News Bellator vs RIZIN in NYE

The media do talk about Bellator what the fuck is Josh talking about?

Seems like he feels every outlet and media member should fly to Japan and cover this event like they do UFC but that just aint reality. Bellator/PFL get less coverage cause there is less interest around them.

Also no media member is not getting UFC creds cause they cover Bellator. John Moran is at every UFC, turned down UFC rankings panel and is on Bellators panel along with Amy Kaplan and others.

Seems like he feels every outlet and media member should fly to Japan and cover this event like they do UFC but that just aint reality. Bellator/PFL get less coverage cause there is less interest around them.

Also no media member is not getting UFC creds cause they cover Bellator. John Moran is at every UFC, turned down UFC rankings panel and is on Bellators panel along with Amy Kaplan and others.

Maybe if Bellator covers their travel and accomodation they'll go.

I mean I would also not want to be on the UFC rankings have have casuals yelling at me for the placement of a fighter when I don't really control it at all.

It's a weird issue since Media doesn't put as much effort into covering the events since they don't draw as much attention, but then most promotion for MMA events is done by the fans and media. Like you could put out amazing promo content, but people will still not give a fuck because you will have tons more of them talking about the pointless fight like Derrick Lewis vs. Spivak.

you can promote it as much as possible, look at PFL and ONE burning millions, but I don’t really see how it has translated into more people caring

I genuinely don’t see the UFC being overtaken unless it is some union or governmental intervention spreading out fighters

Thomson out here crying that media isnt doing cokers job and promoting for them.

Thomson with the martyr complex conspiracy talk. You're spot on though. It's Coker's job to promote the fights, not the media's. The media should and does cover their events.

I mean I would also not want to be on the UFC rankings have have casuals yelling at me for the placement of a fighter when I don't really control it at all.

It's a weird issue since Media doesn't put as much effort into covering the events since they don't draw as much attention, but then most promotion for MMA events is done by the fans and media. Like you could put out amazing promo content, but people will still not give a fuck because you will have tons more of them talking about the pointless fight like Derrick Lewis vs. Spivak.

you can promote it as much as possible, look at PFL and ONE burning millions, but I don’t really see how it has translated into more people caring

I genuinely don’t see the UFC being overtaken unless it is some union or governmental intervention spreading out fighters

Wouldnt do rankings either but it was more about Josh saying if you cover Bellator you'll get booted out of UFC which is bullshit. And thing with rankings is if you dont want to do it who cares but the media were like oh its a conflict of interest. We dont want to rank guys and then based on that they get fights/money off that so we impact their earnings. But then they do the same thing years later when Bellator asks?

Its like if you dont want to do it, use your time for something you aint getting paid for and frankly dont want to help UFC and would rather help Bellator thats great but their reasoning makes them look stupid.

Thomson out here crying that media isnt doing cokers job and promoting for them.

Josh Thomson is so wrong on this. It isn't the media's job to promote orgs. They react to stories, events, and fighters that the fans want hear or read about, period. If a story about Conor sitting on his yacht in Italy get 50,000 clicks and a story about a Bellator champ fighting on April 5th get 5,000 clicks. It doesn't take a genius running that website to figure out what is more profitable for your business and what they should cover more of.

MMA websites reported the event. They did their job. Now give us an event/match ups that fans outside of hardcore fans care about and you'll get your coverage. The real problem is that is what they can't deliver, so the event will happen with little fanfare in the big picture of MMA.

Great for us hardcore fans and Thomson to take it all in. But to point blame at the media/basically the MMA fanbase as a the issue is ridiculous. He is already firing bullets that this event will fail overall and be forgotten the next day by most and his reason is because the media isn't shoving the event down the fans throats. When the facts are neither org has the star power to draw blow joe to care.

Last edited:
Unless there is no heavyweight grand prix, Fedor fight or even a 205 lbs bout i am not going to watch this!
You don’t even like this sport. You complain about everything.

Unless there is no heavyweight grand prix, Fedor fight or even a 205 lbs bout i am not going to watch this!

Don't forget Floyd, We want Floyd We want Floyd

What's so exciting about heavy weight?

Since monson vs Silvia, how many times have you been surprised by something they do in a heavy weight fight?

How many heavy weight contenders are there in MMA who have a chance to defeat Jon Jones or prime Weidman or even prime Matt Hughes?

Back