Ben Askren takes on Olympic Gold Medalist Jordan Borroughs tonight.

And that made Brimage or Kamal ranked? They had zero top 15 wins and were not ranked when they fought Conor and Khabib. Are you actually disputing that???

Lawler was ranked #5 just prior to the Askren fight.

I was comparing the levels of competiton they fought. But I guess in your educated opinion that Shalorus and Brimage were just as dangerous as Robbie Lawler for a first fight.

People will argue about anything on here. I say, two guys got unranked opponents and one guy fought a top 5 guy and someone just has to find a way to dispute a simple fact.
You made a comment basically saying Conor and Khabib had shit wins for their UFC debuts, I corrected you. Lawler is washed up, RDA whooped his ass and thats RDA's only top win for years. But your comment is obviously biased judging by your avatar and hard on for Askren

Don't think legit betting odds exist, but hard to imagine Askren won't get killed tonight. Wish the match was collegiate Folkstyle instead of Freestyle. Would be more competitive.

View attachment 578241
https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/6471571-the-complete-beat-the-streets-2019-preview
Official match preview:

Finishing us off will be one of the biggest matches in the history of the sport. While Ben Askren is long past his wrestling competing days, he is actively in pursuit of a UFC belt. One of the big questions in retrospect when looking back at Burroughs career is what would have happened had Askren continued wrestling through the London Olympics in 2012. While we'll never know that for sure, we still get this.

Burroughs has an "Undertaker at WrestleMania" like-streak going at Beat the Streets, with a 9-0 record in the past eight years (wrestling twice in 2013 when the sport was trying to fight its way back into the Olympics). The four-time world champ and 2012 Olympic gold medalist has knocked off four Russians, a Cuban, an Iranian, a world silver medalist from Japan, and last year defeated Frank Chamizo in what would set up an incredible trilogy that would end in the bronze medal match in Budapest.

Since making the 2008 Olympic team, Ben Askren has wrestled sparingly, but has amassed a 19-0 record in MMA and dabbled in jiu jitsu. He's one of the most polarizing athletes in mixed martial arts, and will likely finish out his career in the UFC. The MMA crowd has long been fascinated with wrestlers, in particular guys like Kyle Snyder and Jordan Burroughs. This Monday, the Askren/Burroughs match should introduce UFC fans to one of the best American wrestlers of all-time.

I agree on the folkstyle tip -- I love folkstyle much more than freestyle, but I can't complain. I know the event is more so for the cause but I hope it's a good scrap and they actually take it somewhat seriously.

You made a comment basically saying Conor and Khabib had shit wins for their UFC debuts, I corrected you. Lawler is washed up, RDA whooped his ass and thats RDA's only top win for years. But your comment is obviously biased judging by your avatar and hard on for Askren

Shalorus and Brimage were shit wins. Show me how they were remotely relevant at any time in their UFC career. And its fine that they were shit wins, new fighters into the UFC are typically supposed to get a couple of easy fights to build momentum (didn't work out so well for Pettis mind you).

I don't give a fuck whether you are a fan of Askren or not. It has nothing to do with the point I made (which you still haven't figured out a way to refute).

I'll make it easy for you to answer without trying to change the subject:

1. Was Lawler ranked 5th when he fought Askren?
2. Was Lawler a former champ?
3. Were Brimage or Shalorus ranked when they fought Conor or Khabib? Had they ever won a title or even beaten a top 10 guy in the UFC prior to fighting Conor and Khabib?

Does this make is simpler for you?

It’s not biased. Askren joined later in his career and had more weight entering the ufc than the others.

If Jordan tries 10-0 tech fall. they may fuck around a bit though

Assumed this had to be inaccurate (I have a yearly), but turns out you are right. That is disappointing, they used to offer $150 a year or $20 a month. Bummer, wouldn't have posted this if I knew Sherdoggers couldn't do a month sign up.

I heard you have to pay $150 to get started? That it's an annual subscription, not a monthly? That's like the price of ESPN+ with the 1 UFC PPV given, plus an additional UFC PPV.

Not sure if they offer a monthly, can anyone let me know?
Says 12 a month for me

Edit: nvm yikes

Shalorus and Brimage were shit wins. Show me how they were remotely relevant at any time in their UFC career. And its fine that they were shit wins, new fighters into the UFC are typically supposed to get a couple of easy fights to build momentum (didn't work out so well for Pettis mind you).

I don't give a fuck whether you are a fan of Askren or not. It has nothing to do with the point I made (which you still haven't figured out a way to refute).

I'll make it easy for you to answer without trying to change the subject:

1. Was Lawler ranked 5th when he fought Askren?
2. Was Lawler a former champ?
3. Were Brimage or Shalorus ranked when they fought Conor or Khabib? Had they ever won a title or even beaten a top 10 guy in the UFC prior to fighting Conor and Khabib?

lmao calm down you fucking weapon, fact is you that mentioned Conor's and Khabib's debut wins by stating their opponents current record instead of their records at the time, just to make them look worse then it was.

