Ben henderson best light weight ever

Benson lost to Tompson. Crazy how the judges saw it in Hendersons favor....

Benson lost to Tompson. Crazy how the judges saw it in Hendersons favor....

Because getting someone's back for a little while supersedes getting outclassed everywhere else.

1057184-stevenson_aftermath.jpg

bj-penn-knee-o.gif

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.gif

tumblr_lsxpd10zIm1qfq2wc.jpg

353827_o.gif

I remember I was at a bar watching the sanchez fight. The fight ends and some girls next to us who weren't there for the fight were like "Oh my god. He's LICKING THE BLOOD!" My reply, "He's hawaiian it's ok."

That picture of Stevenson....good lord.

BJ was on top of the division for years, with a win over a guy that many people consider the second best LW ever in Gomi. When he finally won the belt, he went on a tear and fucking murked people. Yeah he only had 3 defenses...but Benson got 3 with several contentious decisions. Edgar only defended it twice (the draw with Maynard doesn't count as a defense). So he's tied for most defenses at LW, with a more dominant reign, and wins over the #2 LW and WW ever.

Firmly swinging off BJ's nuts. Hope dropping to Featherweight revitalizes his career, because its been hard watching him get beat up these last few fights.

You know what, he probably is. Everyone in the discussion has a bad stain on their resume but he probably has the best out of the bunch. He has 2 losses to Pettis, but Edgar has to losses to him, Penn has 2 losses to Edgar, and Pettis has a lost to freaking Guida which to me is the biggest indictment out of all. Find a way to beat Pettis 1 time then its over.

Because getting someone's back for a little while supersedes getting outclassed everywhere else.
I don't think Thomson won, but I also don't think he got outclassed everywhere else, like you said.

It was a pretty close uneventful fight.

Lol his post fight statement was very hypocritical. That if they want the belt defended, they fight him. What the fuck. The champ is injured, if he wasn't he'll be defending it. And he said it seconds after saying he doesn't like to talk, he does the talking inside the cage.

I'd rather look forward to a champion who hasn't been fighting because he's injured than watch a champion sneak out gift or split decisions. Look at how he celebrated after the fight, it's like he's won 2 belts with a $30M purse. He was so happy that he finally finished a #11 fighter.

BJ-Penn-Holding-His-UFC-Champion-Belts.jpg

BJ PENN is the greastest lw mma fighter of all time. there's no way any lw today could:

- win the ufc lw belt, beat the shit out of the best of the best ufc lw fighters in the division

- go to another promotion overseas, beat the shit out of their best lw (who is now considered the 2nd best lw of all time)

- and of course, fucking move up to ufc ww and beat the living shit out of the then hands down ww GOAT champ and win a second ufc belt, in a different and larger weight class.

can benson do that? pettis? gilbert? hell no. no hate to them of course. but, come on man, BJ is the lw GOAT, no doubt about it.

Benson or Pettis? It wouldn't matter in a few years as Khabib rules the LW.

bj penn would have NEVER, at ANY point beaten Benson Henderson today. Wouldnt ever happen in 100 million years, I am thoroughly convinced.

If pettis could up his output he surely would have it based on the small sample size. Unfortunately, thats all we have and Bendo is left as the greatest Lightweight I have ever seen fight.

Lol his post fight statement was very hypocritical. That if they want the belt defended, they fight him. What the fuck. The champ is injured, if he wasn't he'll be defending it. And he said it seconds after saying he doesn't like to talk, he does the talking inside the cage.

I'd rather look forward to a champion who hasn't been fighting because he's injured than watch a champion sneak out gift or split decisions. Look at how he celebrated after the fight, it's like he's won 2 belts with a $30M purse. He was so happy that he finally finished a #11 fighter.

Im no english expert but that is just a load incoherent garbage. All I got was youre butthurt about Ben winning.
Ben simply said that with Pettis out for a while, you want to fight for the belt, see him first. ITs fair and pretty badass of him.

Benson def has the best resume of every LW in history

BJ PENN is the greastest lw mma fighter of all time. there's no way any lw today could:

- win the ufc lw belt, beat the shit out of the best of the best ufc lw fighters in the division

- go to another promotion overseas, beat the shit out of their best lw (who is now considered the 2nd best lw of all time)

- and of course, fucking move up to ufc ww and beat the living shit out of the then hands down ww GOAT champ and win a second ufc belt, in a different and larger weight class.

can benson do that? pettis? gilbert? hell no. no hate to them of course. but, come on man, BJ is the lw GOAT, no doubt about it.

Because things are much more competitive nowadays. That's like saying Royce Gracie is the GOAT because he went on a streak on the UFC beating LHW/HWs like Kimo, Dan Severn or Shamrock while being a WW/MW.

Prime BJ would have lost to GSP(he did actually), Hendricks, Condit etc.

Why hasn't this been brought up yet? If this was bj penn racking up a resume like this (close fights or not) at light weight you people would be bear nut hugging his nuts until they turn purple.

Ben is the best lightweight ever in history.

2 loses to the same guy! The a bunch if gifted decisions that most people thought he lost!

That picture of Stevenson....good lord.

BJ was on top of the division for years, with a win over a guy that many people consider the second best LW ever in Gomi. When he finally won the belt, he went on a tear and fucking murked people. Yeah he only had 3 defenses...but Benson got 3 with several contentious decisions. Edgar only defended it twice (the draw with Maynard doesn't count as a defense). So he's tied for most defenses at LW, with a more dominant reign, and wins over the #2 LW and WW ever.

Firmly swinging off BJ's nuts. Hope dropping to Featherweight revitalizes his career, because its been hard watching him get beat up these last few fights.

Beating Pulver, Stevenson, Sherk, Florian and Sanchez is neither "being on top of the division for years" nor is it "going on a tear."

Back