News Bellator vs RIZIN in NYE

I dont get Juan's gimmick but as a Mexican I find it hilarious. Sometimes he is Spanish, sometimes he is Mexican, and sometimes he looks like he is doing a Clint Eastwood cosplay from westen movies. Its like he hasnt decided what he wants to be or doesnt know how Mexicans look like.

I think he's the most loveably cringe dude in the sport. I remember when they announced the GP and Stots came out being cringe as fuck and I thought there's no way you could top that but then Juan came out with his poncho and his conquistador helmet on.

What a guy.

I think he's the most loveably cringe dude in the sport. I remember when they announced the GP and Stots came out being cringe as fuck and I thought there's no way you could top that but then Juan came out with his poncho and his conquistador helmet on.

What a guy.
What is the deal with that hat and that poncho? LMAO its so confusing, he looks more like a mortal kombat character than a Mexican.

I think he should double down and come out fully dressed as a mariachi; with a fake mustache and a guitar.

What is the deal with that hat and that poncho? LMAO its so confusing, he looks more like a mortal kombat character than a Mexican.

I think he should double down and come out fully dressed as a mariachi; with a fake mustache and a guitar.

He dresses like he's going to a fancy dress party in everyday life lol.

Great for us hard core fans.

Not sure anyone outside of us anyone will even blink an eye at this. I highly doubt the Japanese crowd could care about most of those Bellator fighters outside of Kyoji, but not like they really cared when he was there. I'm sure the event will come off good but boy I'm having hard time coming up with match ups that really get me excited. Maybe the Japanese people will support the gimmick of Japan vs the US based Bellator org from a patriotism standpoint. But then you got Kyoji fighting on the opposite side. I'm assuming he is fighting Asakura for the 3rd time maybe(hope not)......he hasn't fought this year and he blitz Kyoji twice in the first round quickly.

Happy it's happening, but I can't see this really helping either org on the business side.
Honestly, who cares? None of us have stock in either company. Let's enjoy the fights.

What a guy.
I always thought non-Spanish speaking people claiming to be Spanish or Mexican was cringe as fuck. But honestly, I like Archuleta’s schtick. Pretty sure he’s doing it to be ironic lol.

glad they went with the Aj and Pitbull vs champs fights, those two are very good fights. AJ/Satoshi is dope. Wonder if PItbull is pissed he's not getting main event spot, he'd probably like to fight Satoshi instead.

The tape delay in US is so lame from Bellator/Showtime, still doing it in 2022.
Pitbull vs Koike is the main event

Pitbull vs Koike is the main event

saw on mmafighting they said

"No belts will be on the line when those champions meet, MMA Fighting has confirmed. McKee-Satoshi will serve as the main event, with Pitbull-Koike co-headlining the show."

saw on mmafighting they said

"No belts will be on the line when those champions meet, MMA Fighting has confirmed. McKee-Satoshi will serve as the main event, with Pitbull-Koike co-headlining the show."
Is it possible that McKee-Satoshi is the main event for RIZIN 40 and Pitbull-Koike is the main event for the Showtime replay?

Damn, I was not expecting Satoshi vs AJ. Its a very, very dangerous fight for AJ. I cant imagine why Bellator or AJ would risk such a fight. This just raises the stakes and adds to the excitement. If AJ and Pitbull win, we must see the trilogy now.

I guess this means no AJ or Satoshi for the LWGP?
We haven’t heard anything about AJ re-signing w Bellator. This could be his final fight.

We haven’t heard anything about AJ re-signing w Bellator. This could be his final fight.

It's pretty smart tbh. It's a high risk fight stylistically so AJ could come out looking shit and if he beats Satoshi then so what, he didn't beat a Bellator fighter and then leave.

He hasnt responsed when they ask him about his contract but I very much doubt that this is the last. If Bellator wanted to screw him up then they may have very well matched him up against Shabliy or Tofiq.

It's pretty smart tbh. It's a high risk fight stylistically so AJ could come out looking shit and if he beats Satoshi then so what, he didn't beat a Bellator fighter and then leave.

last fight and this one actually feel like fights you give to a guy who is leaving not someone who just signed a new deal or is about to. Spike was a nothing LW fight, not beating a top contender or a champ and then another orgs champ where if he wins or loses it doesnt hurt Bellator.

in end always felt he would stay and probably will but if is about to leave Bellator set it up perfectly.

He hasnt responsed when they ask him about his contract but I very much doubt that this is the last. If Bellator wanted to screw him up then they may have very well matched him up against Shabliy or Tofiq.

I think that's risky. Those two are great but AJ is capable of beating them. At least with Satoshi if he wins he didn't beat one of your top fighters.

Thomson out here crying that media isnt doing cokers job and promoting for them.

I hope AJ stays in Bellator. At least for the LW tourney. There are several good fights for him at 155 in Bellator.

I've been drinking and thinking about doing something stupid by leaving the US for the first time. I cannot pull up tickets for this event I'm on StubHub via the link on the Rizin website and the StubHub link doesn't work.

So Kai's participation in the event depends on if he feels that he is ready to come back from his surgery for his broken hand in July. I am guessing that's the last bout to be announced and they are just waiting to see if it's gonna be Kai or someone else

Back