I'll make it easy for you to answer without trying to change the subject

1. Was Lawler washed up when he fought Askren?
2. Was he coming off of a loss to a former LW?
3. Did Askren join the UFC late in his career (unlike Conor/Khabib) and was already a vet?

Okay guys so how we gonna watch this with out the yearly membership?

Hmm couldnt I just cancel like a normal one of these or am I missing something

lmao calm down you fucking weapon, fact is you that mentioned Conor's and Khabib's debut wins by stating their opponents current record instead of their records at the time, just to make them look worse then it was.

I'll make it easy for you to answer without trying to change the subject

1. Was Lawler washed up when he fought Askren?
2. Was he coming off of a loss to a former LW?
3. Did Askren join the UFC late in his career (unlike Conor/Khabib) and was already a vet?

Go argue with someone else that gives a fuck. Comparing Lawler to two guys that would never be a blip on anyone's radar in MMA shows that you are either clueless (a definite possibility) or just arguing for the sake of arguing.

Either way, setting your moronic ass to ignore...

Yawn. I hope someone gets gets their oil checked to leave yall boring wrestling fans satisfied lol

Go argue with someone else that gives a fuck. Comparing Lawler to two guys that would never be a blip on anyone's radar in MMA shows that you are either clueless (a definite possibility) or just arguing for the sake of arguing.

Either way, setting your moronic ass to ignore...
Oh shut your biased ass up, talking about Askren's balls like you wish you could cradle them, go argue with someone else that gives a fuck you clueless troll

“The mma crowd has long been fascinated with wrestlers” - tell that to the JBG when you die.

I just don't see Ben Askren, who has not wrestled in ages, beating a younger and way more accomplished wrestler.

No one can ever say that Askren doesn't have huge balls... Fights a top 5 killer (and former champ) in his UFC debut.

Compare other big name signings debuts:

Conor McGregor - 7-7 Marcus Brimage
Khabib - 9-5 Kamal Shalorus
Gaedjthe - Michael Johnson (Who at the time they fought had recently fallen out of the top 10)
Pettis - Got Guida for his first fight (Guida at the time was on the cusp of top 10)

And then goes into a wrestling match with the odds stacked heavily against him. He is fighting at his walking around weight which is 184 pounds. Compare that to a guy like Woodley who walks around at 210. Hell Lawler, walks around north of 200 pounds as well.

Why did you feel the need to shit on a bunch of the lightweights in order to try and put Ben over?

Ben Askren is the hero of MMA, the best fighter, the funniest man, and very arguably the most sexual attractive fighter male or female in the UFC.

I look forward to his inevitable destruction of Burroughs tonight.*

*Not really, he's probably going to lose
thread/

Why did you feel the need to shit on a bunch of the lightweights in order to try and put Ben over?

? You clearly missed the point.

I mentioned the biggest signings that UFC has had in recent history (not including guys that came out of the strikeforce acquisition, Pettis came from the WEC) and they all happened to be Lightweights.

If I had examples of guys that came in with a belt from another org or a ton of hype, I would have listed them.

Really hoping Askren can pull off the miracle. The other matches are excellent. Yianni vs Punia is what I’m excited about most. Hopefully this event pulls more mma fans into wrestling.
Yianni vs Punia is as good Olympic gold medal match right now.

Don't think legit betting odds exist, but hard to imagine Askren won't get killed tonight. Wish the match was collegiate Folkstyle instead of Freestyle. Would be more competitive.

View attachment 578241
https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/6471571-the-complete-beat-the-streets-2019-preview
Official match preview:

Finishing us off will be one of the biggest matches in the history of the sport. While Ben Askren is long past his wrestling competing days, he is actively in pursuit of a UFC belt. One of the big questions in retrospect when looking back at Burroughs career is what would have happened had Askren continued wrestling through the London Olympics in 2012. While we'll never know that for sure, we still get this.

Burroughs has an "Undertaker at WrestleMania" like-streak going at Beat the Streets, with a 9-0 record in the past eight years (wrestling twice in 2013 when the sport was trying to fight its way back into the Olympics). The four-time world champ and 2012 Olympic gold medalist has knocked off four Russians, a Cuban, an Iranian, a world silver medalist from Japan, and last year defeated Frank Chamizo in what would set up an incredible trilogy that would end in the bronze medal match in Budapest.

Since making the 2008 Olympic team, Ben Askren has wrestled sparingly, but has amassed a 19-0 record in MMA and dabbled in jiu jitsu. He's one of the most polarizing athletes in mixed martial arts, and will likely finish out his career in the UFC. The MMA crowd has long been fascinated with wrestlers, in particular guys like Kyle Snyder and Jordan Burroughs. This Monday, the Askren/Burroughs match should introduce UFC fans to one of the best American wrestlers of all-time.

This sounds awesome!

giphy.gif

200.gif

Back