Ben Askren making the most of his downtime. Wrestling current 2 time NCAA 197lb champ

Not a big Askren fan but you can tell the guy is a competitor. He loves to compete no matter what the sport. I can see him being the type of guy to take even a card game super serious and want to win. LOL

ditto. he's also a pro disc golfer.

Bubba is also wrestling Dake on Dec 1.

Poor Bubba.:icon_lol:

Bubba vs Caldwell 2 would be interesting too. Their match at nationals was crazy.

Haha! Poor Bubba indeed. He's going to get waxed.

Gotta love wrestling. Senior year for me, season starts in 4 weeks.

Wooooooo!

Wright by decision
Oliver by decision over time
Jay by decision
Abas by decision

You don't think with that much size disparity Wright gets a pin? I think he can turn him. Wright never left the wrestling room and he's cartoonishly bigger than Askren in this matchup.

Haha! Poor Bubba indeed. He's going to get waxed.

Gotta love wrestling. Senior year for me, season starts in 4 weeks.

Wooooooo!

Good luck Razor! Try to take down your coach whenever you can and and rub it in his face during live wrestling.

You don't think with that much size disparity Wright gets a pin? I think he can turn him. Wright never left the wrestling room and he's cartoonishly bigger than Askren in this matchup.

Ben is a crafty wrestler. I see him creating a lot scramble situations and keeping it close. I see Wright getting 2 or 3 takedowns at most. Wright does have big throws though so I could see some backs with a possible fall if Ben doesn't respect Wright's clinch game. Ben and Wright will put on a scrap.

Quentin wright may be too much for Askren from a purely wrestling standpoint.

Thanks zieg.

HS. Going 152, currently 163.

Should be fun. Lol

Damn, how long ago was that? I knew they've won some state titles in the past, they're not as strong as they were back then.

Allen practically owns Texas wrestling.

I actually met Aaron Simpson at UFC on Fox 4, he was super cool. Him and CB Dolloway were both super polite. Got a pic with both. This is actually a super cool event. I'm down with this.

Damn, how long ago was that? I knew they've won some state titles in the past, they're not as strong as they were back then.

Allen practically owns Texas wrestling.

The years 2006-2010, I think that was the last year they came.

these cross overs always have me interested and i'll watch sports i'd normally never watch

A reminder the event is this Sunday, sadly it's not free, they are requiring people to join the monthly membership of Flo Pro to watch. I'll be dropping the 20, because their are other events listed on the schedule I want to see, but figure the $20 will be more than the random curious fan will want to pay.

Vegas odds are out for the 4 main event matches:

Ben Askren 3:2 favorite over Quentin Wright
Jordan Oliver 3:1 favorite over Lance Palmer
Nick Simmons 7:6 favorite over Stephan Abas
Jay Borschel 4:1 favorite over Aaron Simpson

Wow Askren is favourite? Crazy. Kinda would like to watch just to see if/how Askren keeps from getting pinned/keeping it competitive.

Wow Askren is favourite? Crazy. Kinda would like to watch just to see if/how Askren keeps from getting pinned/keeping it competitive.

I also figured Ben would be the underdog due to the size difference, but wasn't going to be shocked if he won.

Askren is confident, he made a bet he'd shave off his famous mop top if he loses.

Back