Ben henderson best light weight ever

CUTTA

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Why hasn't this been brought up yet? If this was bj penn racking up a resume like this (close fights or not) at light weight you people would be bear nut hugging his nuts until they turn purple.

Ben is the best lightweight ever in history.

if that pettis guy didnt exist he would have a much stronger claim.

right now his claim to the throne is somewhere around Daenerys Stormborn level, i could see it happening but lots of work to do.

No.

Too many split decision's. Best LW's shouldn't lose rounds either. He's definitely one of the best, easily in my top three, love watching the guy compete.

Why hasn't this been brought up yet? If this was bj penn racking up a resume like this (close fights or not) at light weight you people would be bear nut hugging his nuts until they turn purple.

Ben is the best lightweight ever in history.

BJ between 2003-2010 is LW goat in my opinion he's a former Welterweight champion. And he beat up Georges st Pierre and was possibly robbed a decision

Nope. The most impressive parts of his resume are all gift decisions.

Taylor-Swift-Laughing-Gif-taylor-swift-30258989-500-245.gif

the dynamic between Pettis/Edgar/BJ and Benson in how you would rank them all time is interesting. Edgar won a very close decision vs BJ then clearly beat him. He lost 2 very close decisions vs Benson (i feel he should have at least won one of those fights). Benson lost a close decision to Pettis and then got subbed by him.

Pettis has that ugly Guida loss that holds him back in alot of ppls minds and since he is so inactive its hard to forget. If he strung together a couple defenses you could argue him.

BJ of course has those 2 losses to Edgar. Its a tough choice but BJ strung together impressive wins/defenses with mostly finishes and also won the WW belt. I lean towards him.

if that pettis guy didnt exist he would have a much stronger claim.

right now his claim to the throne is somewhere around Daenerys Stormborn level, i could see it happening but lots of work to do.

+1 for the reference.

And for me, it's still BJ, then Gomi. Henderson still has some work to do. If Ben ends up earning another title shot and reclaims the belt, he might be able to beat those two, but he's gonna need more performances like last night, against higher level competition (no disrespect to Khalibov, but that same performance against Gil, Pettis, Khabib, Thomson would have changed a lot of peoples opinions.)

My list

Pettis
Benson
Edgar
BJ
Gomi

1057184-stevenson_aftermath.jpg

bj-penn-knee-o.gif

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.gif

tumblr_lsxpd10zIm1qfq2wc.jpg

353827_o.gif

I remember I was at a bar watching the sanchez fight. The fight ends and some girls next to us who weren't there for the fight were like "Oh my god. He's LICKING THE BLOOD!" My reply, "He's hawaiian it's ok."

In my opinion, he lost 4 of his previous 5 fights (Edgar II, Melendez, Pettis, Thomson) before last night, so no.

Last edited:
Khabib will get revenge for Rustam......... Remember my words.

BJ Penn
Gomi
Benson
Edgar
Pettis

If Pettis defends 3 times and finishes them he's the LW GOAT as much as I dislike him

Lots of robberys in his past, Pettis destroyed him twice....NO

White belts shouldn't be able to start threads.

Benson lost twice to Anthony Pettis, you know.. The guy who is LW champion right now.. He submitted Henderson in the first round and took his belt.. He also took Benson's WEC belt away from him also.

Pettis owns Benson's soul..

Back