• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ben Askren Said He Picked/Tricked Masvidal into Fighting Him Because He's "Simple" and Easy to Beat

Who wins?

• Total voters
That was definitely planned and timed well, but they're very high risk moves that rarely if ever payoff.

Not a fluke but pretty much a fluke. It was the perfect storm. We learned nothing from the fight.
Worth the risk in a fight against a mauling style of Askren.

It was worth it in hindsight. He could have easily missed and then grapplefucked.

This fight never answered any questions. It was a quick KO. We don't know how Jorge would have dealt with the grappling if it ever went there or how difficult it would be for Askren to deal with the striking and get a takedown.

Last edited:
Ben was underestimating Gamebred since before the Till fight. I remember him saying that Jorge has been fighting a long time but never improved, that Till 2puld handle him easy etc. Than he talked all this shit before this fight like it would be a walk in the park. Well he definitely paid the price for it tonight....hope Gamebred can ride the momentum from this to a title shot.

That’s not a very nice thing to do

I'm sorry you had to see that. Professional fighting can be brutal. Hopefully this'll make you feel better

iu

iu

For sure, especially against a guy that will grind you out and drain your cardio.

I wonder how Joe feels seeing as he sort of campaigned to get Ben in the UFC and now he probably has serious life long injuries :/

I think Ben wins that fight 9/10 times but this is what makes MMA always interesting, anything can happen. Ben is extremely predictable and it finally caught up to him.

No way is it 9/10, I would say Ben would be at best 50/50 with any top10 WW.

Feel bad for Askren. He really should have seen that knee coming though... everyone watching did, as soon as Jorge started his runup

It was worth it in hindsight. He could have easily missed and then grapplefucked.

This fight never answered any questions. It was a flash KO. We don't know how Jorge would have dealt with the grappling if it ever went there or how difficult it would be for Askren to deal with the striking and get a takedown.

Lol. Do you know what a "flash KO" is??? Askren was out for over a minute!

Hahhaahah the mod who is deleting everything is now merging everything in this thread after getting called out lol.
<{cruzshake}><{nope}>
<mma1>
<24>
{<jordan}

Lmao here we fucking go

One loss and you were never any good
he was absolutely overrated and he never had fought a top 10 in his life. also got KO'ed in his last fight but I think herb didn't stop the fight. ufc wanted to market him so much that now they got fucked

This fight never answered any questions. It was a flash KO. We don't know how Jorge would have dealt with the grappling if it ever went there or how difficult it would be for Askren to deal with the striking and get a takedown.

That's the thing, everyone is pretending like that was the only outcome. Grats to Jorge, but he still got grapple fucked by other fighters. Askren was a good test to see how he has developed because Usman will more than likely smother him with the information we have.

says you? Difference between a knee to the side of the head of a conscious someone, and then two haymakers right to the jaw to an unconscious person resting on the floor.
Well last time Askren knocked him out the punches woke him back up. Masvidel was just trying to help.

Back