Ben Askren making the most of his downtime. Wrestling current 2 time NCAA 197lb champ

Meathead Jock

WAR ASKREN
@Gold
Reaction score
PAGE 18 has the video of Askrens match from 1-26-14

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverag...right-Trailer?ref=ourflashaskrenwrighttrailer

GUYS.jpg

Askren can't fight for another 6 months or so in the midst of contract negotiations; but he can still wrestle. October 27th he will be headlining an event in which top mma wrestlers wrestle the top college wrestlers.

Askren who many consider to be small at 170lbs will be giving up a lot of weight to face the 2 time champion at 197lbs in the NCAA's who graduated this past June. I would have to assume Askren is the underdog giving up all that size, but should be a fun event. Palmer vs Oliver is a good one too.

edit: click the link at the top for the video preview for the event, it's pretty good.

Last edited:
Looks like a very fun event for wrestling fans. Not as much for MMA fans, but cool nonetheless.

I'm a big fan of Askren. He seems like he doesn't really care much about weight classes, he'll fight or wrestle whoever. He doesn't look like he cuts much weight, either.

And see ya in Worldwide MMA...

Oliver is one of my favorites.

I've seen this announced, but where do I watch?

Nice to see Aaron Simpson competing here, after his MMA career has been a struggle over his last few fights.

I'm excited to see how much "wrestling ability" is lost by some of the former greats when they have to split up their training time to incorporate other martial arts.

Wright by decision
Oliver by decision over time
Jay by decision
Abas by decision

Good to see him staying active. I hate how Bellator won't let their fighters leave. It's clear that Askren should be in the UFC.

Not a big Askren fan but you can tell the guy is a competitor. He loves to compete no matter what the sport. I can see him being the type of guy to take even a card game super serious and want to win. LOL

thats whats up, can't wait to see how it goes, go fro!

Oliver is also wrestling Bubba J on November 2nd.

Would much rather watch him on the world team but this will do... haha

Oliver is also wrestling Bubba J in November 2nd.

Would much rather watch him on the world team but this will do... haha

Bubba is going to get smashed.

Would love to see Bubba wrestle Metcalf again. Bubba probably still has nightmares about him.

Love 'em or hate 'em, Funky Ben is one of the toughest dudes on this planet.

He's giving up about 40 pounds to face a world class competitor.

Askrens style of wrestling is really fun to watch. The guy is flat out good. Still green in MMA, but you can not deny his wrestling ability.

Bubba is going to get smashed.

Would love to see Bubba wrestle Metcalf again. Bubba probably still has nightmares about him.

Taylor vs. Bubba, again.

Taylor would handle him without any struggle imo

Taylor vs. Bubba, again.

Taylor would handle him without any struggle imo

Bubba is also wrestling Dake on Dec 1.

Poor Bubba.:icon_lol:

Bubba vs Caldwell 2 would be interesting too. Their match at nationals was crazy.

Last edited:
Back