Ben Askeren: [Masvidal] knows how those training sessions with Colby went

Tbf he was a replacement.

I understand that. Still he could have at least put up a fight in the first round. It really was a bad display No matter short notice. But I dont really take a side, just my estimation that Colby would smoke him

Wasn't Ben supremely confident going into the fight with Mas because he knew 'what happened' when they were training together previously?

Honestly, Ben is now like an MMA content creator and it really feels like he is demanding more credibility than he actually deserves.

To be fair, while it was an iconic KO, no one would expect it to happen again like that. We don't know how it would have played out if Ben had gotten the takedown and he likely would have eventually.

The thing about Ben is while he knows how good his wrestling was, he never improved his striking at all. I mean it wasn't even passable so I think he was just deluding himself.

His logic is that street Jesus is avoiding the fight, and that * Alone* leads Askren to believe that Masvidal is avoiding Colby because of what happened in Training.

It is the most logical consesus to draw from Masvidal's actions, if you have a better theory please enlighten us.

To be fair, while it was an iconic KO, no one would expect it to happen again like that. We don't know how it would have played out if Ben had gotten the takedown and he likely would have eventually.

The thing about Ben is while he knows how good his wrestling was, he never improved his striking at all. I mean it wasn't even passable so I think he was just deluding himself.

I'm not disagreeing, many fighters talk about what happened in training as a basis for predicting a fight or understanding another fighter's actions. I'm also willing to give Askren the benefit of the doubt and say that without that knee he probably has his way with Mas and the trajectory of his UFC run changes completely.

It's just that after seeing Askren predict his own fights with such smug confidence and turn out being dead wrong, that I find him annoying as a content creator talking about predictions or other fighters with the same smug 'matter of fact' demeanor.

If he's been proven wrong in truly embarrassing fashion I don't think he should be entitled to continue to give his opinion with such authority.

This could be a bad take/maybe I'm being unfair to Ben, but I still don't think fans should trust his opinion as much as he seems to expect us to.

I'm not disagreeing, many fighters talk about what happened in training as a basis for predicting a fight or understanding another fighter's actions. I'm also willing to give Askren the benefit of the doubt and say that without that knee he probably has his way with Mas and the trajectory of his UFC run changes completely.

It's just that after seeing Askren predict his own fights with such smug confidence and turn out being dead wrong, that I find him annoying as a content creator talking about predictions or other fighters with the same smug 'matter of fact' demeanor.

If he's been proven wrong in truly embarrassing fashion I don't think he should be entitled to continue to give his opinion with such authority.

This could be a bad take/maybe I'm being unfair to Ben, but I still don't think fans should trust his opinion as much as he seems to expect us to.

If Masvidal accepts the fight then Askren's reasoning for thinking Colby beat him in practice diminishes, and he might not hold the same opinion.

His point is that by Masvidal *refusing* the fight makes it appear that he was getting whooped in training, that if Masvidal was beating Colby in training then Masv. Would be jumping all over this fight.

Instead we are Colby jumping all over it, and Mas. Pretending it doesn't exist.

ATT is not AKA. I don't think they allow you to remove the soul of your training partners via flying knee. Colby via decision, but fuck this fake hipped bitch.

Jorge just wants to walk around like hes auditioning for an 80's mob film, throwing out one-liners, and pretending to be hard. He doesn't really want to fight anymore. He wants to ride the hype train without actually doing anything. And if he does accept a fight, he makes sure there is a built in excuse for losing, such as the Usman fight on short notice, despite the fact that nothing in that fight should lead anyone to believe Jorge would win with a full camp. Dude is 4-3 since 2017 and people be acting like he's a legit title challenger. fuck outta here.

Still don't care
giphy.gif

Of course he won't take it. Masvidal is extremely lucky to be where he is. He's a gimmick fighter. He has good boxing and nothing else. He can't sustainably stay in the top 10, and he knows it. So, his game is is to milk his spot for the money while he can.

