News Bellator vs RIZIN in NYE

Ougikubo looked bad in his last fight. Like he had nothing left. His opponent wasn’t very dynamic, either. Brutalized. If Horiguchi has some, just some, of his abilities, it should be a quick fight. Rooting for Oug though.

AJ versus Satoshi is a very good fight. Robert has destroyed his competition in Rizin, so I’m glad he gets to test himself. AJ will obviously present a lot of problems, and won’t get instantaneously submitted like many of his challengers, making other factors important that aren’t usually important.

Still waiting on a Miura announcement. No more softballs. He needs a live opponent.

If he hasn’t retired, Shrek vs a bodybuilder
Kim is huge for BW (former lifelong FW moving down) and Ougikubo is a flyweight. Also Kim has intense pressure, great striking, and insane chin. A bad matchup for anyone especially Ougikubo

Last edited:
I endorse all of these fights, even the Guchi/Ougikubo rematch rematch. They're doing about what we could have hoped for. They're delivering.
Japanese New Years MMA is back! Wish PFL and ONE weren't such hardasses about trying to be the second best and bringing down everyone else.

I want to see a KSW cross over as well and ACA (tho that one is unlikely since see who they are owned by)

Ougikubo looked bad in his last fight. Like he had nothing left. His opponent wasn’t very dynamic, either. Brutalized. If Horiguchi has some, just some, of his abilities, it should be a quick fight. Rooting for Oug though.

AJ versus Satoshi is a very good fight. Robert has destroyed his competition in Rizin, so I’m glad he gets to test himself. AJ will obviously present a lot of problems, and won’t get instantaneously submitted like many of his challengers, making other factors important that aren’t usually important.

Still waiting on a Miura announcement. No more softballs. He needs a live opponent.

If he hasn’t retired, Shrek vs a bodybuilder
You're underrating Soo Chul Kim man. Kim is a well rounded monster. Extremely technical kickboxer and wrestler. He embarrasses everyone he fights.

Kim is huge for BW (former lifelong FW moving down) and Ougikubo should be a flyweight. Also Kim has intense pressure, great striking, and insane chin. A bad matchup for anyone especially Ougikubo

I just didn’t see any dynamism, and Oug was lost at sea. Kim was asking to be dropped. You’re right that he was bigger though, but Oug looked like he had nothing in the tank, with desperation takedowns and below amateur striking. Hopefully the last shot at Horiguchi lights a fire under him.

Spike Carlyle vs. Sudario! Make it happen, Spike is crazy enough to do it and not try to run away

Spike versus anyone will be fun. I wonder if he’ll be ready. That AJ fight was pretty brutal, and asking him to return so quickly might not be possible. Spike versus any Rizin heavyweight, or a newcomer, would add value to an already good card.

Spike versus anyone will be fun. I wonder if he’ll be ready. That AJ fight was pretty brutal, and asking him to return so quickly might not be possible. Spike versus any Rizin heavyweight, or a newcomer, would add value to an already good card.
I want the final announced bout to be Spike vs. Luiz Gustavo. That would be a just bleed dream matchup

I want the final announced bout to be Spike vs. Luiz Gustavo. That would be a just bleed dream matchup

Not to be a bummer: RIP Katsuya Kitamura. I didn’t see a thread about it and would like to acknowledge his unfortunate passing. He’s a guy I would’ve loved to have seen at NYE this year.

Japanese New Years MMA is back! Wish PFL and ONE weren't such hardasses about trying to be the second best and bringing down everyone else.

I want to see a KSW cross over as well and ACA (tho that one is unlikely since see who they are owned by)
If they could just come together for an event each year, all of the orgs with name value (minus UFC, of course), and just give us a show filled with the best matchups they can offer, that's an event with each of those orgs' names attached to it every year that can for sure compete with any UFC event. Hell, just get 8 of the top orgs and choose a weight class, and throw your champ in an 8 man tourney with other champs and we can find out. Sigh...they won't do that lol, but, hell, if they did...

For now, this is the best we could ask for, and we are fortunate fans. Whatever anyone says about Coker and his madness, if he does anything correctly it is tent pole events featuring tons of fan service, and I'd wager he had a huge hand in this upcoming event becoming a reality, and God bless him lol.

This is the most excited for a card I've been all year, even over that UFC card last weekend.

ACA would likely be a bad night for most people too. Fuck for something like this they could put out a team in the same divisions of Kurban Gadzhiev, Rustam Kerimov, Alikhan Suleymanov and Abdul Aziz Abdulvakhabov.

Good luck against that team.

If Rin Nakai wasn’t so obsessed with the UFC, she would appear on This card against a Bellator fighter and prove she can still hang. Would be much better way to get into the UFC then wandering around Las Vegas and putting out delusional tweets

supposedly Makoto was down but wouldn’t be ready for new years

If Rin Nakai wasn’t so obsessed with the UFC, she would appear on This card against a Bellator fighter and prove she can still hang. Would be much better way to get into the UFC then wandering around Las Vegas and putting out delusional tweets

I hope she isn’t on NYE.

Kim is huge for BW (former lifelong FW moving down) and Ougikubo should be a flyweight. Also Kim has intense pressure, great striking, and insane chin. A bad matchup for anyone especially Ougikubo

False. He’s a career bantamweight. 18-6-1, 19 fights at bantamweight.

Back