Ben Askeren: [Masvidal] knows how those training sessions with Colby went

Wasn't Ben supremely confident going into the fight with Mas because he knew 'what happened' when they were training together previously?

Honestly, Ben is now like an MMA content creator and it really feels like he is demanding more credibility than he actually deserves.
I mean without that knee, Ben would have done what he does and had his way with Mas, that’s the cost of being extremely one dimensional, and Colby definitely isn’t

Could be as simple as not wanting to do business with Colby. Fighting Colby raises his market value, and Jorge likely lacks interest in providing the assist.

P.S., I don't doubt Colby's ability to beat Jorge.

I mean without that knee, Ben would have done what he does and had his way with Mas, that’s the cost of being extremely one dimensional, and Colby definitely isn’t
Askren probably loses regardless of the knee

Makes sense, except for the fact that Masvidal isn’t ducking Colby. Masvidal having previously not been interested in post-Kumaru Colby, when bigger fights were available, is a different matter altogether.

Could be as simple as not wanting to do business with Colby. Fighting Colby raises his market value, and Jorge likely lacks interest in providing the assist.

P.S., I don't doubt Colby's ability to beat Jorge.

The irony in that though is this would be a massive ppv and make Jorge alot of money. Financially makes 100% sense to take the fight. But yea Jorge probably thinks he cant win

When has Masvidal proven otherwise though? He got domianted by Usman who's extremely similar to Covington. At least in the fact that he's a strong wrestler at 170.

There's no excuses to make here, Masvidal is ducking Covington obviously.
Who has colby held against the fence like that? Colby is not as physically strong as usman.
Colby couldn’t hold rda down there was a ton of scrambles.
Usman couldn’t take jorge down and keep him there, he could only stall the striking by pushing jorge against the cage the idea that colby will be nearly is strong is just a guess

As entertaining as Ben's trash talk is, the last time he made this argument, he got a flying knee to his head.

Things that happened years ago and in training - Mas has improved and took the current WW champ to a decision on short notice (with Snoozeman using the most boring, but effective, game plan ever).
Yeah but Colby took Marty to the last 50 seconds of the fifth round while not implementing a slow and boring clinch battle. Colby has a big name and if Masvidal really wanted to be would go in and smash a big name if he thought he could easily.

the ole "remember what happened in practice" by Askren, same jibber jabber Askren used when Mas was stalling for a decent payout... I mean ducking Askren

Come on Schmo, don't you know by now Masvidal is always ducking everyone... unless he's booked for a fight... then it becomes cue the 2009 Toby Imada submission

Ben Askeren: “What goes along with him not wanting to do it ...they know how those training sessions went. Generally speaking in those situations if one party wants it and another doesn’t. That tells me that there giving a very clear indication of what really happened in [those practices]. Obviously Jorge is never going to admit that. But thats what that tells me. If Jorge was beating up Colby in practice everyday and Colby wants this fight Jorge would say yes already why wouldn’t he.”

Cant argue with that logic. If Jorge was kicking Colbys ass in practice he would have instantly said yes to the fight. Colby mentioned a few days ago that he signed for the fight but Jorge has not. Masvidal seems like doesn’t really want to fight Colby and even goes out of his way to not talk about him at all.

Source: around 27 min mark

Reminiscent of Chuck and Tito

I mean there are multiple YouTube videos of Colby wrestlefucking him as roommates.

Guess I'll post the gif...

giphy.gif

Ben Askeren: “What goes along with him not wanting to do it ...they know how those training sessions went. Generally speaking in those situations if one party wants it and another doesn’t. That tells me that there giving a very clear indication of what really happened in [those practices]. Obviously Jorge is never going to admit that. But thats what that tells me. If Jorge was beating up Colby in practice everyday and Colby wants this fight Jorge would say yes already why wouldn’t he.”

Cant argue with that logic. If Jorge was kicking Colbys ass in practice he would have instantly said yes to the fight. Colby mentioned a few days ago that he signed for the fight but Jorge has not. Masvidal seems like doesn’t really want to fight Colby and even goes out of his way to not talk about him at all.

Source: around 27 min mark

I’ve been speculating this for a while. It’s such a big payday fight. The only reason I can think that Jorge doesn’t want it is because he knows he’s going to get wrestle fucked. We all know he’d get wrestle fucked. Jorge doesn’t want to ruin his new found fame by getting cage fucked twice in a row.

Can't see a reason for Mas not to take it other than that. I can't off the top of my head think of a bigger more marketable fight for him. Maybe if Leon Edwards beats Khamzat and gets a little hype. Maybe Mas is waiting to see how that plays out.

We literally have video of them both in sparring when Mas was a 155er kicking Colbys ass...

Masvidal has always been a journeyman. Lol at anybody who ever bought into the hype.
Masvidal has always been a great fighter

You can't just understand a fighter by looking at their record. Context is everything. Fighters evolve.

Sherdog calling fighters journeymen is among to shit on whatever they may have is among the cringiest things I've seen on this site.

I mean he's not wrong. Jorge knows he gets ragdolled and loses his hype and he wants nothing to do with it.

Taking a grinder to a decision isn't really an accomplishment.
buds im sure i told you before, you seem like one of the smartest posters on the board. you most likely got that amazing hairline and get all the women's wet just looking at them!! you are one of the most stand up guys ive ever seen post on this forum. a legit legend. 15/10 lookswise imo.

Back