• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ben Askren-I know I would Dominate Robbie Lawler (New Podcast w/ Askren, Ashlee Evans-Smith, Gian)

You can't just take dominant wins over a bunch of cans and say "yep, he'd do that to top 10 guys too". We have no way of knowing that. Only fringe top ten he's fought is Hieron, and he had to edge out a split against him. It wasn't a dominant win by any means. And Hieron went 0-4 in the ufc. How people look at a split over Hieron and a desperation eye poke against a guy ranked like 60th and just assume he'd be a champ is just crazy. Level of competition matters.

I am not angry and I made no mistake. No one, not even the UFC, has Tarec in the top 10 fighters. It's hilarious how much you want me to be mad, it doesn't make it so. It's likewise hilarious how you admit I am right and Tarec is 11th on the list and somehow still want to say I am wrong. Do you even have a wife/friends when you can't admit you were wrong even when you know you are? Who can put up with that? Still live with your mom?
yeah. You're obviously mad or you wouldn't be trying to insult me. I mean really, look at this post. When you have to personally insult someone after they proved you wrong, you're angry. Also, you were wrong before. & you're wrong again. Tarec is top 10, & the ufc has him ranked top 10. Idk how many times I should explain this to you or how to make it simpler for you. Maybe if you would calm down it would be easier to understand.

yeah. You're obviously mad or you wouldn't be trying to insult me. I mean really, look at this post. When you have to personally insult someone after they proved you wrong, you're angry. Also, you were wrong before. & you're wrong again. Tarec is top 10, & the ufc has him ranked top 10. Idk how many times I should explain this to you or how to make it simpler for you. Maybe if you would calm down it would be easier to understand.
I think my work is one here. When you are able understand that the top 10 by definition can not have 11 people in it let me know. If you do not want to be insulted do not be contemptible.

I doubt it and I think he does too, but of course he has to say things like that. I'm guessing the deal the UFC put on the table was "the money isn't amazing to start off with, but if you become champion, you'll be making bank", similar to the offer they made to Benson. The fact he didn't take that deal, kinda undermines this overly confident demeanor he puts on.

I think my work is one here. When you are able understand that the top 10 by definition can not have 11 people in it let me know. If you do not want to be insulted do not be contemptible.
If you don't want to be proven wrong then don't make false statements. Sorry I made you angry. Have a good night.

And he was not. All nobodies. He's not top 20, arguably top 30 arguably not. And that is not because "it's Bellator" ... they have some top guys, like Askren who could be top 10 maybe. Storm was WAY overrated.

My point was specific to Fightmatrix which suffers from it more than most, Bellator guys can get way overranked because of the algorithm.

He was ranked top 15 on Sherdog for a while, here's rankings from mid 2012: http://www.sherdog.com/news/rankings/4/Sherdogs-Official-Mixed-Martial-Arts-Rankings-43839. I wouldn't call those guys nobodies, they were good wins at the time. Some of them Bellator tournament winners. Considering the state of the division at the time, more than enough to warrant a top 15 ranking.

I get your point, #8 was a bit much. It just bothers me when someone loses outside of the UFC, they were never any good. Saying he arguably wasn't top 30 is ridiculous. He was top 20 at the very worst. Shlemenko was every bit as good as someone like Belcher, Munoz, Stann and Boetsch who were ranked as well.

He was ranked top 15 on Sherdog for a while, here's rankings from mid 2012: http://www.sherdog.com/news/rankings/4/Sherdogs-Official-Mixed-Martial-Arts-Rankings-43839. I wouldn't call those guys nobodies, they were good wins at the time. Some of them Bellator tournament winners. Considering the state of the division at the time, more than enough to warrant a top 15 ranking.

I get your point, #8 was a bit much. It just bothers me when someone loses outside of the UFC, they were never any good. Saying he arguably wasn't top 30 is ridiculous. He was top 20 at the very worst. Shlemenko was every bit as good as someone like Belcher, Munoz, Stann and Boetsch who were ranked as well.
A BFC tournament winner in the MW division is meaningless. I could see him being ~15 in the rankings from potential, but he was never top 20, an arguably not top 30. I would have favored a lot of the 20-30 to beat him. I think the 20-30 range is where he was, not 8. All 4 of the guys you mentioned would beat Storm. Storm was a WW who could not hack it and ran to an easy MW division. Even the UFC MW division was terrible at the time.

Maia would take Askren. Marcelo Garcia is considerably smaller than Askren and tapped him 10 times in 5 minutes.

Askren wouldn't be a top 10 welterweight. See Hieron, Jay; Santos, Luis.
Yeah MG had his way with him but that was quite a few years back, wasn't it? And it was rolling, an MMA bout has more variables to take into consideration.

All in all I'd like to see it.

2j0d1ki.jpg

struggled like hell to get Santos down...sorry Funky I like you but no.

IMO, it's a fallacy that Askren is "making bank" at OneFC. The man brags about driving a 2007 Prius ffs ;)

I'm open to being corrected if anyone has any figures from OneFC, but I doubt he's carving out much better than a lower-middle class lifestyle for himself. Lawler, however, is a millionaire.

"i would dominate lawler", yet ducks sapo, a bellator reject

hahahahahahahahaa

Last edited:
None of the people you listed would be able to stop Ben from taking then down.

Easy there. I'm very fond of Askren's skill (notice the lack of plural), but Rory circles around him, maintains distance and ultimately cracks his chin. Robbie has a hell of a TDD too and even if Askren manages to take him down, Robbie's very crafty when it comes to get back to his feet. He's not just the brawler people make him out to be. He probably obliterates him standing at some point in a 5 rounder.

I think Askren smokes Lombard, barring some judo throws in the first round. I think he dominates Hendricks and Woodley too but I wouldn't bet on that, they're much more complete fighters than him.

And I know I could make Megan Fox squirt... Trouble is I'm never gonna get a chance, and she wouldn't be interested anyway, and I'd never be allowed.in the same room.

Last edited:
IMO, it's a fallacy that Askren is "making bank" at OneFC. The man brags about driving a 2007 Prius ffs ;)

I will have to grab the source after work but 120K a fight I believe is what he is getting; his wrestling academy is successful too; and a way too creepy of a stalker fan level his wife's family are all published millionaires through the sales of some odd energy drink. That 2007 Prius is a lifestyle choice.

I would like to see him try. But if I remember correctly, he was getting his ass beat by Santos.

Even if he did dominate Lawler, he wouldn't finish him. That means Lawler instantly wins via robbery.

Robbery Lawler... i like it.

I would like to see him try. But if I remember correctly, he was getting his ass beat by Santos.

Even if he did dominate Lawler, he wouldn't finish him. That means Lawler instantly wins via robbery.
oh, still salty?

Let's be real here, Santos fight was like 2 minutes long. Likely scenario, Askren would have weathered the early storm from the juiced Santos and dominated from then on. There's no way Santos was maintaining that pace.

I think Askren would have won that fight but in that fight he didnt look good.

I think Askren is good and is a top WW but I think he'd get beat in UFC by a few guys.

He knows he can "dominate" everybody in the UFC and yet he won't fight in the UFC.

Put up or shut up IMO

Kidding right? He has been campaigning to get into the UFC for years. Dana doesn't want him...

Get this man in the UFC allready. He could sing a few bars in the cage after he beats lawler on that 50 - 45

Back