Colby is a real fighter. He's not in his #2 spot by luck. He's legitimately that good, and he doesn't have to pick matchups. He knows he can fight anyone and keep his spot.

Masvidal will look for "money fights" like Nate Diaz. Colby will keep looking for "real fights", ones that take him to the championship.
Good boxing nothing else... lol lets just ignore his world class bjj

Colby is a real fighter. He's not in his #2 spot by luck. He's legitimately that good, and he doesn't have to pick matchups. He knows he can fight anyone and keep his spot.

Masvidal will look for "money fights" like Nate Diaz. Colby will keep looking for "real fights", ones that take him to the championship.

So Colby looks for ‘real fights‘ ...yet he is angling for Masvidal, who is coming off a loss to Usman, and not a legit top 10 fighter according to you. Maybe you should reorganize your hater narrative.

Well tbf Jorge was never teammates with Leon Edwards but he doesn't want that fight either.

Jorge just wants to walk around like hes auditioning for an 80's mob film, throwing out one-liners, and pretending to be hard. He doesn't really want to fight anymore. He wants to ride the hype train without actually doing anything. And if he does accept a fight, he makes sure there is a built in excuse for losing, such as the Usman fight on short notice, despite the fact that nothing in that fight should lead anyone to believe Jorge would win with a full camp. Dude is 4-3 since 2017 and people be acting like he's a legit title challenger. fuck outta here.

lol at pretending to be hard.

Jorge is about as real as it gets in the UFC considering his roots in fighting.

Everyone knows by now of Jorge's true character. He's scared of fighting contenders because he knows he'd get his ass kicked. And ofcourse him being him, he'll continue to deny it and continue to talk shit about them (while ducking).

lol at pretending to be hard.

Jorge is about as real as it gets in the UFC considering his roots in fighting.

Lol, if this were true then why is he running away from personal fights with Leon and Covington (actual contenders), opting to fight Diaz instead? He's a fake BMF.

I remember seeing a fruity video of them wrassling in a hotel room and Colby kept repeatedly taking him down.

Jorge loves to strike. He is one of the best strikers (especially hands) in MMA. If somebody is willing to trade with him then he will most likely wreck them. If somebody is a good wrestler but isn't skilled standing then he will wreck them.
Colby and The Champ are both excellent wrestlers with very good hands and that is a nullifying tactic against Masvidal. Most likely he will just lose decisions.

He wants to earn his money. He is at the very edge of his age bracket. I'm not convinced he wants to be the champ but he does want to win and he wants to show his striking to earn his money. MMA fans are very quick to forget his danger as soon as he is nullified.

Lol, if this were true then why is he running away from personal fights with Leon and Covington (actual contenders), opting to fight Diaz instead? He's a fake BMF.

Being concerned about losing is much different then being afraid of someone. I’ve already said that Colby would be the heavy favorite against Jorge. Jorge has already paid his dues on the streets. He’s entitled to try and play this right for the money and maximize his paydays. He doesn’t have to “prove” to anyone that he is a “BMF” when he grew up doing real fights to get paid peanuts in backyards.

He’s opting to look for the Diaz fight simply because it’s a massive payday for less risk. Financially it’s the smarter move.

Jorge loves to strike. He is one of the best strikers (especially hands) in MMA. If somebody is willing to trade with him then he will most likely wreck them. If somebody is a good wrestler but isn't skilled standing then he will wreck them.
Colby and The Champ are both excellent wrestlers with very good hands and that is a nullifying tactic against Masvidal. Most likely he will just lose decisions.

He wants to earn his money. He is at the very edge of his age bracket. I'm not convinced he wants to be the champ but he does want to win and he wants to show his striking to earn his money. MMA fans are very quick to forget his danger as soon as he is nullified.

This.

Jorge is a fantastic striker and underrated grappler with solid ttd. All that being said, I
Believe he would still lose to Colby. Due to his age, masividal is in a very delicate position right now and has to play this smart.

I don’t see why this is so hard for people to understand.

Back