Bellator PPV seems to be a big business mistake.

there was an article ( i think Bloody elbow) that talked about his ACL surgery. they reckon he had the cadaver replacement surgery which heels faster than the normal tendon graft. not sure this means much to how well he fights, just found it interesting.

i just dont see this ending well for tito.. and i think this will be a horribly one sided beat down barring fluke occurrence or depending on how shot rampage is..also why doesn't kongo throw any punches like ever? yes i am aware he has shit strike defense but god dammit its frustrating (outside of the clinch)

i just dont see this ending well for tito.. and i think this will be a horribly one sided beat down barring fluke occurrence or depending on how shot rampage is..also why doesn't kongo throw any punches like ever? yes i am aware he has shit strike defense but god dammit its frustrating (outside of the clinch)

i think Frank Mir stole his soul. it had to be a little disconcerting to Kongo to get outstruck by Mir.

and i agree on the Bellator Main event, i don't see Tito doing much at all. i think it will be a major moral victory if he makes the third round.

i think Frank Mir stole his soul. it had to be a little disconcerting to Kongo to get outstruck by Mir.

and i agree on the Bellator Main event, i don't see Tito doing much at all. i think it will be a major moral victory if he makes the third round.

makes round 2 you mean.. and if it goes that far it will be only because rampage is gassed as shit

How is their 1st ppv going to hurt them?

You have to start somewhere.

if they lose 5 million bucks on the event.... how does that not hurt them?

now, i'm not saying this will happen.... but cmon, that hurts them.

Because if they lose money Viacom may very well pull the plug on Bellator. If Viacom doesn't, why would any fighter want to fight in Bellator knowing Bellator will NEVER let them go? So they will NEVER make it to the UFC. I would never sign with Bellator if I thought I had the ability to be top 10, or top 20. Look at what they have done to so many fighters, look what they did to Tyson Nam ... they RELEASED Nam, and then prevented him from signing with anyone else. How disgusting is that?

They never even had the final show. It's postponed indefinitely, how about you just use google.

How about you just use google? Joe Riggs's injury forced the postponement of the finale and that does not have anything to do with whether or not the show was canceled for next season.

Last edited:
there was an article ( i think Bloody elbow) that talked about his ACL surgery. they reckon he had the cadaver replacement surgery which heels faster than the normal tendon graft. not sure this means much to how well he fights, just found it interesting.

Bellator MMA: Tito Ortiz' ACL Surgery.

Returning to high level training and sparring less than six months after ACL reconstruction definitely qualifies as a premature return to sport.

I have seen ACLs in basketball and I can't think of anybody that has come back in six months (surgery was in May), even with cadaver parts. That is just crazy.

Because if they lose money Viacom may very well pull the plug on Bellator. If Viacom doesn't, why would any fighter want to fight in Bellator knowing Bellator will NEVER let them go? So they will NEVER make it to the UFC. I would never sign with Bellator if I thought I had the ability to be top 10, or top 20. Look at what they have done to so many fighters, look what they did to Tyson Nam ... they RELEASED Nam, and then prevented him from signing with anyone else. How disgusting is that?

It varys on how much Viacom spend on the PPV fight card before YOU think it's losing money...Smart way they should be doing PPV is by putting all tourney finalist fights on the ppv instead of giving them away for free

Last edited:
It's great for long term business. It will help get bellators brand out there while also helping them protect their roster (UFC says we will give you 10k +ppv points and bellator doesn't do ppvs so they can't match offer, zuffa then puts said fighter on fight nights etc. instead).

If they can manage to turn a profit too then it will be enormous success.
If they break even then its great success.
If they lose a bit then that's the cost of protecting the roster plus whatever free advertising they got for their brand as a result of putting the ppv on in the first place.

How about you just use google? Joe Riggs's injury forced the postponement of the finale and that does not have anything to do with whether or not the show was canceled for next season.

Well I just checked some more and the Finale fight is on the PPV. The last news I saw on it was "indefinite postponement".

So it's possible they will have season 2 ... but with the ratings .. I doubt it.

The show was horrible, although it had potential, if they put me in charge it would have been a great show. Instead it was way too scripted, and focused on the coaches not the fighters.

If it comes back they better change it up big time.

You realize that Bellator fighters get paid the same whether they're fighting on PPV or on TV, right? The only one who gets paid more is Alvarez, because they had to give PPV points to keep him. The whole point of this PPV is to keep Alvarez.

I think this ppv is also Viacom deciding whether or not Bellator will ever be profitable, and worth keeping around.

I think that's why the event is so stacked, despite that being a bad idea for business over the next few months.

Basically if Bellator can't draw profit with THIS stacked ppv, it's evidence the market is too saturated and won't ever draw.

Seem sad that they're going to bury Chandler/Alvarez II on an event that very few people are going to see.

Bellator aren't the only MMA org that have contracts like that, and other sports have contracts like that too.

It's the fighter and the fighters manager's problem to deal with contract negotiations.

Fighters can't cry once there is a better option and they want to leave, they have to abide by the rules and laws.

bellator has gone downhill so bad... they use to build up talented guys, now they sign guys that were done in the ufc like tito, rampage, kendall grove, nunes, the janitor, paul sass, cheick kongo, lavar johnson, vinicius queiroz, terry etim, etc

bellator has gone downhill so bad... they use to build up talented guys, now they sign guys that were done in the ufc like tito, rampage, kendall grove, nunes, the janitor, paul sass, cheick kongo, lavar johnson, vinicius queiroz, terry etim, etc

To be fair, I wouldn't include Queiroz & Sass in that group. They still have some potential upside to their careers, just had to rebuild a little after their stints in the UFC. Agreed on the other fighters even though I've always been a big Janitor fan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back