah, and beating a guy nobody else beats puts you in lofty territory. I'd say he only truly beat him once, but still, he finished the guy and nobody else can say that.

If you think BJ Penn or Gomi have better resumes than Bendo, you need to stop posting about MMA here.

Franke 2X
Guida
Diaz
Thomson
Melendez
Cerrone 2X
Miller
Khabilov

Just fuck off. No one has a resume that good at LW.

i think prime bj would beat any lw ever

but bendos resume is getting ridiculous, better than bj's lw record

so depends on what you consider important

my list

1) bj
2a)bendo
2b)pettis
2c)melendez
5)gomi
6)frankie
7) aoki

Lost to Edgar in their second fight. Lost to Gil. Pettis made him his bitch.

So, no. He's not the best LW ever.

Bendo is an excellent fighter but he isnt very exciting. Not like BJ or Pettis.

Ask yourself " who has Pettis beat?". It isnt as impressive of a list as you would think.
Christian-Bale-Laughing-at-Awards-Show.gif

LMFAO!! If you seriously believe that, then you have no idea what you are talking about. But I think you are just trolling.

Thanks for the laugh.

Christian-Bale-Laughing-at-Awards-Show.gif

LMFAO!! If you seriously believe that, then you have no idea what you are talking about. But I think you are just trolling.

Thanks for the laugh.

Here, since you cant look it up, I will make this really easy for you.

Pettis: Bendo2x, Cerrone, Lauzon, Jeremy Stephens, Danny Castillo

Bendo: Khabilov, Josh Thompson, Gil Melendez, Nate Diaz, Edgar 2x, Guida, Jim Miller, Cerrone 2x

Penn: Sanchez, Florian, Sherk, Stevenson, Pulver, Serra, Gomi

Pettis is very good, but he doesnt have even close to the best record in LW history. Alot of that is likely because he doesnt fight very often.

He's good. Not that good. Cerone beat him, Edgar beat him in rematch, gil beat him, pettis beat him twice.

Honestly i think BJ would beat him rite now as well.

Back