Bellator PPV seems to be a big business mistake.

I'll be surprised if it does 100k.

I don't think Affliction did over 100k and they had several top heavyweights on the cards and over 10k paid attendance. Based on early ticket sales I'd be surprised if this did 30k on ppv.

Yeah, kinda wish they didn't jump into the pay per view arena. Especially head lining Rampage and Tito. Bellator should just stick with what they've been doing, and also avoid UFC rejects.

I hope your not referring to two former LHW champions as rejects?

I'm not big on them headlining a PPV but they ain't ufc rejects

I don't think Affliction did over 100k and they had several top heavyweights on the cards and over 10k paid attendance. Based on early ticket sales I'd be surprised if this did 30k on ppv.

That's what I'm thinking too, plus the market for mma PPV is smaller than it was then.

I just can't see PPV doing well in buys. Bellator doesn't have the same causal appeal that the UFC has. I'm calling it that the card flops in sales.

No it's not. Alvarez contract lets him walk after this fight if he loses, and if he wins he has 1 more fight then is in the UFC.

So either way ... Eddie has 2 fights at most to get in the UFC.

If Eddie loses the UFC won't want him. He has to beat Chandler twice to be in the UFC...how is that not being screwed?

If Eddie loses the UFC won't want him. He has to beat Chandler twice to be in the UFC...how is that not being screwed?

Oh, he's being screwed for sure, but the point was that the PPV isn't being done for his sake.

I don't think it's a shitty card..outside of the main event it's really good on paper

That has nothing to do with the PPV. That would be the same deal if he was on a PPV or not. And he already got into the UFC off a loss. If he wins and loses his stock won't drop that much. If he loses the first fight it might.

Oh, he's being screwed for sure, but the point was that the PPV isn't being done for his sake.
and this^^ The PPV wasn't done to keep Eddie. It actually gave Eddie bargaining power.

I feel like buying it simply for Chandler vs Alvarez, still thinking though.

LOL @ thinking a $5 subway Philly Cheese is as good as a genuine NY freshly made, fresh steak, fresh whole cheese Philly Cheese for $14

your comparison makes as much sense as going to Louisiana to get a Chicago dog. Who goes to New York to get a Philly Cheese? Wouldn't they go to Philly?

That has nothing to do with the PPV. That would be the same deal if he was on a PPV or not. And he already got into the UFC off a loss. If he wins and loses his stock won't drop that much. If he loses the first fight it might.

two fight win streak plus a top 5 ranked win when he left bellator errr tried to leave

How much does it cost.

If its more then $19.99 there will be a lot of streaming. Anymore and it's not worth it. To use to getting Bellator for free. First PPV? Got a feeling it'll be $29.99-$39.99 which no one will pay.

Has anyone considered how catestrophic it would be if one of these senior citizens headliners (both with refurbished knees) got injured between now and fight night?

your comparison makes as much sense as going to Louisiana to get a Chicago dog. Who goes to New York to get a Philly Cheese? Wouldn't they go to Philly?

Yes, their comparison was pretty bad, especially considering I already nailed it with my comparison before he posted. Who buys a $14 sub anyway, I'd actually choose a $5 Subway than a $14 NY "Philly".

Back